gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:23:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you ever dream that you joined the Beach Boys?  (Read 3832 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2017, 12:03:33 AM »

This is silly, but at the height of my fanaticism, round about the time Brian went on the road, I had a recurring dream that I joined the Beach Boys, that I was accepted into the group, not just as a hang-around, but on stage, singing backing vocals. I think they may even have trusted me with a guitar. They were all there, Dennis was still alive. I can't hold a tune and I don't have a musical bone in my body, but somehow I managed to bluff my way on tour with them. Never knew how the dreams ended, I'd either change course or wake up. Stupid fannish stuff, I admit.

How about you? Weirdest dream about the Beach Boys, relate it here.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:05:26 AM by GoogaMooga » Logged
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 01:52:35 AM »

Very odd, I just had a dream that Brian and Al released an uptempo rock remake of "He Gives Speeches".

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 02:25:41 AM »

Very odd, I just had a dream that Brian and Al released an uptempo rock remake of "He Gives Speeches".

HA good one Dudd.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 02:47:53 AM »

Good call, GM. Couple of Brian dreams here:

[November 2007] He was in his Andy Paley phase, looking slim, well-shorn and Landy-free. It seems he was in some kind of musical. I was quite far back in the auditorium, but it was definitely Brian. He was actually going through some sort of dance routine! There were titles to these tunes and I even remember one. In fact it had two titles: "Exit" and "Foxtrot Of Politics". Grin

[October 2013] I dreamt that Brian had bitten 8000 people. LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 03:31:43 AM »

A while back I dreamt that I was in a posh hotel lobby somewhere. Seated next to me was Brian, who was quite jovial. We talked about food (remember discussing French fries). Then he said, "Oh, I gotta go," then got up to join some people leaving the hotel. We said our goodbyes and I said, "See you in Paris!"
Woke up laughing.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 08:18:58 AM »

I had a premonitory dream of a video of the beach boys where appear a fountain and the boys they get wet synced to Then I Kissed Her. a few days after this appeared an I Can Hear Music promo that was equal to my description.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 09:26:12 AM »

A while back I dreamt that I was in a posh hotel lobby somewhere. Seated next to me was Brian, who was quite jovial. We talked about food (remember discussing French fries). Then he said, "Oh, I gotta go," then got up to join some people leaving the hotel. We said our goodbyes and I said, "See you in Paris!"
Woke up laughing.

Are you absolutely certain that this was a dream?  ;-)
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 09:53:10 AM »

I had a dream once that I played (really, really awful) guitar on a PET SOUNDS session and Brian kept hearing my mistakes but didn't know it was me making them. Taking advantage of this, I blame Carol Kaye, then Tommy Tedesco, then Lyle Ritz. I go through all the Wrecking Crew guitar people before going "Brian, it's Hal! I saw him!"

"Hal plays drums." With my cover blown, "I grab my guitar and bolt before Brian could fire me.

But that paled next to losing a highest falsetto note contest to Barry Gibb.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 02:28:54 PM »

I had a dream that I was in the current touring band (plus Dean Torrence was there) and it was so vivid. We played Surfin' Safari into Catch A Wave into Popsicle, which is a Jan & Dean song. It was cool because Mike sang Jan's bass parts! Anyway, I was playing a Fender VI bass and singing along. It was so vivid, in fact, that I feel like I really played with the band!! The rest of the touring act was there--- Jeff, Tim, Scott, Randy, John, Brian. It was so cool!! Bruce was wandering around and clapping, and patted me on the back on his return to the keyboard. Dean sang all the falsetto parts instead of Foskett. It was such a cool dream, and I amazed I remember so much.  Shocked

I also had a dream that I was with the band singing Surfin' at Hite Morgan's studio. I was playing guitar and singing but, of course, I just had to wake up
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 02:32:11 PM by NateRuvin » Logged
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »

Woke up laughing.

Are you absolutely certain that this was a dream?  ;-)

If only, LOL!
Think I had that dream last Fall when BW and company were going back to Europe, including Paris.
If by some not likely chance I would be able to have a few minutes to talk to Brian, the conversation would probably be about something such as food. Wouldn't want to pepper him with questions he's heard a zillion times before.
I'd love to be able to go abroad for a concert. Would have to get a passport however - lost the last one I had in a stupid hurricane some years back and haven't gotten around to getting another.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 04:18:36 PM »

I once had I dream that my sister was their producer or something like that. It was now but it was also 1996 and we knew it would be the last time we would see Carl alive. We were in my high school after a concert and Carl came to us to say goodbye, and thanked my sister for her good work. I told him "remember that she's also responsible for SIP" and he shrugged like "yeah, nevermind". Carl was shorter than me.
orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 04:46:04 PM »

I can actually hear this in my head. With obligatory "do it"'s shouted not just at key junctures, but at seemingly any random moment.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »

Many, many dreams about the Beach Boys. Some very realistic. But I was just there with them because of luck and persistence. These dreams are certainly a direct result of my several close contacts with the group. Talk about meet and greet, I actually spent an hour with them before a show in a tent in the parking lot of the baseball stadium they were about to play. Early 90's, Wichita, KS. Unreal. 10 minutes of one on one with Carl while eating. Unreal. Dreams, sure. But mixed with reality. I had a very, very dark dream the night Carl died. Would rather not detail but trust me it's burned into my grey matter.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 02:48:12 AM »

of course, I just had to wake up

Usually a relief but occasionally a pain in the arse.

I dreamt years ago I was sitting in Dennis's car eating a sandwich. Then Marilyn climbed in and offered me the cigar she was smoking when the effin' alarm clock went off. 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 03:00:52 AM »

No dream, however if I did I'm sure it would be a nominee in 'the cringiest BB moment' thread.  Shocked
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 10:17:38 AM »

I have had dreams about The Beach Boys but not that I joined them. The weirdest was that I was in a video rental store and found an early 80s action movie starring Brian, Dennis and Carl. I watched it and Dennis was standing in a warehouse. Meanwhile, Carl was carrying a box, but dropped it and the box broke. Spilled out of it was cocaine into a puddle. Carl stuck a finger in the puddle and licked it. Smiling said, "It's still good". Seems like Brian was in it too, but I can't recall.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 10:28:40 AM »

[October 2013] I dreamt that Brian had bitten 8000 people. LOL

Don't suck with the formula!

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 08:14:56 AM »

No, but I had several dreams about encountering Brian. I did, in reality, twice in person and once on the phone.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 08:27:34 AM »

I've had several dreams about the Beach Boys but never about joining them. Not long ago I dreamt I met Brian again (I met him in real life in 2009). I even told him in the dream "nice to meet you again!" I dreamt once that I met Mike at an airport and asked him to sign an album (Later in real life I met him and actually had him sign something). I remember having another dream where Mike & Bruce were playing a concert in my town at a local clothing shop, haha. Great dreams...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:35:59 AM by Mike Garneau » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx