gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:31:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Al Jardine die in 1965 only to be replaced by a lookalike ?  (Read 24368 times)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2017, 03:10:07 AM »

This explains why Mike wouldn't allow Sal Jardine to use the Beach Boys name!

- Al was buried in a cornfield (or cotton field) inwhich crows cried to uncover after being run over by a train. Killed by the mysterious man who ran the iron horse. Also referenced in "like a free train off a track.

- The imposter's name is Pete as exposed in the song Take a Load Off Your Feet sung by Al.

- David Marks real reason for quitting was because he refused to work with Pete at the time.

- Sail On Sailor is in reference to the Beach Boys sailing on without Al on Summer Days/Nights over

- Winds of Change/Santa Anna Winds is in reference to Al's  spirit influencing Pete

Brilliant deductions!

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 03:38:26 AM »

I think Al kicked it in the early 1970s. Because the guy who brilliantly produced Loop de Loop and (unless it's Brian, there are different credits) Susie Cincinnati is not the same guy who co-produced MIU.
'Al' during MIU era could be 'the third Al'. Probably 'the second Al' , who helped the group since 1965, had to leave the group in early 1970s. 
KDS
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 03:52:26 AM »

"Take good care of your feet

(Pete)"

A clue to the identity of the Al replacememt
ericxplackis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2017, 05:40:19 AM »

In on a classic  LOL
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 06:10:21 AM »

In the early 70's, Al went to Cincinnati to undergo one of the first sex change operations ever attempted in the United States, becoming "Susie" and driving a cab around town.  He then wrote a song about his experience and submitted it to his replacement for inclusion on the 15 Big Ones album.

"Looks aren't exactly a plus" - Al didn't make a very attractive woman.  Still a car enthusiast, he enjoyed his groovy little motorcar.

If you look at the cover of 15 Big Ones, "Al" is the only band member looking away, clearly an attempt to hide the physical differences between the real Al (now Susie) and the imposter.
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »

In the early 70's, Al went to Cincinnati to undergo one of the first sex change operations ever attempted in the United States, becoming "Susie" and driving a cab around town.  He then wrote a song about his experience and submitted it to his replacement for inclusion on the 15 Big Ones album.

"Looks aren't exactly a plus" - Al didn't make a very attractive woman.  Still a car enthusiast, he enjoyed his groovy little motorcar.

If you look at the cover of 15 Big Ones, "Al" is the only band member looking away, clearly an attempt to hide the physical differences between the real Al (now Susie) and the imposter.

Sussie Cincinnati was made for Sunflower
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 12:35:36 PM »

This explains why Mike wouldn't allow Sal Jardine to use the Beach Boys name!

- Al was buried in a cornfield (or cotton field) inwhich crows cried to uncover after being run over by a train. Killed by the mysterious man who ran the iron horse. Also referenced in "like a free train off a track.

- The imposter's name is Pete as exposed in the song Take a Load Off Your Feet sung by Al.

- David Marks real reason for quitting was because he refused to work with Pete at the time.

- Sail On Sailor is in reference to the Beach Boys sailing on without Al on Summer Days/Nights over

- Winds of Change/Santa Anna Winds is in reference to Al's  spirit influencing Pete

Brilliant deductions!

Well, I have obsessed over the Paul McCartney thing so.....haha

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 12:38:48 PM »

A similarity between Faul and Sal (Pete). Faul wanted to changed the credits of Beatles songs to just Lennon or McCartney if only one of them wrote it. Ringo, Harrison and Yoko voted against him. The Beach Boys voted for Mike to have the right to tour using the name Beach Boys, but not Sal (Pete).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:39:33 PM by Magic Transistor Radio » Logged

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2017, 03:46:25 PM »

Good point...and on 20/20 Al is the only one with his hands together in prayer...praying to heaven..as in Al is in heaven!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »

In the cover of Pet Sounds, Al is the only one feeding a pool white animal, symbolizing heaven.

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2017, 01:28:24 AM »

A similarity between Faul and Sal (Pete). Faul wanted to changed the credits of Beatles songs to just Lennon or McCartney if only one of them wrote it. Ringo, Harrison and Yoko voted against him. The Beach Boys voted for Mike to have the right to tour using the name Beach Boys, but not Sal (Pete).

Sal (Pete) when combined is similar to saltpeter, which is rumored to be added to Army food to decrease soldiers' sex drives. One reason Carl supposedly wasn't willing to serve, in addition to his absolutely legit consciensciously non-violent beliefs, was for fear of permanent damage to his reproductive abilities from this adulterant (referenced in Brian's seemingly random "Let Go of Your Libido" asides during the Hang On To Your Ego sessions). "Keep It Clean" faux Jardine adopted the names in private in deference to Carl's ethical stand, and it leaked to conspiracy theorists, who inadvertently went with Sal(tPet)er's program.

"Libueno" was another monicker that faux Al went by for a short period after the release of Sunflower in 1970, taken from the cloying, nonsensical dialect featured in his "At My Window" from that album, which early BB pseudo-historian Ken Barnes dubbed a "bizarre patois, no doubt equally offensive to both man and beast."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:35:42 AM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

Daly, Chicago 1968
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2017, 02:54:38 AM »

On their own these theories appear far fetched, crazy even. Added together though, a worrying picture begins to emerge.  There is no doubt in my mind now that we have uncovered a startling conspiracy. I started this thread as a joke, looks like the joke's on me.

Perhaps some sort of photographic comparisons are needed. With some science.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2017, 03:19:45 AM »

quote author=Hickory Violet Part IV link=topic=25373.msg617678#msg617678 date=1502963678]
On their own these theories appear far fetched, crazy even. Added together though, a worrying picture begins to emerge.  There is no doubt in my mind now that we have uncovered a startling conspiracy. I started this thread as a joke, looks like the joke's on me.

Perhaps some sort of photographic comparisons are needed. With some science.
[/quote]

Maybe the long-suppressed Zeppo Marx film footage could shed some light on this mystery, if he could be located. He was last seen taking a left turn at Albuquerque.

Daly, Chicago 1968
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2017, 07:05:07 AM »

Possible names for Sal (Reggie Dunbar, Rumbo, Pete, Libueno). Somewhere in these names lie a clue.

Help Me Ronda was sung by the real Al, while Rhonda was sung by the fake Al. The extra H means 'has been'. Murry, who loved the original Al, hated Sal.

The original Al, a folky, was a musical genius as they found dozens of recordings called the Cottonfield tapes in 1968. Over the years, the Beach Boys have rerecorded many of the original Al's songs: Lookin At Tomorrow, California Saga, Lady Lynda, Santa Anna Winds, Don't fight the Sea and Postcard were all demos before he died in 65. Sal wrote Island Girl.

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2017, 08:16:21 PM »

Possible names for Sal (Reggie Dunbar, Rumbo, Pete, Libueno). Somewhere in these names lie a clue.

Help Me Ronda was sung by the real Al, while Rhonda was sung by the fake Al. The extra H means 'has been'. Murry, who loved the original Al, hated Sal.

The original Al, a folky, was a musical genius as they found dozens of recordings called the Cottonfield tapes in 1968. Over the years, the Beach Boys have rerecorded many of the original Al's songs: Lookin At Tomorrow, California Saga, Lady Lynda, Santa Anna Winds, Don't fight the Sea and Postcard were all demos before he died in 65. Sal wrote Island Girl.

'Nuff said. SalPeteLibueno coulsdn't hold a candle to the original Al, which makes me even more surprised that Faul/Billy Shears has been able to so closely approximate Macca's talents through the years. Zeppo and Sal collaborated on "Beach Boys Dirge", a lament for the burgeoning dysfunctionality within the band and a statement of their solidarity in the face of adversity (i.e. Mike), with The Band, just after they finished jamming with Dylan at Big Pink.

Daly, Chicago 1968
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2017, 08:44:18 AM »

[deleted]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:28:53 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2017, 09:38:29 AM »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:44:02 AM by Hickory Violet Part IV » Logged
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2017, 10:39:53 AM »

Who? You don't tell me it's humor as if hinting I'm slow to get it & you all do. Also, JK said it's "over-the-top".
Sheldon Cooper from "The Big Bang Theory".
I don't think you're slow, I think you don't have a sense of humor. And I don't think this Al joke is over-the-top at all.
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »

Maybe the real question is did Brian die during the Smile sessions, hence it's curious incompletion.....
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2017, 12:35:24 PM »

Rumor has it that Zeppo Wilson tied Al to those train tracks. If you listen really carefully to the fade out of "Be With Me", you'll hear a recording of Al screaming, just before the train hit him.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »

Rumor has it that Zeppo Wilson tied Al to those train tracks. If you listen really carefully to the fade out of "Be With Me", you'll hear a recording of Al screaming, just before the train hit him.
Oh wow, man, like, that's spooooky.

Daly, Chicago 1968
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2017, 05:45:01 AM »

Perhaps there is a clue in the train scene of Marx Brothers Go West!

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »

Funnily enough, during that scene Groucho at one point yells out "Tote that barge, lift that bail!" from "Ol' Man River", which the group recorded.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2017, 03:30:51 PM »

Funnily enough, during that scene Groucho at one point yells out "Tote that barge, lift that bail!" from "Ol' Man River", which the group recorded.

Zeppo Marx had left the trio by that time, but he was visiting the set that day and overheard the line, and described the scene to his namesake/doppelgangerZeppo
Wilson years later, inspiring and prompting Brian to want to work out a vocal arrangement of the Jerome Kern classic.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:34:55 PM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

Daly, Chicago 1968
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2017, 03:40:58 PM »

All Sal-ient info. When At My Window was being composed, the bizarre patois attributed to the birds outside his window were trying to tell the world in their inimitable way that a new iteration was on the scene and to look out because, as Sal/Pete/Libueno said to David Leaf once (true story): "You know, you got it wrong, there are 5 geniuses in this group."

Daly, Chicago 1968
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx