gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:56:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was Mike’s album “First Love¯” re-compiled in 1981 for potential release?  (Read 6007 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 01:57:06 PM »

What does he have to release on an album though? He seems to lack much actual songs these days...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:10:55 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »

What does he have to release on an album though? He seems to lack much actual songs these days...

To answer your question, Probably nothing that anyone would want to listen to.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 03:43:25 PM »

"untitled 12 minute TM lecture".... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 03:23:18 PM »

Folks go to those shows [the current rendition of the Beach Boys] to hear the Beach Boys body of work.  That Mike has agreed to allow l.p. tracks like Farmer's Daughter and Betsy into the show requires a tip of the hat to Scott [Totten] because these 'things' would not and could not be accomplished without him...to say the very least.  They add to the show imho.

To go to the merch table and find some nondescript c.d. featuring an onslaught of songs never-to-fore heard by anyone in [normal] captivity along with that questionable attempt at 'songage'...Pieces Bruther...it has to be bruther...where the hell did I hear THAT before???  [and why am I hearing it again?]...won't sell 100 units per show.  If they GAVE them away...1/2 of 'em'd hit the ground or garbage before the car doors were unlocked.  1/2 of the remaining discs would hit the pavement on the way home...tossed out the window in disgust.  1/2 of those which made it from point A to point B would end up in the garbage or be offered up for a buck/50 cents in a yard sale.

Further to that ... if and when people get it home and eventually toss it on 'the player'...just exactly how many tickets will that 'attempt' at doin' music sell?  Dang close to 0.   [O.K. ...maybe 3 or 4 a show...after a close inspection followed by the obvious reaction...wtf is this sh*t?]  It might, though, have an extremely negative impact on moving tickets for the 'groups' return in 2 or 3 years.  Anyone mildly interested has heard the musical celebration that is Michael Edward over these many years.  [and that celebration shyte was gawd-awwwwwwwwwwwful and entirely disappointing back when I had no bone to pick with the arsehole which would emerge, for all to see, from under that incessant  baseball cap.]

The guy with the least amount of talent shouldn't be tarnishing his own image anymore than he already has.  He spends enough time doing it to Brian/Carl/Dennis in front of anyone who'll hold a mic or a pencil and pad up to his yap.  He doesn't need to further bury himself and chase away all of the remaining girls who still show up for the " BB's" by issuing anything likely and accurately best named "Yikes!!!"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:18:43 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 05:34:48 PM »

Folks go to those shows [the current rendition of the Beach Boys] to hear the Beach Boys body of work.  That Mike has agreed to allow l.p. tracks like Farmer's Daughter and Betsy into the show requires a tip of the hat to Scott [Totten] because these 'things' would not and could not be accomplished without him...to say the very least.  They add to the show imho.

To go to the merch table and find some nondescript c.d. featuring an onslaught of songs never-to-fore heard by anyone in [normal] captivity along with that questionable attempt at 'songage'...Pieces Bruther...it has to be bruther...where the hell did I hear THAT before???  [and why am I hearing it again?]...won't sell 100 units per show.  If they GAVE them away...1/2 of 'em'd hit the ground or garbage before the car doors were unlocked.  1/2 of the remaining discs would hit the pavement on the way home...tossed out the window in disgust.  1/2 of those which made it from point A to point B would end up in the garbage or be offered up for a buck/50 cents in a yard sale.

Further to that ... if and when people get it home and eventually toss it on 'the player'...just exactly how many tickets will that 'attempt' at doin' music sell?  Dang close to 0.   [O.K. ...maybe 3 or 4 a show...after a close inspection followed by the obvious reaction...wtf is this sh*t?]  It might, though, have an extremely negative impact on moving tickets for the 'groups' return in 2 or 3 years.  Anyone mildly interested has heard the musical celebration that is Michael Edward over these many years.  [and that celebration shyte was gawd-awwwwwwwwwwwful and entirely disappointing back when I had no bone to pick with the arsehole which would emerge, for all to see, from under that incessant  baseball cap.]

The guy with the least amount of talent shouldn't be tarnishing his own image anymore than he already has.  He spends enough time doing it to Brian/Carl/Dennis in front of anyone who'll hold a mic or a pencil and pad up to his yap.  He doesn't need to further bury himself and chase away all of the remaining girls who still show up for the " BB's" by issuing anything likely and accurately best named "Yikes!!!"
w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx