gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:57:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 4014 times)
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:49:52 PM »

*sigh*

It's been a while. A long long time. I don't know if anyone here even vaguely remembers me but I used to post here no stop a good couple of months back. If you're wondering why I stopped... well I just did. There really wasn't a reason for it. College I guess would be the reason. But it doesn't matter. I think it's also because I sort of stopped listening to The Beach Boys. Blur and Pink Floyd became my main focus. But hey anyway I'm back into the Beach Boys and I'm back here!

Can't wait to chat again!

"The Smile that you send out returns to you"

- Indian Wisdom

Smile!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 01:52:05 PM »

Welcome back, you will love the new wild honey set!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 01:57:35 PM »

Welcome back!

I go through phases where I won't listen to much of The Beach Boys for a while. But then something will spark my interest in them and their all I'll listen to for months after that. I listened to BWPS last night and it made my wonder why I even lost interest in them a couple months ago.

As SMiLE Brian says, you'll love the Wild Honey set. The Surfer Girl a cappella is one of the most beautiful tracks they've released.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 02:07:34 PM »

Welcome back!

I go through phases where I won't listen to much of The Beach Boys for a while. But then something will spark my interest in them and their all I'll listen to for months after that. I listened to BWPS last night and it made my wonder why I even lost interest in them a couple months ago.

As SMiLE Brian says, you'll love the Wild Honey set. The Surfer Girl a cappella is one of the most beautiful tracks they've released.

Ah yeah I've already heard it! The version of The Letter here is glorious and now I can finally listen to one of my favorite Albums in true stereo. And that Surfer Girl Accapella is so beautiful. Brian sounds so tender here.
Also we finally got Game of Love! Took long enough! All we need now is a 1968-69 box set (Sunflower Tomorrow?)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 02:10:10 PM »

Welcome back!

Ah yeah I've already heard it! The version of The Letter here is glorious and now I can finally listen to one of my favorite Albums in true stereo. And that Surfer Girl Accapella is so beautiful. Brian sounds so tender here.
Also we finally got Game of Love! Took long enough! All we need now is a 1968-69 box set (Sunflower Tomorrow?)

Oh hell yeah, throw in some Friends tracks (would love to hear a vocals only mix of Little Bird) and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 02:15:15 PM »

He'll even a 1970 box set. I would love to have Carnival and the original recording of Big Sur be released
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 02:18:56 PM »

No need for an explanation, you're allowed to come and go as you please.  Grin

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »

No need for an explanation, you're allowed to come and go as you please.  Grin

I'm glad the internet is still free, for the time being at least.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 03:08:54 AM »

I'm glad the internet is still free, for the time being at least.

Shhh! Don't tempt providence! Cool Guy

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 06:51:18 AM »

If people care to say "I'm back!", they should do it like HeroesandVillains, bitter feelings-free.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 07:49:08 PM »

Before I looked at the user name and saw "I'm back", my first thought was Andrew G Doe?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 12:04:22 AM »

Before I looked at the user name and saw "I'm back", my first thought was Andrew G Doe?

I was thinking Rocky, but unfortunately that'll never happen again...  Wink

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 12:21:39 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 01:37:34 AM »

LOL

Nice to see you back Billy. How are you?
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »

I was thinking Rocky, but unfortunately that'll never happen again...  Wink
o

Oh yes. I remember.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx