gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:57:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys On Tv  (Read 1192 times)
Beckgtr09
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long......

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:27:13 PM »

Back in the day when we used to watch TV, we had only four channels to chose from on the tube. UHF was like taking a chance, if you don't mind holding up two antenna poles wrapped in tin foil. By the time cable got to our little town in Metro Detroit, it was a blessing. So here is my question for everyone. Over the years I've noticed that in those early days it seems like either NBC or ABC used to really show off the band. When we got cable it seemed like either HBO or Showtime would air something about the band. I faintly remember watching the uncut version of " An American Band " on Cinemax. What channels and specials or shows had the guys on the most? I want to say off hand within the past 20 years or so it seems like ABC has the most appreciation for them. Thank you for your time to read my post and I look forward to your responses.

Ted

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:11:16 PM »

MTV Classic (formerly VH1 Classic) used to show a lot of Beach Boys content, such as the Knebworth concert and Brian's Pet Sounds Live from 2002 though I haven't seen much of that sort recently.  I know the AXS channel recently ran a Beach Boys marathon though my provider doesn't carry that channel.

KDS
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:31:37 AM »

MTV Classic (formerly VH1 Classic) used to show a lot of Beach Boys content, such as the Knebworth concert and Brian's Pet Sounds Live from 2002 though I haven't seen much of that sort recently.  I know the AXS channel recently ran a Beach Boys marathon though my provider doesn't carry that channel.

They also used to show the American Family movie a lot.  I recall, as recently as 2012, they did a Beach Boys Weekend for July 4, which consisted of Knebworth 80, American Family, MTV era videos, and I think The Lost Concert. 
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »

About ten  or so years ago, they used to show the 1990 "beard movie" a lot. It seems like every other day I would see it on.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx