gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:16:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New recording by the Beau Mondes (my band)  (Read 2744 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2006, 01:48:13 PM »

The first recording that's really us, as the previous ones were homemade demos of just me. Have a listen and see what a difference someone talented performing can make! The song is called "Sleeping is Fun," and it was originally written and played live and in sessions for an unfinished album by my old band, Ellen Kay. This is the same drum, organ and bass track as that band's (same drummer and keyboardist in my new band, I should note), albeit pretty heavily remixed. All old guitars and vocals were removed entirely. I added all new vocals, new acoustic guitar, new electric guitars and piano.

I'd like to know what you think.

www.myspace.com/thebeaumondes

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
PeteS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 02:25:13 PM »

I'd like to know what you think.

Liked - the organ and guitar interplay and the drums (which could have been mixed a bit higher)  - vocals were good , liked the line "early to bed, rarely to rise.....

Disliked - the time signature changes (but then, generally, I never like them) - too much to deal with in such a short song

well, you wanted to know!!! - Cheers Pete
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:06:01 PM »

Why , oh why can I not hear these?  "sleeping is fun" and "something better" does not show up on the board when I click over, but others have heard it...Am I doing something wrong here?

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
PeteS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 11:20:51 PM »

Why , oh why can I not hear these?  "sleeping is fun" and "something better" does not show up on the board when I click over, but others have heard it...Am I doing something wrong here?

Have you tried emptying your cache and refreshing the page? - the songs are definitely there now......
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 02:14:24 PM »

Real nice stuff. It's my favourite on there, followed by Trumpets and violas

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx