gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:14:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summer of Love - 'Til I Die  (Read 10036 times)
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2017, 12:38:16 PM »

Put yourself into the mind of a young teenage boy. A few years ago, a song by a band that your mother fondly remembers is dominating the radio. A groovy little exotic song about beaches, the tropics and steel drum bands. Kokomo. You love It.
"The feel good hit of the Summer" announces the disk jockey before the drums start to pound. For a few weeks, you're Beach Boys crazy. Digging through your parents old record collection you find stacks of tracks of albums. Dozens of old dusty vinyl. There are 5 men. Three of them brothers. A friend. And a cousin. You throw on one of the random albums from the pile, the five men standing around a classic slick looking car, on the family turntable and listen. A guitar riff bursts out of the speakers and for the next 25 minutes, the sounds of pure 60s Rock N Roll bounce around the room. There are some slacks on the record. A song at the end is just a drum solo. But you don't care. You are moved by a beautiful track telling you "Don't Worry, Baby". More records follow. You sit in the living room, the glow of the fireplace complimenting the ambience as the reverb soaked twangs of a song you can't quite remember the name of. The record cover sticks out. The five men again, feeding goats? Pet Sounds. It's the most magnificent album you've ever heard. From the carnival organ intro to screech of the train, tears fill your eyes. You've never appreciated music like this. You become hooked. Every record has something to offer. Even the lesser ones of the mid 70s still have the power to captivate you. Then by sheer coincidence one day, you and your family are huddled around the TV watching a sitcom. Full House. Then the mullet wearing John Stamos mutters something: "Beach Boys"
Your eyes widen. They're here. The Boys enter the Tanner household, all dressed in jackets. One of them is missing though. The brother who played drums. It doesn't pass your mind however. Your eyes draw to a man in a cap.
"Mike Love"
They sing Kokomo later. Your favorite song.
The years pass and eventually you become more up to date with modern music. Then while watching more Full House, you see a poster in the background.
'The Beach Boys: Summer In Paradise'

Your eyes widen
A New beach boys record??
You have to find it.
Days pass and eventually your local record store is beginning to sell copies. You wait outside all night and when the doors open, buy the record. The first one there. Bringing the album home with its fancy Digipak packaging, wrapped in a bag, like gold, you place the CD into the stereo and hit play.

5 minutes pass

Something isn't right. The record sounds... so... lackluster. The first song was mediocre but you think hey maybe it's just that one. Then comes the next track: Surfin'. You recognize this one. An early one. But now it's been coated in synths and drums. You push the rage back. Maybe the rest will be okay.
The song ends and there is a brief moment of silence.
You had the chance to escape. To grab the CD and never look back. But you didn't. The drums explode through the stereo and a thick record scratch echoes out.

Then comes the singing.
It's Mr Love. The man you looked up to. You cherished. The man who made Kokomo, the greatest record Ever made.
He's rapping. A sickening beat about girls on the beach. By the time the track ends, you are openly weeping. You grab the CD case and check the back. Around 99% of the songs hold the name of Mr Love as a writing credit.
How could the Love man do this? The Beach Boys, in your eyes, are dead. The CD jams and begins to skip.
"It's a love thing" clicks in and out on infinite repeat. You run from the room, the mocking song echoing behind you.
Your father's gun is the only option. You cram the ammo into the chamber and run downstairs, unloading the bullets onto the CD player. It doesn't work. Nothing can stop this song. You know what to do. With the last few bullets, you aim the chamber at your head and then you pull the trigger. As the life fades from your eyes, Mike Love looms over you. Tears stream down your cheeks as you reach out to him. It hits you then. This song is a masterpiece. The greatest record ever made. And as you draw your last breath, Mike speaks
"Hey Now, well it's a love thing"
Your eyes close as the life drains from your body.
it is done
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:58:05 PM by HeroesandVillains » Logged
KDS
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:55:16 PM »

Summer of Love might be the worst song in the entire history of the group.  The remake of Surfin is up there too from the same album. 

Call me close minded, but I'm not really a fan of when rock bands venture into dance music, which is why I dislike HCTN '79 and Runaway Dancer so much. 

But even though Summer of Love is a disaster, I think there are some good things on the SIP album. 

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:55:21 PM »

Put yourself into the mind of a young teenage boy. A few years ago, a song by a band that your mother fondly remembers is dominating the radio. A groovy little exotic song about beaches, the tropics and steel drum bands. Kokomo. You love It.
"The feel good hit of the Summer" announces the disk jockey before the drums start to pound. For a few weeks, you're Beach Boys crazy. Digging through your parents old record collection you find stacks of tracks of albums. Dozens of old dusty vinyl. There are 5 men. Three of them brothers. A friend. And a cousin. You throw on one of the random albums from the pile, the five men standing around a classic slick looking car, on the family turntable and listen. A guitar riff bursts out of the speakers and for the next 25 minutes, the sounds of pure 60s Rock N Roll bounce around the room. There are some slacks on the record. A song at the end is just a drum solo. But you don't care. You are moved by a beautiful track telling you "Don't Worry, Baby". More records follow. You sit in the living room, the glow of the fireplace complimenting the ambience as the reverb soaked twangs of a song you can't quite remember the name of. The record cover sticks out. The five men again, feeding goats? Pet Sounds. It's the most magnificent album you've ever heard. From the carnival organ intro to screech of the train, tears fill your eyes. You've never appreciated music like this. You become hooked. Every record has something to offer. Even the lesser ones of the mid 70s still have the power to captivate you. Then by sheer coincidence one day, you and your family are huddled around the TV watching a sitcom. Full House. Then the mullet wearing John Stamos mutters something: "Beach Boys"
Your eyes widen. They're here. The Boys enter the Tanner household, all dressed in jackets. One of them is missing though. The brother who played drums. It doesn't pass your mind however. Your eyes draw to a man in a cap.
"Mike Love"
They sing Kokomo later. Your favorite song.
The years pass and eventually you become more up to date with modern music. Then while watching more Full House, you see a poster in the background.
'The Beach Boys: Summer In Paradise'

Your eyes widen
A New beach boys record??
You have to find it.
Days pass and eventually your local record store is beginning to sell copies. You wait outside all night and when the doors open, buy the record. The first one there. Bringing the album home with its fancy Digipak packaging, wrapped in a bag, like gold, you place the CD into the stereo and hit play.

5 minutes pass

Something isn't right. The record sounds... so... lackluster. The first song was mediocre but you think hey maybe it's just that one. Then comes the next track: Surfin'. You recognize this one. An early one. But now it's been coated in synths and drums. You push the rage back. Maybe the rest will be okay.
The song ends and there is a brief moment of silence.
You had the chance to escape. To grab the CD and never look back. But you didn't. The drums explode through the stereo and a thick record scratch echoes out.

Then comes the singing.
It's Mr Love. The man you looked up to. You cherished. The man who made Kokomo, the greatest record Ever made.
He's rapping. A sickening beat about girls on the beach. By the time the track ends, you are openly weeping. You grab the CD case and check the back. Around 99% of the songs hold the name of Mr Love as a writing credit.
How could the Love man do this? The Beach Boys, in your eyes, are dead. The CD jams and begins to skip.
"It's a love thing" clicks in and out on infinite repeat. You run from the room, the mocking song echoing behind you.
Your father's gun is the only option. You cram the ammo into the chamber and run downstairs, unloading the bullets onto the CD player. It doesn't work. Nothing can stop this song. You know what to do. With the last few bullets, you aim the chamber at your head and then you pull the trigger. As the life fades from your eyes, Mike Love looms over you. Tears stream down your cheeks as you reach out to him. It hits you then. This song is a masterpiece. The greatest record ever made. And as you draw your last breath, Mike speaks
"Hey Now, well it's a love thing"
Your eyes close as the life drains from your body.
it is done

LOL

All SOL needed was the original concept of a Bart Simpson duet to make it really great. That's literally all it was missing to achieve greatness. Just that one thing, and only that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:55:53 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 12:57:30 PM »

Honestly though, it's a travesty of a song but I enjoy it ironically
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 01:09:02 PM »

Kinda makes me almost glad that these days Mike just sonically destroys our ears with covers of old songs instead of recording originals.

LOL love that the album is demonic enough to keep playing after the stereo is shot Grin

Hypehat's review of SIP is legendary:

Ok, so I have a half a bottle of wine in me and another to go after a steady day of drinking, and listening to Summer In Paradise seems like a fantastic idea right now. It's been so hard to live without it, so lets talk about it.

1) Hot Fun In The Summertime

DEAR JESUS THE SNARE. We will have to get used to this.
Also, "Whisperin'" Mike Love. I like to picture putting HOURS into these leads.
Carl telling me we can "Bum bum bum" is kinda flattering imo.
SAX SOLO. Those breaks make me flinch.
This thing is mixed so fucking terribly Carl's high notes vanish from the mix.
also, WHAT THE HELL IS CARL DOING. I guess given Beckley/Lamm/Wilson, it's safe to say that absolutely every vestige of Carl's taste had disappeared by this point. He might have even thought this was A GOOD IDEA.

2. Surfin'

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
f*** me, the vocals on this are absolutely terrrrrrrrrrible. NASAL DOMINATION. Carl being SHITE. Like, even his smack-addled late 70's performances have merit. This sucks.
Not to mention ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS.
new lyrics. NEW LYRICS
MORE OF THEM.
I'm in pain. There are ten more songs. WHY.

3. SUMMER OF LOVE.

Mike Love, I will come round your house and make my fist meditate up your arse for this.
CHRIST ON A BICYCLE THE DJ SCRATCHES.
My Grandma has better flow than MC "Whisperin" Love.
attached and back don't rhyme, you bald apple juice chuggin goon.

4. Island Fever

These verse appear to be words in the english language. But they make no sense.
The Beach Boys' hymn to sexually transmitted diseases?
"My baby caught it and I'm not quite sure how/she might have got it from her travel brochure?" - Denny lives?
My baby can't dance or sleep because IT BURNS.
KEYCHANGE
f*** synthesisers, btw.

5. Still Surfin'

What the hell is this.
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS.
The fact I've spent a lot of time editing other things during this song speaks volumes.
What the hell makes ANYONE think it's ok to drop mexican terms for women in verses. Mamacita and the like. f*** YOU, MIKE.

6. Slow Summer Dancin' (Unneccesary parentheses)

IN BOTH CORNERS, BRUCE JOHNSTON
DETAILING HOW HE'S GONNA MAKE SWEET, SWEET, SWEET LOVE TO GROUPIES.
Misheard "I'll treat my angel really nice" as "I'll treat my ANUS.....REALLY NICE!"
Al "The Songwriter" Jardine keeping up his fine, fine, tradition of contributing entirely original melodic and lyrical ideas to songs. HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT
That sax break. NO.

7. Strange Things Happen.

Ok, this is the worst thing so far.

It's something to do with the combination of SLAMMIN' MIKE LOVE JAMS and Al "Well, that never happened before!" Jardine learning about sex in 1991.

OH MY GOD. This is so so so s oo soooooo awful. I am crying with laughter.

8. Remember (Walking In The Sand)

Carl, I do love you, but when Mary Weiss dies she's going to find you in heaven and BEAT SEVEN SHADES OF CRAP OUT OF YOU FOR THIS.

"Echoing" Mike Love is also particularly ridiculous.

THE SAX SOLOS. AHSHGSHDGFXBGDGXFNJDMKYI6

GUYS I'M LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE. I HATE THIS ALBUM.

9. Lahina Aloha

Tropical beats
meaningless title
SOOOOOLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
palm trees
paradise
"Whisperin" Love

the f*** is this DRIVEL. I FEEL LIKE I'M BEING VIOLATED WITH OFFENSIVE ITEMS CARVED OUT OF JELLY OR SOMETHING. OFFENSIVE SMOOTHNESS. It's some terrible oxymoron i wouldn't believe possible if it wasn't fucking me in my ears.
THE HELL.

THREE MORE TRACKS LEFT, YOU CAN DO IT.

10. Under The Boardwalk

MIke Love, you get the f*** away from my girl.
Carl, I'm sorry, but The Drifters are also going to beat the hell out of you up there too. Possibly Carole King as well. At least they'll be tired after beating mike love to shreds. And you, Al.
ANOTHER SAXOPHONE SOLO. mo'fos.

As an aside, guys, this is one of the most awful albums in terms of production, mixing and mastering I've ever heard. IT IS THIN AS HELL.

11. SUMMER IN PARADISE.

dig that jangly fauxbyrds guitar.
THOSE 'HARMONY' VOCALS ARE CRAP. BRIAN WOULD BEAT YOU DEAD IF HE WAS IN THAT SESSION.
I think these might be EVEN WORSE LYRICS than Strange Things Happen or MC LOVE in something else.
f***, IT'S JIM MCGUINN.
that explains the guitar.
YOU BITCH, MCGUINN.

This is shite. musically, aurally, it's balls. BALLLLLLS. BIG SWEATY, HAIRY, OOZING TESTICLES. I feel ill.

12. Stamorever.

I have no more bile. I just have wine. After the systematic and calculated raping of the entire spectrum of pop music through these twelve tracks, some arsehole covering a Dennis Wilson song pales in comparison. I mean, it even has woodblocks on it, which makes it more reverent of a 'classic' bb's sound than anything on this record yet.

SEE WHAT THIS RECORD HAS DONE TO ME. I AM DEFENDING STAMOS

and with one fucking horrible sounding fake midi chord on the keyboard, that's it. The worst record I ever heard.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 07:55:09 PM »

I purchase every copy of this infernal piece of sh*t that I come across and burn them. Surely by now I have burned half of the 1,000 that were sold.
William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 06:54:59 AM »

SiP is not the worst album I've heard, but I'm pretty confident the only reason for that is that I've never heard it. I have no plans to correct that, but I did once, in a spirit of fair-mindedness, listen to Lahaina Aloha on account of all the die-hards on this site who swear that it's some sort of saving grace. And it was garbage.
KDS
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 07:46:35 AM »

SiP is not the worst album I've heard, but I'm pretty confident the only reason for that is that I've never heard it. I have no plans to correct that, but I did once, in a spirit of fair-mindedness, listen to Lahaina Aloha on account of all the die-hards on this site who swear that it's some sort of saving grace. And it was garbage.

Have you ever listened to the title track?  There's a live version of it on the MIC boxset that I think is pretty good. 

SIP is still The Beach Boys worst LP, but I think it's far from the worst album I've ever heard.  Of course, ruling out artists or genres I don't care for, albums like Van Halen 3, Metallica - St. Anger, the new Roger Waters, any post 2000 Bon Jovi, Motley Crue's Generation Swine, Deep Purple's Bananas, Queen's Hot Space, are all worse albums IMO. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 07:57:20 AM »

They don't even sell this 100-kiloton stink bomb anymore...even in an age where it would cost them literally nothing to put it up on digital streaming services. It's so bad that they had to give it away on QVC with the GV boxset (can you imagine being one of those unlucky souls that did get this with their QVC purchase? You buy the set to hear 5 discs of timeless music, then get sucker punched with Mike's idea of a releasable Beach Boys studio album).

I try to find the good on any album these guys release...I actually like MIU and I think BB85 is really underrated. But man, I can imagine that finding anything supposedly good on SIP is like crawling 1000 yards through a sewer pipe and being happy you found a fake gold watch somewhere along the way...the experience wasn't worth it and it's certainly nothing you should brag about finding.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
KDS
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 08:06:22 AM »

They don't even sell this 100-kiloton stink bomb anymore...even in an age where it would cost them literally nothing to put it up on digital streaming services. It's so bad that they had to give it away on QVC with the GV boxset (can you imagine being one of those unlucky souls that did get this with their QVC purchase? You buy the set to hear 5 discs of timeless music, then get sucker punched with Mike's idea of a releasable Beach Boys studio album).

I try to find the good on any album these guys release...I actually like MIU and I think BB85 is really underrated. But man, I can imagine that finding anything supposedly good on SIP is like crawling 1000 yards through a sewer pipe and being happy you found a fake gold watch somewhere along the way...the experience wasn't worth it and it's certainly nothing you should brag about finding.

I think, for me, the album's biggest crime might be Under the Boardwalk.  Once of the most timeless summer songs ever by the kings of summer music.  How in the world did it go so wrong?  I mean Hot Fun in the Summertime wasn't too bad.  If they'd just stuck with the original arrangement and lyrics (granted, the production would still suck), it would be decent. 

I'll also make no excuses for Remember Walkin in the Sand, Surfin 92, or the track on the title of this thread.   That's 33% of the album that's pretty much unlistenable IMO. 

I know I'm in the minority that I like the power ballad version of Forever.  I also like the title track, Island Fever, Strange Things Happen, and Lahania Aloha.  The other tracks to me are just kinda "meh."  Don't really like or dislike, they're just...there.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »

How in the world did it go so wrong?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 08:39:22 AM »

H&V gave hypehat a run for his money! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 09:21:29 AM »

We are weeks away from the 25th Anniversary of the release of this album.  I've only heard a few very short snippets on YouTube.  Maybe I will gather the strength to listen all the way through on August 3rd, but these comments and other reviews I have read over the years truly scare me.
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 09:28:42 AM »

It sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000-2,000 copies and bankrupted the distributer. That is really all you need to know about this abomination.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 09:45:19 AM »

It sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000-2,000 copies and bankrupted the distributer. That is really all you need to know about this abomination.

Exactly. If these songs were, instead, released by a random bar band from Nassau on a no-name label they wouldn’t be talked about by anyone here or elsewhere. What makes it such an abomination is that only 26 years prior to SIP, Pet Sounds was released by the same band. It’s a disgrace to the band and an absolutely wretched collection of songs that deserves the reputation it has.

KDS
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 09:45:46 AM »

We are weeks away from the 25th Anniversary of the release of this album.  I've only heard a few very short snippets on YouTube.  Maybe I will gather the strength to listen all the way through on August 3rd, but these comments and other reviews I have read over the years truly scare me.

I'd say give it a listen.  

Best case, you find a few things you like.  Worst case scenario, you wasted, what, 40 minutes?  And can review it on your own opinion rather than others'.  

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 09:46:56 AM »

Rab, you nailed it (and I'm still laughing) with your so deserving description of this pile of manure-"100 KILOTON STINK BOMB", which is a more fitting title for the album.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 09:53:30 AM »

LOL cheers OSD Beer

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 10:05:27 AM »

OSD doesn't drink no damn bud lights! Beer Beer

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 10:06:48 AM »

Mike's attempt to do his own Pet Sounds.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 10:10:48 AM »

I'll make the same statement I made in 1992.  ANY new Beach Boys album is better than nothing at all.  It's still that bend and those voices.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 10:14:45 AM »

I'll make the same statement I made in 1992.  ANY new Beach Boys album is better than nothing at all.  It's still that bend and those voices.

Steve, respectfully and just my opinion as always: That's like getting a cold cheeseburger on a stale or moldy bun with old dry cheese at your favorite burger joint and saying "a bad burger is better than nothing at all".  Not if you like cheeseburgers, not if you're a regular at the burger joint, and not if you paid for one that was at best comparable to all the burgers you've enjoyed there before and at worst edible.  Smiley

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »

I'd agree with this. It's a really poor album but there are moments where you hear Carl and Al sing and when all their voices blend that make it worth a listen.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 10:39:34 AM »

The badness of SIP is very particular.

There are many worse albums. Heck, some fans might say GIOMH is worse. But the thing is, we know that Brian, even at his most strung out, is capable of greatness.

The appalling fact of Summer in Paradise is that IT IS THE BEST MIKE CAN DO. These songs are carefully written and produced. The vocals were worked on. Terry Melcher used state of the art tech. This is the work of a man and a band he dragged along with him, ceaselessly devoted to creating this particular album.

And that's the horror. That Mike treasures this pile of mediocre recycled treacle and the creative process that produced it. HE STILL SINGS SUMMER IN PARADISE EVERY NJGHT.

He still thinks the album was good.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:40:51 AM by Wirestone » Logged
KDS
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2017, 10:41:21 AM »

The badness of SIP is very particular.

There are many worse albums. Heck, some fans might say GIOMH is worse. But the thing is, we know that Brian, even at his most strung out, is capable of greatness.

The appalling fact of Summer in Paradise is that IT IS THE BEST MIKE CAN DO. These songs are carefully written and produced. The vocals were worked on. Terry Melcher used state of the art tech. This is the work of a man and a band he dragged along with him, ceaselessly devoted to creating this particular album.

And that's the horror. That Mike treasures this pile of mediocre recycled treacle and the creative process that produced it. HE STILL SINGS SUMMER IN PARADISE EVERY NJGHT. He still thinks the album was good.

If he still thought the album was good, wouldn't be include more than one song on the setlist? 
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx