gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:31:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shortenin' Bread' riff  (Read 2790 times)
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »

...plenty of them in this song....hope you enjoy...PMcC

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4276682&q=hi

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 07:29:45 PM »

Lots of fun (as that song has to be). I don't love drum machines, but other than that I really enjoyed it. All the vocals are very cool, definitely in the right spirit.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »

Luther, man, that's all I have is drum machines...I'm stuck off of the laundry room in the back of my little house, and I couldn't move real drums in there if I wanted...But....At least they were played manually. That's ME hitting the keys to a click track, a hair better than just letting a drum track roll. Hard to get that 'denny' sound on artificial drums,though...I am glad you took a listen. I have been wanting to do 'shorenin' bread' for a long time, just to see how it would turn out.

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 08:00:30 PM »

Drums are the death of us all! The "Lines" I did this morning includes a drum track my drummer recorded for one of my songs -- Sleeping is Fun -- edited to fit the part i needed. (Shhhh, don't tell.) I have natural drums here, but I can barely play them at all. That's why on my tracks, you'll get great drums (my drummer), awful drums (me) or aux percussion!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx