gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:43:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions for those with the Sunshine Tomorrow set already...  (Read 1548 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2017, 09:23:35 AM »

Hey there everybody, I do indeed have my copy of the new 1967 - Sunshine Tomorrow release on it's way from Amazon, but unfortunately I'm at work. So before I listen I have a few questions that maybe I'll be helped out with, if anybody feels like it. So here goes...

First off, are the mono versions of "The Letter" and "A Little Help from My Friends" the same exact mixes that appear on the Rarities release?

Also, I'm pretty sure on that other board somebody mentioned that the entirety of "Can't Wait Too Long" from 1967 isn't on the set, like this is just a snippet? Is that true, or is it possible that what is here is all that was done in this era for that song, with the rest of the work done mostly in 1968 (with a bit of sweetening done in 1980)?

Lastly, any writer credit for "Lonely Days" yet?

That's about it for now, but I'm sure that there are some other questions I've forgotten, ha.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:36:43 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:52:32 AM »

Er... I'll weigh in on the questions I can.

Don't know about The Letter and the song by the Liverpool Pub Quartet. Have never been that much of a fan of either Beach Boys version in any of their various mixes. Also, I don't have Rarities... Shocked

Can't Wait Too Long is a new edit/mix. More details on that in a separate thread appearing near you very soon.

And finally, the writer's credit for Lonely Days is given as... (unknown). Sorry!
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 12:31:34 PM »

The version(s) of "The Letter" sound different than the Rarities disc (both sound more natural and less polished). "With a Little Help from My Friends" is the same version but Bruce's vocals are sped up.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx