-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:43:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  I've had a bad month
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I've had a bad month  (Read 9705 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2017, 09:11:35 AM »

Some time in early June, I had to have my teeth removed. About one week later I suddenly became disoriented and confused, and couldn't do simple every day tasks. I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and diagnosed with a sepsis infection. Then my blood pressure dropped so low that my mom was advised to either stay overnight or have a few family members stay, because I wasn't expected to survive the night. So a few aunts and uncles stayed around my bed all night. I made it, but the low  blood pressure put me into kidney failure. I had to have  several rounds of dialysis before my kidneys started to heal. I'm no longer in kidney failure and don't need dialysis anymore. I'm a LOT better than I was, but still in the hospital. Nobody can tell me when I can go home yet.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 09:33:23 AM »

Oh my god Jay, glad you made it out and are on the mend! You get the new wild honey CD delivered?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »

Jay, please know that many here will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way in the coming weeks/months...I'm sure others at the PS forum will do the same when they get word. It really puts things into perspective when stuff like this happens. I can't imagine everything you've gone through and all the emotions associated with it. But I'm so glad you made it through that horrible ordeal.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 10:12:24 AM »

Christ almighty, Jay. Thank goodness you proved them wrong that night. And that things have improved much since then. Let's hope you can get home soon. Thinking of you, man. (And don't forget that song we have to identify.  Cheesy )

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »

Christ almighty, Jay. Thank goodness you proved them wrong that night. And that things have improved much since then. Let's hope you can get home soon. Thinking of you, man. (And don't forget that song we have to identify.  Cheesy )
I was thinking of that very song today!   LOL

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 11:07:40 AM »

Oh my god Jay, glad you made it out and are on the mend! You get the new wild honey CD delivered?
Nope, I can't even think of that stuff yet. I'm still trying to find out when I can get home. I have the Wild Honey and 6(or 5?) cd Pepper set to get when I get home.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 11:10:46 AM »

Nope, I can't even think of that stuff yet. I'm still trying to find out when I can get home. I have the Wild Honey and 6(or 5?) cd Pepper set to get when I get home.

You will be ecstatic about the Pepper set, and the Wild Honey tracks are just as perfect - I'm surprised that my favorite tracks on the set right now are the live cuts on the 2nd disc. I really hope your hospital stay ends soon and you can get to enjoying these tracks asap.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »

Jay, please know that many here will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way in the coming weeks/months...I'm sure others at the PS forum will do the same when they get word. It really puts things into perspective when stuff like this happens. I can't imagine everything you've gone through and all the emotions associated with it. But I'm so glad you made it through that horrible ordeal.
Thanks so much for the positive words and vibes. I'm trying my best to get out of here as soon as I can.

The emotional bit is a real heavy thing. Let's just say this: You never know when you might hear your last song. When I convinced my mom to bring my kindle up to the hospital, the first thing I did was go into youtube and listen to "See Me, Feel Me" by The Who. I cried my eyes out.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 11:44:12 AM »

Jay, it's okay and you will be doing just fine! Smiley

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 11:47:29 AM »

You will be ecstatic about the Pepper set, and the Wild Honey tracks are just as perfect - I'm surprised that my favorite tracks on the set right now are the live cuts on the 2nd disc. I really hope your hospital stay ends soon and you can get to enjoying these tracks asap.
I want nothing more in life than to be sitting on my bed with the Pepper set, listening to take 1 of Strawberry Fields Forever, with those glorious backing vocals on the second verse back where they belong. Editing them out of the Anthology is something I will never understand.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »

Just read your shoutbox comments across the road. Jesus. How much battering can one person take? It's almost effin' science fiction. I sincerely hope the worst is over now...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 01:19:23 PM »

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Jay.
Scary to think that what should have been a routine procedure caused so many dangerous complications. Sad

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »

Thank you. I hope the hardest part is over. But i just had a terrible experience trying to transfer back onto my bed from my wheelchair. No matter what I just could not lift my butt off my seat at all. I've been mostly laying on my back for close to a month now.  So two people had to pretty much lift and carry me from the chair to the bed. Pretty much zero involvement from me, because I'm literally too physically weak. What am I supposed to do when my mom needs something and I can't get to her(she's disabled too)?    Cry

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 01:39:51 PM »

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Jay.
Scary to think that what should have been a routine procedure caused so many dangerous complications. Sad
I don't even know who is to blame or not. I have to schedule an appointment for the denture  fitting when I get home. Do I go with the same people who took out my teeth?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:41:02 PM by Jay » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 06:29:18 PM »

We love you Jay! Smiley

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 11:38:10 AM »

Just thought I'd let everybody know I'm home.  Smiley

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 11:57:38 AM »

Really happy to hear that Jay! Get to enjoying your boxsets!

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 11:59:32 AM »

Great to hear Jay!

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »

That sounds like quite an ordeal. But it's good that you are getting home, Jay! Hopefully the worst is behind you and things start to improve.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 12:28:52 PM »

Cool, man. Now I can sleep easier at night. :=)

Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 02:44:34 PM »

w00t!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 07:19:58 PM »

Really happy to hear that Jay! Get to enjoying your boxsets!
Will do, as soon as I can get them.  Grin I haven't ordered them yet. The good thing is that I found what I think is the complete Sunshine Tomorrow set(at least the outtakes) on YouTube. The bad news is that it will probably be deleted as soon as I post this.  LOL

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the set!

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the set!
The alternate mix of "Fall Breaks And Back To Winter"  is weird. For the first several seconds I thought it was playing backwards. Then each "element"(no pun intended) of the song came in one at a time. The alternate version of "Can't Wait To Long" is cool. It still doesn't have that quick, fast paced vocal snippet from "Get The Boot". I've always been confused about where that part would go.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 12:04:00 PM »

Just thought I'd update everybody and say that I'm moving a hell of a lot easier now. I just got "discharged" from the home nurse, meaning there is no need for her to keep coming to the house. It looks like Occupational and Physical therapy will discharge me next week, because I am now able to transfer to my shower chair and take care of washing on my own. I'm getting around so well that I plan to go out next week.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: