gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:48:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunshine Tomorrow 2CD Set, 2017  (Read 8484 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2017, 06:49:52 PM »

Feel free to post reviews here.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 01:35:56 AM »

A priceless addition to Brian's legacy which shows him to have been still on top form in the second half of 1967. As with the 1997 Pet Sounds box, it is like taking the cellophane off that was concealing the vivid sound of the parts. The tracking sessions also reveal new aspects to key songs, notably Country Air.

Brian is still in his peak voice, as shown by the oldies on CD2 such as Surfer Girl and a Nov 67 Surf's Up. An unexpected treat is With  A Little Help From My Friends, which vocally beat the Beatles version.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »

I love this box set. It's such a treat to us fans. My favorite cuts were Aren't You Glad, Little Pad backing track, and the acapella Surfer Girl
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 01:53:39 PM »

I don't see many discussions on Surf's Up 1967 on this box, but Brian sounds very stoned and that's why it's taking him so many takes to just perform a verse.
He was HEAVY a weed smoker.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 01:23:52 PM »

I played it a lot when i first got it; now i am more inclined to make my own playlists from the contents, like all the live stuff together, the SS stuff together with the SS album; etc. Very thankful, though, that we got it - especially as a two cd set, instead of just a digital dump. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx