gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:01:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love Do It Again 2017 Promo FIlm  (Read 62316 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2017, 10:58:47 PM »

Is Mike sucking his gut in "bigly" (as a notorious dipshit would say) or is he wearing some kind of girdle? Seriously.

Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2017, 11:08:04 PM »

Wondering if it would have been better or worse to have released the same exact song as a "Do It Again" cover by Mark McGrath featuring Mike Love and a cameo by John Stamos.  Evil

That's a good point. I think it's possible they could have had a bigger hit if they just flipped the marketing like that a bit, with Mike's name taking a back seat.

That, and if they also added a backing band of few more cameos in the vein of Uncle Jesse - Uncle Joey, The Woodchuck, Comet The Dog, Kimmie Gibler, and the other Tanner family (The Tanners from ALF), ALF himself... and don't forget Mrs. Ochmonek.

That's really the only thing the song's missing. It could be released as Do It Again and Again and Again and Again.

I have laughed at this for a solid 30 minutes. Good old Mrs Ochmonek
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2017, 11:33:06 PM »

Wondering if it would have been better or worse to have released the same exact song as a "Do It Again" cover by Mark McGrath featuring Mike Love and a cameo by John Stamos.  Evil

That's a good point. I think it's possible they could have had a bigger hit if they just flipped the marketing like that a bit, with Mike's name taking a back seat.

That, and if they also added a backing band of few more cameos in the vein of Uncle Jesse - Uncle Joey, The Woodchuck, Comet The Dog, Kimmie Gibler, and the other Tanner family (The Tanners from ALF), ALF himself... and don't forget Mrs. Ochmonek.

That's really the only thing the song's missing. It could be released as Do It Again and Again and Again and Again.

I have laughed at this for a solid 30 minutes. Good old Mrs Ochmonek

Side note: Mrs. Ochmonek (Liz Sheriden) used to do the mattress mambo with James Dean; true story, look it up! Which all ties back to The BBs via A Young Man is Gone.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2017, 11:35:50 PM »

Is Mike sucking his gut in "bigly" (as a notorious dipshit would say) or is he wearing some kind of girdle? Seriously.

It's actually not a bad-looking shirt that Mike is wearing, just probably overly ambitious in terms of being a size or two too small.  Almost surprised he doesn't go the hipster skinny jeans route now.

I wonder how that white hotel room sheet used as a backdrop in the music video would look under a blacklight...
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2017, 11:40:17 PM »

They actually issued Alf singles and an album in Germany!

Amazing!  LOL Ha!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2017, 11:54:24 PM »

What the everlasting f***?! LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2017, 02:50:42 AM »

I liked it. The guys were having fun, it was an energetic performance and hey, the song is pretty darn good. 8/10. More fun than the 2012 BB's remake.

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2017, 03:13:06 AM »

they make that 'TLM' look bad  Undecided
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2017, 09:09:04 AM »

It's actually not a bad-looking shirt that Mike is wearing, just probably overly ambitious in terms of being a size or two too small.  Almost surprised he doesn't go the hipster skinny jeans route now.

I wonder how that white hotel room sheet used as a backdrop in the music video would look under a blacklight...

I'd say Mike is one big "Wheeeeeen" from losing a minimum of 3 buttons on that shirt
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2017, 04:43:38 PM »

Didn’t see this until the other day, but ESQ did an interview with Stamos. Much to my chagrin they play ‘Do It Again’ 2017 at the start of the episode, and then Stamos answers some questions about it. Also ‘Kokomo’ is played as well, that is as far as I got into the interview before turning it off.

Stamos talks about how Jackie wanted a video done for the song and Stamos directed the the whole thing. Even talks about getting as many lights as they could find for the hotel shoot, and yes, confirmed that is a bedsheet used as a backdrop.

https://m.mixcloud.com/Good_Vibes50/good-vibrations-episode-16-john-stamos-discusses-do-it-again-kokomo-and-forever/

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2017, 06:06:31 PM »

Donald Trump dose not say "Bigly" He is actually saying "Big league" if you actually pay attention and listen to what he is saying!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »

Donald Trump dose not say "Bigly" He is actually saying "Big league" if you actually pay attention and listen to what he is saying!

Really, he dose?  

I'm gonna drink a Dos Equis and take a dose of acid while I ponder that thought...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:44:28 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 26, 2017, 07:25:01 PM »

Didn’t see this until the other day, but ESQ did an interview with Stamos. Much to my chagrin they play ‘Do It Again’ 2017 at the start of the episode, and then Stamos answers some questions about it. Also ‘Kokomo’ is played as well, that is as far as I got into the interview before turning it off.

Stamos talks about how Jackie wanted a video done for the song and Stamos directed the the whole thing. Even talks about getting as many lights as they could find for the hotel shoot, and yes, confirmed that is a bedsheet used as a backdrop.

https://m.mixcloud.com/Good_Vibes50/good-vibrations-episode-16-john-stamos-discusses-do-it-again-kokomo-and-forever/

Just think of how many people from this day forward are gonna sleep on and stain that hotel bedsheet, and have no idea of its greatness.

LA Blacklight Album
White Sheet Christmas
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:47:25 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2017, 07:29:09 PM »

If only Bgas was still here to collect it..... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure he has said both actually. And regardless, I'm so tired of all the winning he's been doing. So much winning.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2017, 07:32:57 PM »

SAD

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2017, 07:36:25 PM »

SAD

Yes, SMiLE Brian, SAD! Maybe The_Beach wants Donald to grab them by their....wherever.

Since he's famous they just let him do it.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2017, 07:48:38 PM »

Get them out of here! Evil

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2017, 08:20:56 PM »

Just think of how many people from this day forward are gonna sleep on and stain that hotel bedsheet, and have no idea of its greatness.

LA Blacklight Album
White Sheet Christmas

LOL

I’ll have to listen to the whole podcast tomorrow or something. But I wonder if there are any other Easter eggs about 5hus video that Stamos talks about

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2017, 08:57:27 PM »

Can folks imagine how the Kokomaoists would react if Brian said this?

In fact, Love says he prefers the idea of re-recording the group's old favorites now. "Recreating a Beach Boys classic like 'Do It Again' is something I really enjoyed doing," he explains, "so I'm hoping there's more of that to come."

I've only read up to here so far, so I don't know if this topic was addressed later in the thread. I assume not, based on the tenor of this forum lately.

I would like to say that this post is complete trash. I am an absolute Brian Wilson fanboy. But the tone on this forum has swung so far to one side that it seems like a parody.

Given that Brian has had several Beach Boys covers on his solo albums, I don't think anyone in their right mind can take umbrage with Mike's statement above.

Since I've already made an ass of myself, let me add that I feel this attitude is rooted in the reaction to No Pier Pressure, which has somehow become the Fountainhead of the over-exaltation of my main man.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »

In fact, Love says he prefers the idea of re-recording the group's old favorites now. "Recreating a Beach Boys classic like 'Do It Again' is something I really enjoyed doing," he explains, "so I'm hoping there's more of that to come."

I've only read up to here so far, so I don't know if this topic was addressed later in the thread. I assume not, based on the tenor of this forum lately.

I would like to say that this post is complete trash. I am an absolute Brian Wilson fanboy. But the tone on this forum has swung so far to one side that it seems like a parody.

Given that Brian has had several Beach Boys covers on his solo albums, I don't think anyone in their right mind can take umbrage with Mike's statement above.

Since I've already made an ass of myself, let me add that I feel this attitude is rooted in the reaction to No Pier Pressure, which has somehow become the Fountainhead of the over-exaltation of my main man.

Alright, dig this orange22...

I kinda agree with you on the basic tenor of this forum. There is some overkill going on referring poorly to Mike. And a lot of it comes from one certain poster on this board. And I'm not speaking of CenturyDeprived, HeyJude, Wirestone or most others.

However, I do not agree that this really has to do with No Pier Pressure. I just think it has to do with some people seeing a "conspiracy" in anything that doesn't portray Brian perfectly. Now on the other hand, I think there were human pieces of excrement on this board who were intent on slamming Brian just for kicks (and yes that means No Pier Pressure as well) like Mike's Beard (who gets off on mocking women for their looks and a few other disgusting things), the heinous Sheriff John Stone (who seems to get off on insulting Brian and his physical and mental well being, not to mention thinking Brian is incapable of well, anything) and the despicable racist Jason (The Real Beach Boy).

Now about the covers, once again, nobody said Brian hasn't re-done some Beach Boys tunes. I personally have no problem with him or Mike doing that. Shoot, Paul McCartney did released new versions of Beatles tunes on his album Give My Regards to Broad Street along with an additional re-recording of "The Long and Winding Road" on his single for "Figure of Eight" so it's not like this stuff is unheard of. Dylan released a rerecording of "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall" a few years ago (2008 I think?) and shoot, he even re-recorded "Chimes of Freedom" with Joan Osbourne (!?!) around 1998. So yeah.

The difference I would say is that while Brian and Paul and Dylan have done this stuff, it's not all that they do. Out of Mike Love's last 5 album projects that garnered release of some kind, we have:

• Stars & Stripes Volume 1
  • Mike Love, Bruce Johnston and David Marks of the Beach Boys Salute NASCAR
  • Summertime Cruisin'
  • That's Why God Made The Radio
  • "Forthcoming" new re-recordings album

Ergo, if we include Mike's supposed new album project (which I doubt will see release, since he's so fearful of failure he won't put an album out) that would be four out his last five projects that were based on old material. So while Bob, Brian and Paul put out new stuff (sure, at a much slower clip than the old days), Mike either does nothing at all recording wise, or when he does show up he puts out re-recorded old stuff.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:28:42 AM by sweetdudejim » Logged
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2017, 09:04:32 AM »

Even on the grand Looking Back With Love I believe he only wrote 2 of the turds on there. Everything Mikey puts out on his own makes me think the copyright lawsuit against Brian was a complete pile of crap.
KDS
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »

I kinda agree with you on the basic tenor of this forum. There is some overkill going on referring poorly to Mike. And a lot of it comes from one certain poster on this board. And I'm not speaking of CenturyDeprived, HeyJude, Wirestone or most others.

However, I do not agree that this really has to do with No Pier Pressure. I just think it has to do with some people seeing a "conspiracy" in anything that doesn't portray Brian perfectly. Now on the other hand, I think there were human pieces of excrement on this board who were intent on slamming Brian just for kicks (and yes that means No Pier Pressure as well) like Mike's Beard (who gets off on mocking women for their looks and a few other disgusting things), the heinous Sheriff John Stone (who seems to get off on insulting Brian and his physical and mental well being, not to mention thinking Brian is incapable of well, anything) and the despicable racist Jason (The Real Beach Boy).

Now about the covers, once again, nobody said Brian has re-done some Beach Boys tunes. I personally have no problem with him or Mike doing that. Shoot, Paul McCartney did released new versions of Beatles tunes on his album Give My Regards to Broad Street along with an additional re-recording of "The Long and Winding Road" on his single for "Figure of Eight" so it's not like this stuff is unheard of. Dylan released a rerecording of "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall" a few years ago (2008 I think?) and shoot, he even re-recorded "Chimes of Freedom" with Joan Osbourne (!?!) around 1998. So yeah.

The difference I would say is that while Brian and Paul and Dylan have done this stuff, it's not all that they do. Out of Mike Love's last 5 album projects that garnered release of some kind, we have:

• Summertime Cruisin'

Ergo, if we include Mike's supposed new album project (which I doubt will see release, since he's so fearful of failure he won't put an album out) that would be four out his last five projects that were based on old material. So while Bob, Brian and Paul put out new stuff (sure, at a much slower clip than the old days), Mike either does nothing when he does show up, he puts out re-recorded old stuff.

I think NPP was a bit of a tipping point here.  I did see a lot of posts in 2015 where people who expressed disappointment with Brian's album were accused of attacking Brian personally, which is silly to me. 
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2017, 11:30:00 AM »

Now about the covers, once again, nobody said Brian has re-done some Beach Boys tunes. I personally have no problem with him or Mike doing that. Shoot, Paul McCartney did released new versions of Beatles tunes on his album Give My Regards to Broad Street along with an additional re-recording of "The Long and Winding Road" on his single for "Figure of Eight" so it's not like this stuff is unheard of. Dylan released a rerecording of "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall" a few years ago (2008 I think?) and shoot, he even re-recorded "Chimes of Freedom" with Joan Osbourne (!?!) around 1998. So yeah.

• Summertime Cruisin'

Ergo, if we include Mike's supposed new album project (which I doubt will see release, since he's so fearful of failure he won't put an album out) that would be four out his last five projects that were based on old material. So while Bob, Brian and Paul put out new stuff (sure, at a much slower clip than the old days), Mike either does nothing when he does show up, he puts out re-recorded old stuff.

I think NPP was a bit of a tipping point here.  I did see a lot of posts in 2015 where people who expressed disappointment with Brian's album were accused of attacking Brian personally, which is silly to me. 

I concur. I quite enjoyed the "drunken" song-by-song review that was posted on here, even if it pulled no punches; it was hilarious and quite honestly made some (though not all) points that I agreed with, and I don't think it should be been censored.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2017, 11:32:41 AM »

Imagine you work on a painting for two years of your life. You take the time to pick out the perfect colors, you choose your brushes carefully, you spend a while shopping around for different textured canvases. You base your painting off new ideas and ideas from decades ago (basically, you’re fully utilizing the vast ocean of your creativity). After two years of hard work, trying to make every brush stroke perfect, you finally release it to the world.  

Then some of your supposed “fans” say your work is a “steaming pile of dogshit”, or that “it’s a stupid fucking painting”, I can go back and find more examples of these childish critiques of Brian’s album/songs if you want. There are plenty. Just saying that yeah, it’s disrespectful personally to an artist of Brian’s caliber comparing their work to canine feces or using the album as a satirical playground to get some laughs.

For an album 2 years in the making, you wouldn’t say “it’s a stupid fucking pop song” or “this album is dogshit” to Brian’s face...because it’s disrespectful and you know it would hurt the guys feelings. This was my point when we painstakingly debated about this last time.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:36:29 AM by rab2591 » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx