gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:29:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4th of July - AXS TV - Beach Boys all day!  (Read 2916 times)
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2017, 07:36:22 PM »

Saw an ad on AXS TV, 4th of July all day starting at 1:30 Beach Boys Endless Summer! Now what will be shown I have no idea, I'm just giving everyone a head's up!

Cook pork throughly
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:53:32 AM »

Too bad it's not the unreleased Campfire footage from the Endless Summer tv series from years back. That was the best pasrt of that show, by far.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:49:33 AM »

Looks like the schedule shows its going to be the Mike Love Dan Rather interview, the two C50 Blu-rays, and Brian's PBS show from the Venetian. There one other half hour item on their schedule that looks like it's probably a cheap clip job.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 11:36:05 PM »

They're also showing An American Band and An American Family. http://www.axs.tv/axstvconcerts/3-days-of-the-beach-boys-starts-sunday-july-2nd-on-axs-tv/ Normally I lament that my provider doesn't carry this channel but this is mostly stuff I have on DVD and the stuff that I don't doesn't interest me much (I've only seen parts of An American Family and I have no desire to see any more).  Except for the Dan Rather interview with Mike Love.  That intrigues me.

KDS
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 06:28:16 AM »

Too bad they're showing American Band over the far superior Endless Harmony.  Maybe they chose the former because it features full music clips.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »

Too bad they're showing American Band over the far superior Endless Harmony.  Maybe they chose the former because it features full music clips.

I'm sure in part it's just that An American Band is cheaper to license. Lionsgate put it on a cheapie double feature DVD years ago, so it's probably cheap to license for broadcast.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 04:02:19 PM »

I believe all the clearances for Endless Harmony have run out.
KDS
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »

I'm sure in part it's just that An American Band is cheaper to license. Lionsgate put it on a cheapie double feature DVD years ago, so it's probably cheap to license for broadcast.

True. I have that DVD with the IJWMFTT doc.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 02:58:28 PM »

Talking to people at work and they think BW is a weirdo from watching "American family". That movie really needs to stop being shown... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KDS
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 03:04:54 PM »

Talking to people at work and they think BW is a weirdo from watching "American family". That movie really needs to stop being shown... Roll Eyes

The second half definitely made Brian look quite the clown.  But, to be fair, Brian wasnt well, and did do some weird things during that time period. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »

Get those people copies of Love and Mercy asap!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx