gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680742 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:49:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My cover of Mount Vernon and Fairway  (Read 1364 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2017, 07:10:24 AM »

https://youtu.be/5vOVJSiGzGQ

This one took me awhile. For further notice, my brother who has experience recording music said he could help me produce future covers. So they will sound much more polished than the ones I've done so far. At the very least, I have learned a bit about how to hear something and arrange it. Kind of like Brian did with the Four Freshman all those years ago. But I realize, it's not easy!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:08:24 PM »

Has anyone listened to this?   Tongue

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 08:50:21 PM »

146 views and no ones commented yet?

I've listened to it, and I gotta say, I really like who you decide to cover some of the more overlooked BB's songs. When I first clicked on the link, I was only expecting you to cover only the musical portions of the track, like the "Fairy Tale Music" collage off of the Good Vibrations box set. But nope, you covered the entire 10 minute track. That definitely takes dedication! Keep up the good work man!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:51:15 PM by jiggy22 » Logged

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 01:57:10 AM »

I somehow missed this. Maybe because of the build-up to going away and then the holiday itself. I've just listened to it and it's beautiful! Eat your heart out, Mr Rieley. Grin

Great idea to actually have Bach playing when he's mentioned. And the visuals are awesome as always. I'm not on YouTube otherwise I'd comment there. It sounds very professional, probably for the reasons you give. I can imagine it was a lot of work!

Kudos, MTR. :=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 07:29:21 AM »

Thanks for the comments. I'm surprised it sounds professional. Everything was recorded on my iphone and transferred to my laptop where I added effects via audacity.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx