gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:00:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most Polarizing Beach Boys album  (Read 15998 times)
KDS
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2017, 08:25:29 AM »

In my opinion, it is the last of their great albums.

Common misspelling.  But, the title of the BB last great album is "H-O-L-L-A-N-D" not "L-O-V-E Y-O-U."  That seems to happen a lot.  Must be autocorrect or something.

Grin Roll Eyes
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2017, 08:30:27 AM »

Common misspelling.  But, the title of the BB last great album is "H-O-L-L-A-N-D" not "L-O-V-E Y-O-U."  That seems to happen a lot.  Must be autocorrect or something.

Grin Roll Eyes

There's these really good glasses you can get for dyslexia now. Would you like me to PM you a link?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:31:10 AM by Hickory Violet Part IV » Logged
KDS
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2017, 08:36:18 AM »

Common misspelling.  But, the title of the BB last great album is "H-O-L-L-A-N-D" not "L-O-V-E Y-O-U."  That seems to happen a lot.  Must be autocorrect or something.

Grin Roll Eyes

There's these really good glasses you can get for dyslexia now. Would you like me to PM you a link?

Talking about you're not sure.  Dyslexia don't have I. 
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »

Most of my friends know how much I love the beach boys, so they are used to listening to Love You at my place. And luckily people seem to like it a lot too. The album is funny (johhny carson, solar system) and poignant (the night was so young) and it anticipates a lot of stuff musically. Also, there's that beautiful Patti Smith piece about it. In my opinion, it is the last of their great albums.

Smiley smile is another one of our favorites here. Love the lo-fi laid-back trippy psychedelicate intensely melodic feeling.

And, yes, also a great fan of the unreleased Adult Child - I'm with thorgil, who said he likes "left-field" Brian.

So, I don't know which albums are the most divisive, but I just don't listen to a lot of their post-77 music.
Do you know jiggy's fantastic work?
http://jiggy22.blogspot.it/2016/06/the-beach-boys-adultchild-alternate.html

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
blueeyedtreefrog
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2017, 11:15:31 AM »

Wow! I had been to his website once but didn't have the chance to explore it like I should. I actually had another version of Adult Child, the one with H.E.L.P. is on the way, but without Marilyn Rovell, Diane and Our team, for example. I'm specially fond of Life is for the living (a Broadway song in less than two minutes, and oh, those lyrics!), It's over now, Still I dream of it (one of my favorites songs ever) and that beautiful version of Deep Purple. Really love Brian's rendition of it, with that kind of husky voice - it's like he is giving the song back to its "common use", very heartfelt but not "oversung". It's great, thank you so much! It's so nice to find another fans of those albums! (sorry for my english, not a native speaker).
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2017, 12:19:10 PM »

I'd say Keepin' the Summer Alive cause like, it's got a polar bear on the cover....I think....been awhile since I've looked....
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx