gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
641307 Posts in 25606 Topics by 3643 Members - Latest Member: Lennon74 December 18, 2018, 05:24:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunshine Tomorrow 2CD Set, 2017  (Read 1228 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2017, 06:49:52 PM »

Feel free to post reviews here.  Smiley

ďSome people think you have to knock somebody down in order to build yourself up, I donít look at it that way. To the mentality that likes to disparage other people, I say perhaps you should get a life. Itís just wrong thinking in my opinion and I donít mind saying that.Ē - Mike Love

"Every single person who criticized Brian for having She & Him, Kacey Musgraves, Sebu and Nate Ruess guesting on his solo album can now officially go heartily f*** themselves." - Wirestone
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 01:35:56 AM »

A priceless addition to Brian's legacy which shows him to have been still on top form in the second half of 1967. As with the 1997 Pet Sounds box, it is like taking the cellophane off that was concealing the vivid sound of the parts. The tracking sessions also reveal new aspects to key songs, notably Country Air.

Brian is still in his peak voice, as shown by the oldies on CD2 such as Surfer Girl and a Nov 67 Surf's Up. An unexpected treat is With  A Little Help From My Friends, which vocally beat the Beatles version.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »

I love this box set. It's such a treat to us fans. My favorite cuts were Aren't You Glad, Little Pad backing track, and the acapella Surfer Girl
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:46:24 AM »

3. I got this as download file via sendspace via email from friend as per request. It's good but what for did they add "With A Little Help From My Friends" if it's still the same Brurobot voice?

Didn't like the "new" songs. Not generally into live tracks as well. That said, this is the best "Darlin'", Knebworth & London stand shyly in the corner.

The tag in "...To See You alternate" is BBs Party-like.

Interesting to hear "Thing or Two (Track & Backing Vocals)". It's shortie but worthy.

Being stereo fan, glad it's featured.

The highlight - the cool & distant 3D "Fall Breaks alternate mix" which could beat the album song easily.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Betty Boop dislikes Beatles; she cringes at mop tops, says they should get hairdos like hers.

Buy new shiny shoes at dollar tree shops. Bring checkbook.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx