gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:08:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A little love for Mr. Love  (Read 26547 times)
Scaroline No
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 07:42:10 PM »

There's a whole lotta Mike bashing on this website. But afterall, we are all here because we love The Beach Boys, and Mike is one of the original members, and still plays The Beach Boys music to this day. Let's make a thread of the reasons why we appriciate Mike Love, even if some of us don't have very many reasons.  I'll start us off...

1. Big Sur is a beautiful song
2. His vocals on Fun, Fun, Fun
3. His endurance and ability to perform well even after 50+ years.
4. His lyrics on Warmth of the Sun

That's just to get the ball rolling, but I think there is too much Mike bashing here. I love every Beach Boy, and at the end of the day I think Mike is a pretty talented guy.

(OSD might murder me for this post!!!!)

It's a fine topic to start and there are many highlights to highlight...but Nate, why include the lines in your post in bold instead of just letting people post what they think are highlights and good things to celebrate? There's been enough attempts to paint this community and members overall who participate here as nothing but Mike Bashers, and in doing so diminish and dismiss everything about this forum. They've failed miserably so far, the board is still active and running much better since the real problems left, so it doesn't make sense to have an active member add fuel to a fire that hasn't burned here for a long time instead of just letting people talk. No need to take shots at this place or anyone here.

I'd also ask if all of the negative comments in the past week showing up many places online are all examples of "Mike Bashing", or if they're people voicing opinions on something they don't like. And I'd also add that among the people who have been tagged as the bashers (up to and including attempts to have their backgrounds checked and have them removed by interests no longer here...) are some very passionate and long-time fans who can both walk the walk and talk the talk about the band, the music, and the history. So I'd reconsider those few lines and perhaps let things roll. 

The last couple of days I have headed over the PS forum to read their take on the DIA single. I gotta say that community seems to be in some highly-strung distress over this forum. I went to four different pages there the other day (fairly random threads too) and I saw as many posts directly or indirectly mentioning this place in a negative light...funny that this place lives rent free in a lot of peoples' minds over there. Anywho, a lot of the comments were about Mike bashing here.

I'll take any of the rational discussion about Mike here over the fairytale world that goes on over there. I mean you exclude what, two posters here, and the "Mike bashing" is more what you got the past few days: discussions revolving around the history of the band, defining legacy, etc. Does it happen often? Yep, about as often as Mike does something blatantly ridiculous whether it be a tactless interview comment or a single that got primarily dreadful feedback from the fans, or a couple days later dropping a video for said single. I'm just glad we now have a forum where talking freely about band members doesn't elicit an IP address search for an interested party.

Sorry to veer the thread, Nate...but you did bring it up Grin

Well from my perspective... I realize I'm a fairly new member and expect to get basically zero response from this because I know better. But being a pretty neutral member of both boards, I have to say there is hate and love on both boards. Maybe I've just had too much whisky (which is usually the case when I type words on the internet) but I'm just gonna say it. This is a thread for Mike Love Love. So why does it have to turn into something else? There are plenty of threads that support the opposite view.
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 07:46:17 PM »

Alway's felt Mr. Love was like a Band-aid  sterile ones, plastic ,decorative yet around for wound care. In this case wound creator many a time.  Ever try to get one of these off once you've used one?  As the song says, I'm stuck on Band-Aid cause Band-aid is stuck on (with) me (us)  .   The darn metal box they used to come in rusted away in such a quick time.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 07:48:44 PM »

"This is a thread for Mike Love Love. So why does it have to turn into something else? "

Because one wouldn't back a thread supporting the positive aspects of other historically challenged dick-weeds...so why, then, this particular one?  Do we really have to completely overlook the litany of offensive shyte this mother-f*cker has heaped on the band, the individuals, the legacy and dismiss his OWN reason for continuously doing it...year after fucking year/interview after fucking interview?

Really?

What's to love?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:50:40 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 07:53:17 PM »

I am the third! Grin

The funniest thing?  Many of us mud-wrasslin' to be one of the top 2.   LOL

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Scaroline No
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 08:01:20 PM »

"This is a thread for Mike Love Love. So why does it have to turn into something else? "

Because one wouldn't back a thread supporting the positive aspects of other historically challenged dick-weeds...so why, then, this particular one?  Do we really have to completely overlook the litany of offensive shyte this mother-f*cker has heaped on the band, the individuals, the legacy and dismiss his OWN reason for continuously doing it...year after fucking year/interview after fucking interview?

Really?

What's to love?

No one's overlooking the litany. That's not what this thread is about. I acknowlegge the litany! *Hands in the air pushing upward.* But I have no problem with a thread that celebrates his good contributions. I mean, how can anyone be a fan of this band without acknowledging them? I mean, he's so much a part of this band, and many of its best moments. Maybe I'm too new a fan. But if I let his shortcomings get in the way of my enjoyment of the music, then what's the friggin' point?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:02:18 PM by SCaroline Z » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 08:05:57 PM »

Because one wouldn't back a thread supporting the positive aspects of other historically challenged dick-weeds...so why, then, this particular one?  Do we really have to completely overlook the litany of offensive shyte this mother-f*cker has heaped on the band, the individuals, the legacy and dismiss his OWN reason for continuously doing it...year after fucking year/interview after fucking interview?

Really?

What's to love?

No one's overlooking the litany. That's not what this thread is about. I acknowlegge the litany! *Hands in the air pushing upward.* But I have no problem with a thread that celebrates his good contributions. I mean, how can anyone be a fan of this band without acknowledging them? I mean, he's so much a part of this band, and many of its best moments. Maybe I'm too new a fan. But if I let his shortcomings get in the way of my enjoyment of the music, then what's the friggin' point?

If the issue and topic were just about celebrating good contributions, then why don't you also ask the original poster Nate why he took two swipes at this community where he posts instead of just starting a thread celebrating good contributions with no swipes against people here or the board in general? I already addressed it.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 08:12:40 PM »

It's all been acknowledged before...time and time again.  YES...Mike sang lead on songs that drew me in as a fan.  TRUE!!!  Mike was a former part of this and that which worked sublimely.  Mike wrote some great lyrics.  And then he didn't.  Why?  Because he was stuck in the 50s and early 60s.  Brian wasn't.  Then Mike got bitter.  DO NOT forget that Gary Usher and Roger Christian wrote lyrics for at least as many MEANINGFUL songs as Chrome Dome did back in the 62-65 era.  Then that asshole HAD to insinuate himself into the 'compositional' mix for Pet Sounds.  REALLY???  What a fucking dink!!!  Then he had to whine and moan and whimper about Cabinessence...one of the top 10 VERY best songs the group EVER recorded?  And then it's Brian, Carl and Dennis drugs this and Brian, Carl and Dennis drugs that for ever and a gawd-dam fucking day...in every FUCKING interview ever?  Yes we can all agree that Mike was a gigantic DICK HEAD almost every inch of the way for these past 52 years...but...let's be nice to him in this thread?

f*** HIM!!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:15:19 PM by Add Some » Logged

Scaroline No
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 08:27:20 PM »

Really?

What's to love?

If the issue and topic were just about celebrating good contributions, then why don't you also ask the original poster Nate why he took two swipes at this community where he posts instead of just starting a thread celebrating good contributions with no swipes against people here or the board in general? I already addressed it.

Okay, I just went back and read the OP of this thread. There is no Mike-bashing. That's the point. There are no swipes in the OP of this thread. Regardless of what he's said in other threads, clearly the OP post in this thread is about celebrating the the good things Mike has done for the band.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:30:21 PM by SCaroline Z » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 08:33:27 PM »

Really?

What's to love?

Okay, I just went back and read the OP of this thread. There is no Mike-bashing. That's the point. There are no swipes in this thread. Regardless of what he's said in other threads, clearly the OP post in this tread is about celebrating the the good things Mike has done for the band.

You missed the parts in bold, even though you quoted and replied to my post where I put them in bold to address them.

Again, if the idea of this thread were solely to start listing positivity, then don't take two swipes at this board right out of the gate, in the first sentence no less, and the people here in the first post by saying there is too much "Mike bashing" here. Totally unnecessary and irrelevant swipes taken at this board if the idea is for people to list positives about Mike Love.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 08:44:32 PM »

Okay, I just went back and read the OP of this thread. There is no Mike-bashing. That's the point. There are no swipes in this thread. Regardless of what he's said in other threads, clearly the OP post in this tread is about celebrating the the good things Mike has done for the band.

Which amount to almost sweet f*** all since [and I'm being mindful that Mike did do some stuff after 1965 which counts] 1967-70.  Come on.  Really?    There came a time when Mike Love's gawd-forsaken ego began to run the boat...into a sand bar.  It still does.  Except for the freak windfall John Phillips song we call Kokomo being augmented by TERRY MELCHER and then, subsequently, being included in the soundtrack of a somewhat popular movie indigenous to that specific moment 'HE' has s.f.a. to squawk about since California Girls.  He's done almost nothing truly important except for polishing and buffing the lyrics to Good Vibrations.  And truly...did the lyrics really make that song the major success that it was?  Or was it the vocal arrangements and group harmonies/performance with Carl singing out of the first chair which took kind of 'dorky' lyrics right smak-dab through the up-rights?  Carl saved Kokomo for that matter.

No.  Come on.  Let's not light a candle for a dick-head.  It's a waste of fucking wax.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:49:51 PM by Add Some » Logged

Scaroline No
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »

There's a whole lotta Mike bashing on this website. But afterall, we are all here because we love The Beach Boys, and Mike is one of the original members, and still plays The Beach Boys music to this day. Let's make a thread of the reasons why we appriciate Mike Love, even if some of us don't have very many reasons.  I'll start us off...

That's just to get the ball rolling, but I think there is too much Mike bashing here. I love every Beach Boy, and at the end of the day I think Mike is a pretty talented guy.

It's a fine topic to start and there are many highlights to highlight...but Nate, why include the lines in your post in bold instead of just letting people post what they think are highlights and good things to celebrate? There's been enough attempts to paint this community and members overall who participate here as nothing but Mike Bashers, and in doing so diminish and dismiss everything about this forum. They've failed miserably so far, the board is still active and running much better since the real problems left, so it doesn't make sense to have an active member add fuel to a fire that hasn't burned here for a long time instead of just letting people talk. No need to take shots at this place or anyone here.

I'd also ask if all of the negative comments in the past week showing up many places online are all examples of "Mike Bashing", or if they're people voicing opinions on something they don't like. And I'd also add that among the people who have been tagged as the bashers (up to and including attempts to have their backgrounds checked and have them removed by interests no longer here...) are some very passionate and long-time fans who can both walk the walk and talk the talk about the band, the music, and the history. So I'd reconsider those few lines and perhaps let things roll. 

It's a fine line between Mike bashing and just saying what you don't like, it looks like. There are many things I don't like. I'm not defending recent events in the Mike Love Universe (I haven't seen or heard DIA17 because why do that to myself? Everyone said it sucks so I have better things to do.) I'm sure I'd hate it, and I don't want to. Hating things is the worst. I just feel like the OP was trying to create a Mike Bashing Free Zone  and it quickly devolved into something else. Maybe in those bolded words he admitted what Mike's shortcomings,  but that's what you do in a thesis. You admit what the arguments against your point might be, but then he went ahead ahead and opened the floor to the pro side. I feel like that's what was trying to be attempted here, and I support it. Maybe I could just go and list my FAVE MIKE THINGS but most of them have already been listed (say what you want about that).  I just am defending the idealistic proposition behind a Mike Love Love Thread, because I'm apparently a hippie at heart, LOL.

I'm not trying to stir the pot. I just feel like there are a number of threads about recent Mike-related events that have leaned toward the yuck, and the point of this thread  was to offset that, and I think that's... well, good.
Scaroline No
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 08:52:49 PM »

Which amount to almost sweet f*** all since [and I'm being mindful that Mike did do some stuff after 1965 which counts] 1967-70.  Come on.  Really?    There came a time when Mike Love's gawd-forsaken ego began to run the boat...into a sand bar.  It still does.  Except for the freak windfall John Phillips song we call Kokomo being augmented by TERRY MELCHER and then, subsequently, being included in the soundtrack of a somewhat popular movie indigenous to that specific moment 'HE' has s.f.a. to squawk about since California Girls.  He's done almost nothing truly important except for polishing and buffing the lyrics to Good Vibrations.  And truly...did the lyrics really make that song the major success that it was?  Or was it the vocal arrangements and group harmonies/performance with Carl singing out of the first chair which took kind of 'dorky' lyrics right smak-dab through the up-rights?  Carl saved Kokomo for that matter.

No.  Come on.  Let's not light a candle for a dick-head.  It's a waste of fucking wax.

Fine... all of that, valid. Not saying I disagree. But does it have to be all hate all the time? There's nothing good to be said?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 08:57:40 PM »

The last couple of days I have headed over the PS forum to read their take on the DIA single. I gotta say that community seems to be in some highly-strung distress over this forum. I went to four different pages there the other day (fairly random threads too) and I saw as many posts directly or indirectly mentioning this place in a negative light...funny that this place lives rent free in a lot of peoples' minds over there. Anywho, a lot of the comments were about Mike bashing here.

I'll take any of the rational discussion about Mike here over the fairytale world that goes on over there. I mean you exclude what, two posters here, and the "Mike bashing" is more what you got the past few days: discussions revolving around the history of the band, defining legacy, etc. Does it happen often? Yep, about as often as Mike does something blatantly ridiculous whether it be a tactless interview comment or a single that got primarily dreadful feedback from the fans, or a couple days later dropping a video for said single. I'm just glad we now have a forum where talking freely about band members doesn't elicit an IP address search for an interested party.

Well from my perspective... I realize I'm a fairly new member and expect to get basically zero response from this because I know better. But being a pretty neutral member of both boards, I have to say there is hate and love on both boards. Maybe I've just had too much whisky (which is usually the case when I type words on the internet) but I'm just gonna say it. This is a thread for Mike Love Love. So why does it have to turn into something else? There are plenty of threads that support the opposite view.

I hope this thread does go back to what the thread intended originally. But I think Guitarfool and I just wanted to clear the record about the “Mike Bashing” that goes on here. And Add Some, I totally thought of you when I wrote that Grin Hey, you and OSD have seen more sh*t come from this band than I can imagine. I remember a couple years ago when you tried to give Mike the benefit of the doubt often, I know you legitimately tried for a long while to see the good over the bad...it’s gotta be tough with this band! Anyways, cheers Beer Smiley

To get back to the spirit of this thread:

- his lead on ‘That’s not me’

- I know I mention it often, but I thought his Rock Cellar magazine (I think it was that mag) interview was really well done - gave me a sense of why he works hard as hell and thinks commercially. Makes it a lot easier to understand his actions over the years.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 09:05:17 PM »

It's a fine line between Mike bashing and just saying what you don't like, it looks like. There are many things I don't like. I'm not defending recent events in the Mike Love Universe (I haven't seen or heard DIA17 because why do that to myself? Everyone said it sucks so I have better things to do.) I'm sure I'd hate it, and I don't want to. Hating things is the worst. I just feel like the OP was trying to create a Mike Bashing Free Zone  and it quickly devolved into something else. Maybe in those bolded words he admitted what Mike's shortcomings,  but that's what you do in a thesis. You admit what the arguments against your point might be, but then he went ahead ahead and opened the floor to the pro side. I feel like that's what was trying to be attempted here, and I support it. Maybe I could just go and list my FAVE MIKE THINGS but most of them have already been listed (say what you want about that).  I just am defending the idealistic proposition behind a Mike Love Love Thread, because I'm apparently a hippie at heart, LOL.

I'm not trying to stir the pot. I just feel like there are a number of threads about recent Mike-related events that have leaned toward the yuck, and the point of this thread  was to offset that, and I think that's... well, good.

Just a reminder. Read any website not even related to the Beach Boys in the past week where Mike's new video was posted or linked and note the reader comments. Read Facebook and note the comments to Mike's video. Read anything that shared the DIA song or video this week and note the comments. It's a disaster for Mike. And it's not relevant to trying to list positives about Mike by telling everyone who reads the initial post how this board is full of Mike bashing. News alert: So is 99% of the internet population that has come into contact with Mike's latest offering and offered negative comments about it. So it's hardly worth saying this board has a whole lotta Mike bashing as if the market is cornered by people here deemed to be the bashers. It's irrelevant, unless someone wanted to try taking a few cheap shots at this place. That's not cool.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 09:09:42 PM »

There's nothing good to be said?

That hotel deserves major kudos for offering such clean bedsheets and drapes to their guests.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:10:27 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

Scaroline No
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2017, 09:11:15 PM »

I hope this thread does go back to what the thread intended originally. But I think Guitarfool and I just wanted to clear the record about the “Mike Bashing” that goes on here. And Add Some, I totally thought of you when I wrote that Grin Hey, you and OSD have seen more sh*t come from this band than I can imagine. I remember a couple years ago when you tried to give Mike the benefit of the doubt often, I know you legitimately tried for a long while to see the good over the bad...it’s gotta be tough with this band! Anyways, cheers Beer Smiley

I will say that I didn't actually think there was a ton of Mike bashing going on, just people saying what they didn't like about DIA17. I was just disappointed to see a thread titled "A little love for Mr Love" get the yucks. I appreciate that OSD said he would not be participating, that's cool, I respect that.

In light of rab's post, I will list something that I have yet to see... posted in this thread relevant to it's point:

Mikes eventual recording of vocals that he didn't necessarily get or agree with during Pet Sounds and Smile. Some of the most wonderful vocals on record.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:13:01 PM by SCaroline Z » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2017, 09:15:17 PM »

I was actually going to mention his vocals on Cabinessence - I friggin love how his voice melds perfectly with the sitar-sounding instrument in the tag...someone here knows what the actual instrument is.

Edit: I think there’s a “roll your own” version of Smile where this tag really shines. I’m wondering if it’s JMZ’s mix, maybe it is AlternateBWPS. I gotta dig all my Smile boots out and listen to them soon.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:29:15 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2017, 12:51:02 AM »

The timing for this thread is not good, Nate.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2017, 01:56:08 AM »

It was "All I Wanna Do", sung and co-written by Mike, that made me fall in love with the Boys' music in 2003. 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2017, 05:05:00 AM »

He had a beautiful voice (when he wasn't exaggerating the nasal thing).

Without his bass vocals we wouldn't have the blend we all love so much.
KDS
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2017, 05:53:15 AM »

Nice change of pace, Nate:

1.  Too many great leads to name, especially in the early years.  I Get Around, All Summer Long, When I Grow Up, come to mind.

2.  The lead and lyrics to perhaps the most iconic BB song - California Girls.

3.  Heck, I even like Beaches in Mind. 

Ya know I used to abhore ‘Beaches in Mind’ but relistening lately I’ve found I really like it. The harmonies are pretty cool and it is catchy, even if it’s kinda cliche.

I know just about any fun in the sun songs post Pet Sounds are usually frowned upon, but I'm a big fan of summertime fun music.  That's kinda what drew me to The Beach Boys in the first place. 

KDS
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 05:56:35 AM »

Pet Sounds is Brian's baby as we know, but Mike's vocals on WIBN, That's Not Me, SJB, and Here Today are some of the best of his career, and one of the reasons that I love listening to the album so much. 
KDS
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2017, 06:10:28 AM »

GF, I think you raise a good point about the OP. 

However, the thread didn't make it past one page before the bashing started.  So, the OP's point was kinda proven. 

Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 08:13:48 AM »

Love his bass vocal on You're Still A Mystery.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 08:22:34 AM »

I loved when Mike stepped back and became a relatively less integral part of the band in the early 70s. That was great. Mike is always best utilized when he contributes a bit, but is largely used as a vocal instrument in the manner of choosing of the Wilsons, and is largely politically neutered from a power position. It's a lovely thing indeed when that happens. That's something to love about Mike, right? Or at least a scenario in their actual history where I love his contributions and am mostly not put off by his actions.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:25:05 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx