gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:52:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love Do It Again 2017 Promo FIlm  (Read 62883 times)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2017, 03:03:37 AM »

"And yes, by all means, nothing anyone does should be above criticism. I personally find some PS songs to be a bit of a slog. Different strokes!"

Sacrilege!! Ban worthy.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2017, 05:20:50 AM »

So here's some sh*t to stir: I received an email from Wolf Trap yesterday promoting Mike & Bruce's upcoming concert, obviously a "The Beach Boys" concert, and just below the information for the show there was a video. One horrible, horrible little video...they're using this bile to advertise "The Beach Boys" concerts. That cannot be acceptable.

And it isn't.  Could it be that 'things' are coming to a head?  Could be.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
KDS
« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2017, 05:34:49 AM »

So here's some sh*t to stir: I received an email from Wolf Trap yesterday promoting Mike & Bruce's upcoming concert, obviously a "The Beach Boys" concert, and just below the information for the show there was a video. One horrible, horrible little video...they're using this bile to advertise "The Beach Boys" concerts. That cannot be acceptable.

I wonder if thats the venue. Two years ago, I emailed Wolf Trap because they used a video for Thats Why God Made the Radio with Brian and Al (David was actually at the 2015 show) to promote their 8/23/15 concert.   I got no reply.   
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2017, 09:13:38 AM »

Here we go again with the wackiness of Mike using the BBs touring brand to promote his solo projects...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2017, 09:17:40 AM »

Here we go again with the wackiness of Mike using the BBs touring brand to promote his solo projects...

Venue or not, someone has a really skewed perception of what will draw people to a concert.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 29, 2017, 09:19:36 AM »

Venue or not, someone has a really skewed perception of what will draw people to a concert.
Fillaplage in a crowd of "one" Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 29, 2017, 10:02:08 AM »

I wonder if thats the venue. Two years ago, I emailed Wolf Trap because they used a video for Thats Why God Made the Radio with Brian and Al (David was actually at the 2015 show) to promote their 8/23/15 concert.   I got no reply.   

Could very well be. I haven't been to Wolf Trap in three years since their lack of organization cost me the opening number of Ringo's all-starr concert in 2014.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 29, 2017, 10:20:05 AM »

Ahem.

SMiLE Brian, the saying “a crowd of one” is a humorous play on the concept of a “crowd” typically comprising many people, which of course, a single “person” cannot be!  Wink The meaning of the saying is that the person is, in fact, not a crowd in the traditional sense of the word!

Mike Love was a founding member of the Beach Boys, and Brian Wilson’s cousin. Many here do not like his remake of the Beach Boys’ 1968 single “Do It Again,” which was also rerecorded and rereleased during the “C50” reunion. It served then to show “We’re Together Again”!  Smiley His recent rerecording with John Stamos and Mark McGrath was a fun and lighthearted version meant in this same spirit. As with the popular show “Full House,” this single brings back warm memories of “Fun, Fun, Fun.”

You may dislike the recording and video. We can disagree without being disagreeable.  Wink But there is no reason to sink to the level of personal insults and venom (a la the Clintons, the DNC email scandal, Donna Brazile, and the Soros-funded conspiracy). That Mike Love used a white bedsheet as a backdrop while performing the video with his friends, musicians and fans such as John Stamos and Mark McGrath, is not relevant here. What is relevant is that people are opening their eyes and seeing what has been “going on behind the curtain”…

Perhaps McGrath is not as “marketable” as he once was. This does not diminish his talent and he is a fan of the Beach Boys, as are we all, as proven by his previous remake of “Getcha Back.” Stamos may not be popular among the “so-called elites” or “Brianistas” who frequent this message board, and perhaps these people find him “out-of-synch” with what is “going on” in popular music. He may not be “cool.” But I think he is “listening to his own drummer”!  Wink

This is not personal. “Do It Again” reached number 20 on the Billboard Music “charts”. This is not opinion. This is a fact which anyone can “research” on his own.

https://n.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_It_Again_(The_Beach_Boys_song

You need to remember that in 1968, many artists including Bob Dylan and the Beatles were shedding their “psychedelic” tropes and going “back to basics.” The Beach Boys were no different. We waited eagerly to hear the new releases coming out of our car speakers for some “Hot Fun in the Summertime”!  Smiley

If a promotional company advertises a concert, that entity may operate outside the artist’s control, or without their consent. “Consent” is often a legal term, with very specific meaning of which the liberal universities are making a mockery with “affirmative consent” policies. Americans are sick and tired of this nonsense and their voices were heard in 2016, etc. This is little more than a front for thought and speech control.

The Beach Boys have performed at “Independence Day” concerts in Washington DC for many years. This is not political or personal. Their message is one of positivity (with Mike Love providing the “love”  LOL LOL Wink ), not negativity such as you show in this post. Brian Wilson brought melancholy to the sound. You can hear the band say as much in many “documentaries.” The new version of “Do It Again” simply promotes “Good Vibrations.” We need them!  Wink

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 29, 2017, 10:28:36 AM »

Captain, that is probably my favorite post all year LOL “thank you” for making my day. Cheers Beer

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 29, 2017, 10:31:31 AM »

Cap, can I "overnight" you a beer through the "postal" system?  LOL

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 29, 2017, 10:50:34 AM »

Ahem.

SMiLE Brian, the saying “a crowd of one” is a humorous play on the concept of a “crowd” typically comprising many people, which of course, a single “person” cannot be!  Wink The meaning of the saying is that the person is, in fact, not a crowd in the traditional sense of the word!

Mike Love was a founding member of the Beach Boys, and Brian Wilson’s cousin. Many here do not like his remake of the Beach Boys’ 1968 single “Do It Again,” which was also rerecorded and rereleased during the “C50” reunion. It served then to show “We’re Together Again”!  Smiley His recent rerecording with John Stamos and Mark McGrath was a fun and lighthearted version meant in this same spirit. As with the popular show “Full House,” this single brings back warm memories of “Fun, Fun, Fun.”

You may dislike the recording and video. We can disagree without being disagreeable.  Wink But there is no reason to sink to the level of personal insults and venom (a la the Clintons, the DNC email scandal, Donna Brazile, and the Soros-funded conspiracy). That Mike Love used a white bedsheet as a backdrop while performing the video with his friends, musicians and fans such as John Stamos and Mark McGrath, is not relevant here. What is relevant is that people are opening their eyes and seeing what has been “going on behind the curtain”…

Perhaps McGrath is not as “marketable” as he once was. This does not diminish his talent and he is a fan of the Beach Boys, as are we all, as proven by his previous remake of “Getcha Back.” Stamos may not be popular among the “so-called elites” or “Brianistas” who frequent this message board, and perhaps these people find him “out-of-synch” with what is “going on” in popular music. He may not be “cool.” But I think he is “listening to his own drummer”!  Wink

This is not personal. “Do It Again” reached number 20 on the Billboard Music “charts”. This is not opinion. This is a fact which anyone can “research” on his own.

You need to remember that in 1968, many artists including Bob Dylan and the Beatles were shedding their “psychedelic” tropes and going “back to basics.” The Beach Boys were no different. We waited eagerly to hear the new releases coming out of our car speakers for some “Hot Fun in the Summertime”!  Smiley

If a promotional company advertises a concert, that entity may operate outside the artist’s control, or without their consent. “Consent” is often a legal term, with very specific meaning of which the liberal universities are making a mockery with “affirmative consent” policies. Americans are sick and tired of this nonsense and their voices were heard in 2016, etc. This is little more than a front for thought and speech control.

The Beach Boys have performed at “Independence Day” concerts in Washington DC for many years. This is not political or personal. Their message is one of positivity (with Mike Love providing the “love”  LOL LOL Wink ), not negativity such as you show in this post. Brian Wilson brought melancholy to the sound. You can hear the band say as much in many “documentaries.” The new version of “Do It Again” simply promotes “Good Vibrations.” We need them!  Wink

LOL

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2017, 11:22:17 AM »

Ugh...I could've gone the rest of my life without having to see Palin's face (or hear her voice, or read her views, ect) and it still would've been too soon.

Perhaps McGrath is not as “marketable” as he once was. This does not diminish his talent and he is a fan of the Beach Boys, as are we all, as proven by his previous remake of “Getcha Back.” Stamos may not be popular among the “so-called elites” or “Brianistas” who frequent this message board, and perhaps these people find him “out-of-synch” with what is “going on” in popular music. He may not be “cool.” But I think he is “listening to his own drummer”!

I actually like Mark McGrath, and he seems like a cool guy. I would've had no issue with him being on this remake. My issue (besides the fact it's a remake 5 years after it was remade by the band, and seems to have lifted parts of that version too...hmmm...) is the godawful production , and the fact it could be ANYBODY singing it thanks to the hideous processing to the point where nobody sounds human. When my daughter said it sounded like Siri singing, I don't think she was entirely joking. I mean, I was thinking Alexa, but hey...

Stamos? Yeah, I could go on a whole other tangent on that one, but I'd rather record some music first.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2017, 11:39:24 AM »

Capt. Man overboard....Here is me and there is you.  I know way too much about the Love master to  enjoy your thread.  Have some honey with the Bear.  And, smile at your letter carrier.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »

Ahem.

You left out one thing.

"It's all good.  Wink "

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
KDS
« Reply #339 on: July 29, 2017, 09:26:01 PM »

Could very well be. I haven't been to Wolf Trap in three years since their lack of organization cost me the opening number of Ringo's all-starr concert in 2014.

It took me about 90 minutes to leave the parking lot after seeing The Beach Boys in 2015.  For a relatively small venue, thats ridiculous.  It would take a lot to convince me to go back. 
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx