gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
612323 Posts in 24723 Topics by 3514 Members - Latest Member: scott70 July 23, 2017, 07:43:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baywatch OST - \  (Read 704 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2017, 04:01:42 AM »

Hello! Today's thrift shop find was the OST of Baywatch. Not very "beach" at all, rather a dancey, tub-thumping VA affair. Bought it for the Beach Boys track, "Summer of Love". Yes, it's the same song that appears on the album, "Summer in Paradise", a Love-Melcher co-write, produced by Terry Melcher. Now, when I played it, I sensed it was somehow a different mix, somewhat sparser sounding, the drums not as brash as I remember them. I don't have SIP at hand to A/B, so can anyone confirm if indeed it is a different mix? It sounds better, but maybe that's just because it stands out from the other stuff on the soundtrack.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:06:26 AM by GoogaMooga » Logged
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 07:44:19 AM »

This was a thrift store pickup for me as well, about a year ago. After bringing it home I very quickly compared the two versions and they sounded the same to me. Maybe I’ll go back and make sure though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 07:47:07 AM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

I’ll never be satisfied touching you with my eyes
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 02:25:44 PM »

Keep in mind there are two different mixes of the SIP album, and each of those mixes features vastly different versions/mixes of the title track. So if one is more familiar with one mix and hears the other on this soundtrack, that might explain why it sounds so different.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:04 PM »

Thanks for your input, guys. Yes, I know about the two editions of SIP. Bought the American digipak on release, hated it, and traded it in. Only to regret it a few years later, whereupon I got hold of the European jewel case edition with a, so I am told, superior mix. I am happy with my Euro edition, but you know, more begets more. About the title track, isn't the main difference Roger McGuinn guesting on one of the two versions? I hardly remember now. Anyway, yes, it could be I've gotten the quieter mix of "Summer of Love" on the Baywatch OST which is kinda strange, as you'd expect Scotti to use the American edition mix for a US tv show, but there we are. Funny how what is deemed one of the weakest tracks on SIP suddenly takes on a new life when heard in isolation on a VA OST. Speaks volumes about the high standard of BB music, even their weak efforts will often be better than the competition!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:27:33 PM by GoogaMooga » Logged
HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 06:29:48 AM »

The first problem is that you own Summer of Love at all
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 07:30:32 AM »

SOL.....UGH! Complete embarrassment. Could possibly be the worst tune they ever recorded, certainly one of the most embarrassing.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

pugnacious arrogance is outta here for good.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 09:22:23 AM »

SOL.....UGH! Complete embarrassment. Could possibly be the worst tune they ever recorded, certainly one of the most embarrassing.

Absolutely! All you ever needed to know about myKe luHv in one miserably, perverted song. Further studies would conclude with the viewing of his "Lifestyles" video showing him rubbing mineral oil all over his body.  Huh

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 10:54:31 AM »

Absolutely! All you ever needed to know about myKe luHv in one miserably, perverted song. Further studies would conclude with the viewing of his "Lifestyles" video showing him rubbing mineral oil all over his body.  Huh

Oh, they have recorded worse. But it may be Mike's worst. Still better than Brian's "Smart Girls" off Sweet Insanity.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx