gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:29:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce, Brian, Al and Blondie, Take a bow....  (Read 6052 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2017, 07:42:55 PM »

Credit to all of them after reading this....

Justin Bieber reportedly cancelled his remaining tour dates because he is "exhausted".
The 23-year-old singer announced via a statement on his website on Monday (24.07.17) that he would be cancelling the 14 remaining dates on his 'Purpose World Tour' - which included a string of shows in North America as well as gigs in Japan, Singapore, and The Philippines - due to "unforeseen circumstances".....

Regardless of the group, Mike and Bruce plus Brian's 'Pet Sounds' Tour just keep rolling on. I can't think off the top of my head ANY shows being cancelled due to (cough) 'exhaustion'. Even Bruce having bypass surgery many years ago was only off the road a matter of weeks.

Well done to all of them.
KDS
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 09:14:52 PM »

Credit to all of them after reading this....

Justin Bieber reportedly cancelled his remaining tour dates because he is "exhausted".
The 23-year-old singer announced via a statement on his website on Monday (24.07.17) that he would be cancelling the 14 remaining dates on his 'Purpose World Tour' - which included a string of shows in North America as well as gigs in Japan, Singapore, and The Philippines - due to "unforeseen circumstances".....

Regardless of the group, Mike and Bruce plus Brian's 'Pet Sounds' Tour just keep rolling on. I can't think off the top of my head ANY shows being cancelled due to (cough) 'exhaustion'. Even Bruce having bypass surgery many years ago was only off the road a matter of weeks.

Well done to all of them.

Outdone is every way by men a half century older
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:12:10 PM by KDS » Logged
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »

Carl continued to perform while undergoing chemo for the cancer that would eventually kill him.

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
Uncle Jesse
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »

Keep in mind Brian Wilson suddenly quit touring around the same age after a mental breakdown.  I can't imagine the situation for Justin Bieber is significantly different. 

"Have mmmmeeeerrrcccyyyy!" - Dennis Wilson
Senator Blutarsky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 10:12:45 PM »

Keep in mind Brian Wilson suddenly quit touring around the same age after a mental breakdown.  I can't imagine the situation for Justin Bieber is significantly different. 

I don't see the Beiber emerging from this and writing something on the level of a modern day Pet Sounds. Cheesy
KDS
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 03:52:15 AM »

I don't see the Beiber emerging from this and writing something on the level of a modern day Pet Sounds. Cheesy

Nor has he done anything on par with any of Brians pre breakdown material.  Heck, Ill put Chug a Lug against Bieber's "best."
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 04:10:34 AM »

Keep in mind Brian Wilson suddenly quit touring around the same age after a mental breakdown.  I can't imagine the situation for Justin Bieber is significantly different.  

Cheesy

(I envision Bieber befriending a young and gifted poet and lyricist; they might ingest a mushroom or two; and suddenly the Bieb starts hallucinating about Canada's Great Past, its indigenous population, its beautiful outdoors, its modernization, and everything else under the sun. The lyricist barely can keep mental track with such an explosion of sheer creativity. He jots down his ideas at lightning speed.

The Bieb then asks his friend if he could bring a moose in there.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:12:18 AM by The Heartical Don » Logged

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 04:10:56 AM »

(dp)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:12:07 AM by The Heartical Don » Logged

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 04:11:44 AM »

(dp)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:14:51 AM by The Heartical Don » Logged

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 04:24:31 AM »

poor Biebs, if I had a heart, it would bleed.
The Beach Boys/Brian, are music machines.
ericxplackis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 06:10:56 AM »

To be fair, doesn't Justin have a ton of dance routines, etc.?  Huh
jmc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 06:28:22 AM »

Who cares... Besides, the beach boys are all playing instruments while singing (well except Mike).
KDS
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 07:51:17 AM »

So does Bruce Johnston. 

Speaking of Bruce, Bruce Dickinson, from Iron Maiden, just completed a huge year and a half long tour, after being treated for tongue cancer.  And Biebs may have his little dance routines, but I guarantee he's not all over the stage the way Bruce Dickinson is, while singing different octaves, while pushing 60. 
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 11:04:22 AM »

Keep in mind Brian Wilson suddenly quit touring around the same age after a mental breakdown.  I can't imagine the situation for Justin Bieber is significantly different.  

Cheesy

(I envision Bieber befriending a young and gifted poet and lyricist; they might ingest a mushroom or two; and suddenly the Bieb starts hallucinating about Canada's Great Past, its indigenous population, its beautiful outdoors, its modernization, and everything else under the sun. The lyricist barely can keep mental track with such an explosion of sheer creativity. He jots down his ideas at lightning speed.

The Bieb then asks his friend if he could bring a moose in there.)

LOL LOL

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Uncle Jesse
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 02:51:10 PM »

I don't think Justin Bieber not writing Pet Sounds makes his mental illness any less valid than Brian Wilson's. I just don't see the point in criticizing Bieber for quitting a tour when our favorite artist did literally the exact same thing.  Why does there have to be a competition between Justin Bieber and the Beach Boys anyway?  Why does it matter?  If you like the Beach Boys then listen to the Beach Boys, if you don't like Justin Bieber then don't listen to Justin Bieber. 

"Have mmmmeeeerrrcccyyyy!" - Dennis Wilson
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 04:20:16 PM »

Why does there have to be a competition between Justin Bieber and the Beach Boys anyway?  Why does it matter?

Because apparently it's 2010 again.

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 07:09:16 AM »

I am not a fan of Justin Bieber, but at the height of one's popularity, there is a lot more involved than just concerts. At this stage, The Beach Boys career is laid back compared to the 60s. Or even the mid 70s. Maybe even the late 80s with Kokomo. But all the interviews, media, tmz, fans for pop stars today is as bad or worse than what the Beatles went through in the 60s! Though to be fair, most stars back then traveled in station wagons as opposed to plains. Even as many tour dates that The Beach Boys do, they can probably live relatively private lives. Paul McCartney probably goes through more of what Bieber goes through. But I'm not sure how many tour dates he does.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 07:48:00 AM »

I don't think Justin Bieber not writing Pet Sounds makes his mental illness any less valid than Brian Wilson's. I just don't see the point in criticizing Bieber for quitting a tour when our favorite artist did literally the exact same thing.  Why does there have to be a competition between Justin Bieber and the Beach Boys anyway?  Why does it matter?  If you like the Beach Boys then listen to the Beach Boys, if you don't like Justin Bieber then don't listen to Justin Bieber. 

Who has claimed Justin has a mental illness?  Exhaustion is not mental illness.  I would call this "millennial" syndrome.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 04:35:32 PM »

I'm not one to defend a lot of Justin's actions, and I'm just speculating, but he seems to be a cash cow and it's possible he has very little support, unlike Brian, Mike, et all, who have families and band members who seem to care about their well being.

If he is lacking support, that could be killing Justin's work ethic/energy/morale.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 06:07:45 PM »

Who has claimed Justin has a mental illness?  Exhaustion is not mental illness.  I would call this "millennial" syndrome.

Actually, my understanding is that he does have some issues that go beyond that that were initially suspected to be drug related but apparently not (for a funny/sad example, look at the story of him being found barefoot in the park talking to squirrels that was slightly embellished by TMZ and the like)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 06:42:15 PM »

Beiber was having addiction issues when he was drinking Sizzurp or Lean on what was a regular basis, and posting it to his social media, drinking from the double cup and all that bull, etc. That's bad stuff. But when he was looking like he was hitting a downward spiral, amazingly enough it was TMZ that called the situation 100% as it needed to be called. The guy was sowing his oats at his age, and he had little or nothing in the way of a stabilizing influence to keep him on a good track in life. He was hanging with people who were not helping at all, and he seemed to be trying to find a place to fit in and be accepted, and doing it the wrong way that was self-destructive. Whatever we think of him and his actions and his music, I didn't like watching a guy falling from the sky without a parachute. If he needed help in some way I hope he got it.

Having said that, he's part of the same social media, 24/7 celebrity pimping culture that made him a star, and he owes his career to a lot of that...so it's a mixed blessing.

If anyone is curious as to that celebrity fame machine and what it is (and has been), and how it tends to destroy strong, intelligent people...give a listen to Dave Chappelle's appearance on Inside The Actors Studio where he talks about it.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 09:18:02 PM »

That may mark the first and probably last time "Sizzurp" has ever been posted on a BW/BB board!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 11:34:28 AM »

I'm not saying these are  the same,  but Murry thinking the same thing about Brian when he quit touring? They didn't know Brian had health issues. Sure it's true that the guys are on the road a lot now at age 70 plus which is amazing. But they are also in a better place emotionally  away from the of their youth. I assume they go to bed by midnight and don't stay up all hours of the night either like stars under 25 tend to do.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »

It's true that the guys are on the road a lot now at age 70 plus which is amazing. But they are also in a better place emotionally  away from the of their youth. I assume they go to bed by midnight and don't stay up all hours of the night either like stars under 25 tend to do.

I bet Blondie does...   Wink
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx