gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:05:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rare Recordings You Have Heard But Most Fans May Never Have  (Read 1603 times)
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2017, 09:45:49 PM »

A little while ago, I saw a member of Pet Sounds forum (I don't remember who) said on this forum that they had a recording of Behold the Night by Dennis Wilson. I remember I was very surprised to know that.

Now, is there anyone who has had a chance to hear some of the BB's rare recordings that most of fans never have heard? If possible, I'd be glad to hear story about that (how you get to hear the rarities).
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 05:10:43 AM »

Down By the Pier. It sounded very 80's with a large hint of Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called to Say I Love You". A strong Carl lead vocal. Would have been great as an album track.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 05:26:45 AM »

Down By the Pier. It sounded very 80's with a large hint of Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called to Say I Love You". A strong Carl lead vocal. Would have been great as an album track.

WOW, I have always wondered about that song, and what it sounded like.  I know it has been identified as a Carl song.  I wonder if it is possible that Carl and Stevie wrote it together, since Stevie has another song on the album.
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:09:27 AM »

If I recall correctly Tom Kelly wrote the song with Carl, there was no Stevie Wonder involvement. I heard it many, many moons ago.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx