gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:05:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy 75th Brian Wilson!  (Read 2436 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2017, 02:41:13 AM »

In the early days of online Beach Boys message boards I joined others offering best wishes for Brian's 60th, and the hope he continued making music. Who would have thought 15 years later we still would be? All the best BDW!  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:31:27 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 03:08:52 AM »

Happy birthday, big guy!

May you enjoy many more years and thank you so much for all you've given us in years past. :=) 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:28:01 AM »

Happy Birthday to Brian! You're 25 3rd time, yahoo!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 03:37:32 AM »

May you have a wonderful birthday, Brian. You deserve it!!

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:09:11 AM »

Happy birthday Brian! I hope you get to do whatever you want today.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 05:37:23 AM »

75 big ones!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 06:02:08 AM »

Happy natal day to Brian! Wishing you many, many, many more.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 07:37:33 AM »

Happy Birthday from Oldsurferdude! Thanks for so very many wonderful years of sharing your incredible talent with all of us. You are the MAN!  w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »

Five years ago today, i had the pleasure, along with a few thousand others, of singing Happy Birthday to Brian during the Beach Boys' Montreal concert. A great experience and a great concert.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:31:17 AM »

Five years ago today, i had the pleasure, along with a few thousand others, of singing Happy Birthday to Brian during the Beach Boys' Montreal concert. A great experience and a great concert.

Joel,
Hard to believe that was 5 years ago, eh?  That was a great show. I was lucky enough (Thanks to Bruce) to get backstage to the 'Party!' Where they presented a cake for Brian. The Baker was freaking out as it was super warm that day and the rather elaborate cake was starting to melt. The stage was full of balloons, and before the second set Cowsill came out early and popped them all. Al and Bruce donned Habs jerseys for the encore. Good times.
Scaroline No
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 10:01:27 AM »

Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Brian! Thank you for all you have given and keep giving us. You and your music mean so much to me, to all of us. I hope this day brings you tons of love, laughter and joy!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 10:24:19 AM »

Happy birthday to the greatest pop songwriter during the rock era ever!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 01:09:13 PM »

I was there too!  I was also lucky enough to get to sing Happy Birthday to Brian a year before that in Ottawa. 

Happy Birthday Brian.  Wishing you much health and happiness. 
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 02:27:21 PM »

Happy Birthday to the guy who is the reason behind us all being joined on this message board! Not to mention whose music has brought my spirits up more than any other person, living or deceased.

In other words, here's to a man that has enriched my life and whose music has given me direction when i've needed it most. Thank you for Pet Sounds, SMiLE, all those classic hits and many cherished memories in the past and yet to come.

This is going to sound horribly cheesy, but Brian's music and spirit has enriched my life so much, I can't even express how much I love him and how much his music has helped me in my life.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 02:29:15 PM by SamMcK » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx