gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:33:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Al Jardine die in 1965 only to be replaced by a lookalike ?  (Read 24362 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »

[deleted]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:28:16 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2017, 06:12:17 PM »

If you don't like this thread then leave it.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2017, 06:19:09 PM »

Humor is lost on the strangeroverbot. Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2017, 11:16:51 PM »

X
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:39:08 AM by Hickory Violet Part IV » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2017, 11:43:34 PM »

[deleted]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:27:42 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2017, 12:07:45 AM »

[deleted]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:44:16 AM by Watamushi (Polly Poller) » Logged
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2017, 12:10:32 AM »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:43:22 AM by Hickory Violet Part IV » Logged
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2017, 12:28:34 AM »

[deleted]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:42:39 AM by Watamushi (Polly Poller) » Logged
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2017, 12:33:09 AM »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:40:20 AM by Hickory Violet Part IV » Logged
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2017, 12:39:46 AM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:45:01 AM by Watamushi (Polly Poller) » Logged
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2017, 02:03:46 AM »

Quite a trail of deleted posts, what did I miss? Sal doesn't seem too popular 'round these parts.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2017, 10:14:28 AM »

Nothing really. It turns out Watamushi is the real Al Jardine. Proof was offered but Range Rover didn't believe it and this argument broke out. I bravely stepped between them and took some verbal damage, cos that's the kind of guy I am.

I'm OK though, don't worry.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2017, 11:15:41 AM »

Nothing really. It turns out Watamushi is the real Al Jardine. Proof was offered but Range Rover didn't believe it and this argument broke out. I bravely stepped between them and took some verbal damage, cos that's the kind of guy I am.

I should have known. If you write Watamushi in capital letters and take away all letters except "A" and "I" and put them next to each other, what do you get? Al, of course.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2017, 11:25:21 AM »

[deleted]

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2017, 11:51:49 AM »

Looking for clues in the Sunflower cover. Mike is the preacher with white robes, Dennis the grave digger. Al with cowboy hat and vest, might be the gunfighter, mowed down. Lol on the inside sleeve, maybe Bruce is driving the hearse...
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2017, 12:06:12 PM »

I'm not sure why people are getting angry about this thread. Nothing serious here. We aren't making fun of Al. We are making fun of the Paul is dead conspiracy.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2017, 02:22:33 AM »

Looking for clues in the Sunflower cover. Mike is the preacher with white robes, Dennis the grave digger. Al with cowboy hat and vest, might be the gunfighter, mowed down. Lol on the inside sleeve, maybe Bruce is driving the hearse...

"Ronda" Al was chastised by Murry for not syncopating enough, like a true jazz musician would, and presumably eventually did, to Brian's satisfaction at least, thereby becoming hep and "with it.". "Rhonda" Sal/Pete was one of the "clean livers", the antithesis of hepness and beatitude. OK, I'm reaching here.....

Daly, Chicago 1968
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2017, 02:23:21 AM »

I'm not sure why people are getting angry about this thread. Nothing serious here. We aren't making fun of Al. We are making fun of the Paul is dead conspiracy.

Cranberry sauce.

Daly, Chicago 1968
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2017, 02:28:16 AM »

Cranberry sauce.

Maple syrup, surely?
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2017, 03:33:46 AM »

Yep, I have shared some of my ideas that implied I was Al:
・I said that I didn't really like the first two albums of the BBs, which has little appearance of Al
・I once recommended Al's A Postcard from California along with Brian's solo albums.
・I'm definitely a big admirer for On Broadway, where Al sang lead.
・I seemingly love most of what Al has written:Susie Cincinnati, All This is That, Lookin' Down the Coast, Crack at Your Love, to name a few.
・Al once tried to control public opinions with his 'California Recall Blues', and I'm trying to control that in Pet Sounds Forum and Smiley Smile Forum with bunch of polls.
・Al likes Folk music. And I have some of my favorites among folk (or folk rock) musicians: Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, etc. I undeniably love to sing 'The Time They Are A-Changin', which Al sang on Party! album.

For all of these reasons, I swear that Watamushi must be Al Jardine, or Sal, or 'Rhonda' Al. He must've came here and PSF to convert every Brianista into 'Al'ista.

But wait, then who am I that is about to post this post  Huh
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:35:10 AM by Watamushi (Polly Poller) » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2017, 09:43:55 AM »

・I said that I didn't really like the first two albums of the BBs, which has little appearance of Al
・I once recommended Al's A Postcard from California along with Brian's solo albums.
・I seemingly love most of what Al has written:Susie Cincinnati, All This is That, Lookin' Down the Coast, Crack at Your Love, to name a few.
・Al once tried to control public opinions with his 'California Recall Blues', and I'm trying to control that in Pet Sounds Forum and Smiley Smile Forum with bunch of polls.
・Al likes Folk music. And I have some of my favorites among folk (or folk rock) musicians: Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, etc. I undeniably love to sing 'The Time They Are A-Changin', which Al sang on Party! album.

For all of these reasons, I swear that Watamushi must be Al Jardine, or Sal, or 'Rhonda' Al. He must've came here and PSF to convert every Brianista into 'Al'ista.

Obviously you aren't Al, because he got hit by a train in 1965!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »

I just thought of one more. In Here Today when you hear background chatter, Brian says "put the top back on" Speaking of Al's coffin!

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »

Obviously you aren't Al, because he got hit by a train in 1965!
I'm relieved.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2017, 04:28:10 PM »

I just thought of one more. In Here Today when you hear background chatter, Brian says "put the top back on" Speaking of Al's coffin!
Good call, MTR, you have doggie ears and the mind of an addled amateur detective.

Daly, Chicago 1968
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »

But wait, then who am I that is about to post this post  Huh

You have successfully fooled us all (until now), congratulations!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:29:47 PM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

Daly, Chicago 1968
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx