gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680797 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 08:01:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How would history remember The Beach Boys if  (Read 1704 times)
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:14:46 PM »

Brian had quit/had his big breakdown after Summer Days and Pet Sounds-GV-Smile had never even existed?
KDS
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:33:29 PM »

Brian had quit/had his big breakdown after Summer Days and Pet Sounds-GV-Smile had never even existed?

I think they wouldve broken up.  they'd likely be remembered as a great "oldies" act. 

Had Brian quit at that time, he might have attained Syd Barrett type status.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 08:38:38 PM »

They'd be in with The Mamas and Papas, Grass Roots, Turtles, Association, Rascals, and The Union Gap,...but not anywhere near as cool as The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, the Doors or CCR.  Certainly, though, better than the Cowsills, Jay and the Americans, the Vogues and Jan and Dean.

They'd be 1/2 of what they are...and 1/4 of what they could have and should have been...if it weren't for mental illness combined with 2 entirely stupid idiots [in particular] impacting negatively on the creative growth patterns and on the heights never really achieved with anything approaching a true level of consistency.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:46:07 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Jcc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 01:23:39 PM »

The better question is how the Beach Boys would be remembered if BW had finished SMiLE in early 1967, the Beach Boys had played Monterey, and then BW had his breakdown in the Fall in the midst of the Wild Honey sessions.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »

myKe luHv had been fired in 1966.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 07:18:55 PM »

Lovester has always been the anchor pulling the group down.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »

Lovester has always been the anchor pulling the group down.

Maybe not...way back when.  Quite the opposite really.  But THESE days?  He's an engine block laying on the floor of the ocean...the one the poor old beached boys are attached to with a metal chain.  You know...the one ocean...which IF everybody had one...would see the whole world Surfin' U.S.A.  [except, OF COURSE, Muslims...thank you D. Trump Senior...you arse]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:27:30 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx