gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:39:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best End Tags  (Read 7154 times)
Doobidoo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 06:14:07 AM »

I always mention Celebrate the News in my posts... But Celebrate the news! It's just building and building, and still is releasing at the same time. Just magical.

I do agree that Love You has a lot of nice Tags, and the underrated Holidays is also just wonderful, but I really have to mention Have to Phone Ya! It's OK and Have to Phone Ya is two really good songs in an otherwise disappointing album.

Also, the last "na" in the Surf's Up tag is perfect. It really has this nice effect.

The mysterious 'uplifting version' of 'Til I Die: Finally revealed by Custom Machine!! www.smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,26114.msg640828.html#msg640828

www.lastfm.se/user/fehyv
www.lastfm.se/user/fehyv
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 06:39:48 AM »

The ending of "A Day In The Life Of A Tree" has always been intriguing with VDP's spot and Brian closing the song in a lilting manner. Would be amazing if there was a Brian lead buried in the vaults.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 07:08:04 AM »

The ending of "A Day In The Life Of A Tree" has always been intriguing with VDP's spot and Brian closing the song in a lilting manner. Would be amazing if there was a Brian lead buried in the vaults.

One of the main reasons I would love a Surf's Up box set is for a bunch of vocals-only/backing-track/alternate-mix of this song. I read on here a while back that Brian cried in the booth when this part was being recorded. The amount of emotion going on in this tag is unreal; the progression from Reilly's voice to VDPs to that final wailing by Al ("oh lord I lay me down") - doesn't get much better than that.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 07:45:02 AM »

I remember reading that Dennis either tried the song or was considered. I would have really liked it if Dennis sang it. I love the song but jacks voice is so shaky.. plus the interesting combination of Dennis and VDP. Two total opposites. Both in character and in vocal style.

Best tags.. in the parking lot is my favorite, and I haven't seen this one posted I don't think - male ego! I love that damn tag.
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 04:11:40 PM »

My favorite thread I ever started:
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15268.0.html
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 02:25:32 AM »

Thanks for the link, S-a. Some fascinating discussions in there.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Pet Sounder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 09:25:55 AM »

I Know There's An Answer.  That tag is just so wonderful.  It's my favorite Pet Sounds moment by far.  Has anyone heard more of the session than what appears on the boxed set?  I've always wondered if the tag was intended to be that way from the beginning, or if it developed during the session.

Runners up:

At My Window

Til I Die

We're Together Again

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx