gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:20:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Petition for Brian Wilson to be Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 5492 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »

Those are good shots. I am still kicking myself for NOT ignoring the "no photography" signs at EMP in Seattle when they had the great exhibit of NW rock 'n' roll. They had some really great stuff in there from the Ventures, Paul Revere and the Raiders, Buck Owens, Ray Charles, the Kingsmen, etc.
Hey, thanks! Smiley

And I would have liked to have experienced that EMP exhibit myself.  Photos, or no, it sounds like it would have really been something.
Oh, it was great. And one of times I went there was on a weekday, hardly anyone in there, so it would have been easy to take a few snapshots. Sadly, that exhibit is gone, and EMP has shifted its focus from music to general pop culture. Probably won't see anything like that again. I thought it was a great exhibit, cause it reminded people there was a lot of great rock and roll in the NW long before Nirvana and the grunge revolution.
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2017, 03:57:59 PM »

No offense to Ringo....but if Ringo Starr is in there then Brian Wilson should be in there
Ringo had a string of hit singles as a solo artist. Brian has not.

So did Huey Lewis and the News.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2017, 12:58:55 PM »

No offense to Ringo....but if Ringo Starr is in there then Brian Wilson should be in there
Ringo had a string of hit singles as a solo artist. Brian has not.

So did Huey Lewis and the News.
So let's put Huey and the boys in. But i'd induct Three Dog Night and Paul Revere and the Raiders first.
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 06:14:43 PM »

Signed.

Be kind to the people you meet on the way up because you will meet the same people on the way down.

Ralph Kramden.
MatchPoint
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 04:04:23 PM »

Sign sealed delivered.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx