gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:20:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unreleased Songs Masterlist: Material to expect from further archival releases  (Read 49087 times)
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2022, 01:58:35 AM »

There is a lot of unreleased material being leaked on youtube atm...lots of stuff from 75-77 plus Carry me Home from Holland era and more.

Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2022, 11:43:55 AM »

I wonder if this big leak will hasten/facilitate more archival releases here in the near future?  🤔   One can hope...🤞
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2022, 03:14:58 PM »

I’m hoping it doesn’t do the opposite

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2022, 10:57:50 AM »

I’m hoping it doesn’t do the opposite

By the time the 72/73 boxed set is released, a huge hunk of these "Proposed Brother Bonus Tracks" will have been released.

I don't think any of this will hurt potential future boxes.

The question will become what and how will archival sets be formulated for post-1973 material? Will we continue to get somewhat album-themed/album-centric sets? Or will they do a sort of "Bedroom Tapes" type of set to present the 1974-1977-ish material?

Either way, if more archival sets come our way, I think most of these tracks will see release. With the exception of "Lazy Lizzie" perhaps, for obvious reasons. And perhaps we won't see those exact same sort of stripped-down, "underdub" mixes of "Love You" material; alternates of that sort can be presented in a number of ways.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2022, 11:28:26 AM »

Or will they do a sort of "Bedroom Tapes" type of set to present the 1974-1977-ish material?

YES. PLEASE. Was it an LA Times article that delved into 'The Bedroom Tapes' some many years ago? Got me so hyped that maybe some record exec would see the popularity of the article and take a chance on such a set. Years later I get that there is copyright extension stuff to consider, as well as a whole slew of band politics. But at the time I was so hopeful for a Bedroom Tapes set. Perhaps one day...

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2022, 11:44:36 AM »

https://www.laweekly.com/brian-wilsons-secret-bedroom-tapes-a-track-by-track-description/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2022, 12:46:50 PM »

"I Really Love You" (recorded in April 1978) is buried at about the five-minute mark of this YouTube video of live home movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_XwUXMFHH0

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2022, 04:22:11 PM »

Notice the quality of his voice, too. He’s pitchy af but it’s relatively  smooth and quite similar to how he sounded in 1975 minus a lisp

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2022, 12:53:04 PM »

Notice the quality of his voice, too. He’s pitchy af but it’s relatively  smooth and quite similar to how he sounded in 1975 minus a lisp
That track really makes me question how much "sweetening" was really done on Brian's vocals on MIU. Consider the fact that this "I Really Love You" recording is probably still in it's "raw" form.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2022, 02:48:20 PM »

Same…

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2022, 03:01:47 PM »

And if the real answer is "well, actually not as much as you've all been told", why the hell didn't Brian use that voice in the previous two albums, or any of the ones after?!?!?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2022, 08:19:51 AM »

Wow, that Carry Me Home is fantastic. And this has never turned up anywhere before?
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2022, 10:28:24 AM »

Time to update the list and for good reason too!  🙌
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2022, 08:25:13 AM »

In 2023, I would love to see a release when includes a lot of live material, including a live version of River Song, as well the original studio recording/demo.
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2023, 03:24:59 PM »

I'd love to get all of whatever exists from the 1974 Caribou Sessions though we may have to wait till 2024 but you never know.  One can hope for an early release! 🤞
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2023, 06:53:13 AM »

I'd wager that the next big release from the vaults will/should probably be the aborted Adult/Child album.  It would be the logical follow-up to the recent two box sets and we are venturing into 15 Big Ones and Love You territory. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
nts and the drum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2024, 06:25:55 PM »

From the looks of it I reckon we’ll probably get something for 1974 this year. Am I expecting another physical release? Absolutely not due to the lack of material from the era. It’ll probably just be another digital only set but I’ll be perfectly fine with that. As long as battle hymn, Rollin’ Up to Heaven and that alt version of Child of Winter get put out (however bad those 3 are) I’ll be happy with it.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2024, 06:54:57 PM »

I'd love to get all of whatever exists from the 1974 Caribou Sessions though we may have to wait till 2024 but you never know.  One can hope for an early release! 🤞

I just saw this. Never heard the song oreven about it:

The Beach Boys - Passing Through (Caribou Sessions Outtake)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMz8CMFrWO0

The user writes:

Written by Dennis Wilson, Carl Wilson and Gerry Beckley in 1974

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2024, 07:25:44 PM »

That Youtube channel has been posting nothing but AI outfakes so disregard.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2024, 07:47:49 PM »

Damn! Thanks for the heads-up and sorry for posting this.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2024, 08:20:11 PM »

It's all good.  Kinda tripped me up at first until I realized what they were.  Whoever runs that channel is clearly just trolling everyone.  🙄
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2024, 03:51:58 AM »

Some other tracks that may exist that were inexplicably left off the Feel Flows set.  Hope these see the light of day soon:

- Alternate versions of Cool, Cool Water
- Back Home (Version 4, recorded mid-late 1971)
- Don't Go Near the Water (Demo)
- Long Promised Road (Demo)
- Lookin' at Tomorrow (A Welfare Song) (Demo)
- Country and Western (An early 1969 Carl recording featuring many overdubbed guitars)
- Susie Cincinnati (Early version, recorded 12/24/69)
- Dennis' Piano Interlude (WIBNTLA Demo)
- Barnyard Blues (Early Version)
- San Miguel (Early version, recorded 1/9/69)
nts and the drum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2024, 04:17:12 AM »

Some other tracks that may exist that were inexplicably left off the Feel Flows set.  Hope these see the light of day soon:

- Alternate versions of Cool, Cool Water
- Back Home (Version 4, recorded mid-late 1971)
- Don't Go Near the Water (Demo)
- Long Promised Road (Demo)
- Lookin' at Tomorrow (A Welfare Song) (Demo)
- Country and Western (An early 1969 Carl recording featuring many overdubbed guitars)
- Dennis' Piano Interlude (WIBNTLA Demo)
- Barnyard Blues (Early Version)
- San Miguel (Early version, recorded 1/9/69)

That last one iirc is just a demo of Dennis on piano and Al on guitar playing it. Nothing really there but it’s interesting. Not expecting a release for that though.

However I am surprised that early version of Barnyard Blues got passed up. Would love to hear that someday but it is what it is :/
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2024, 04:40:56 PM »

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 03:22:42 AM by Bedroom Tapes » Logged
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2024, 11:21:52 PM »

I’m pretty sure c-man and Joshilyn confirmed this existed - or at least did exist. During one thread relating to the recording of this song (maybe on a thread about Brian’s bass credits?), it was confirmed that the credits on 15BO for this song aren’t accurate and combine credits from both versions. The first version has Brian on bass, Carl on guitar, and Al producing the basic track. The second has Al on guitar, Carl producing the basic track, and Dennis Dragon on drums (plus overdubbed rhythm and lead guitars from Carl). Bruce might be playing keyboards, and Captain Daryl Dragon is either on bass on keyboards.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx