gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680720 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 05:53:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good photos of Dennis  (Read 2825 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2017, 04:20:20 AM »

You know, for someone as handsome as Dennis, the sex symbol of the band, it's surprisingly hard to find really, really good photos of him on Pinterest. Been through some 200 to come up with just four really good ones for my Facebook timeline. I like clean-shaven, surfer cut Dennis, and also bearded, long-haired Dennis ca. POB. Oh, yes, and Two Lane Blacktop Dennis. Those are his best periods, I think. But for every winner photo there's a bunch of scruffy, inebriated Dennis, or bloated Dennis, or strange pose Dennis.  The girls went wild over him in the 1960s, why do you think he wasn't photographed more, and in more flattering ways?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:21:12 AM by GoogaMooga » Logged
SurfRapGrungeFiend
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »

I seen a bunch of dennis not too long ago from the early days probably 62-66 ill look again for the site

Surf music, Old school rap and The Seattle Sound

DJ Paul- Hi, I'm Chucky

Danny Greene and the Celtic Club

"I have no axe to grind, but if these maggots in this so-called Mafia want to come after me, I'm over here by the Celtic Club. I'm not hard to find'
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 01:42:50 PM »

I seen a bunch of dennis not too long ago from the early days probably 62-66 ill look again for the site

Thanks, that would be good.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 09:52:38 PM »

I wouldn't dub Dennis "handsome" nor is he ugly. I'd say Al & he looked the best than the rest in striped shirts & white suits. Look for these eras' pictures. Btw, maybe he's just not photogenic?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 06:18:39 AM »

On stage he wasn't usually in a very good position to be photographed (in the back) in the early days when he looked his best.  In formal group shots I thought he almost always looked good.  Crop some photos of him out of group shots if you're looking for good Dennie pics.
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 03:17:45 PM »

Try this site:  http://keepinthesummeralive.tumblr.com/
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 04:25:58 PM »

Thanks, all. I think Dennis was absolutely photogenic, but as has been suggested, his drummer position wasn't ideal for concert shots.  And maybe management didn't think to use him much in promo shoots. I think on the whole, Beatles were far better promoted photo-wise, both as a band and in individual shots. However, when you see a really good photo of Dennis, you realize what a draw he must have been, just very, very cool, almost like a Greek god. Coupled with his true surfer image and his songwriting ability, I think he's the most interesting Beach Boy, the real Beach Boy.
Needleinthehay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:20:25 PM »

Never seen the site before...did anyone see this photo below. It says 1983. I wonder when/how late in the year?

Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 02:59:09 AM »

He looks a lot older than what he was in his later pictures
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 08:27:28 PM »

Never seen the site before...did anyone see this photo below. It says 1983. I wonder when/how late in the year?

Beach Boys Legacy on twitter thinks its from March
https://twitter.com/beachboyslegacy/status/713346234275258368

Can't link because it's a reply to a friends only post but Joanne Figueroa posted on facebook that she took this pic.

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx