gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:26:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys Wild Honey(Sunshine Tomorrow) 2CD Set?  (Read 181388 times)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 04, 2017, 04:20:37 AM »

Well, you know sometimes you just gotta let stuff go.  The "Redwood Incident" happened 50 years ago!  Fifty years ago people.  (damn some of us are getting old!).  And its not like it was the Kennedy assassination to start with....

Or it's just a piece of band history relevant to this release. I mean, I understand this incident is rather inconvenient for some fans who can't seem to live with Mike getting a little flack for his past actions. For the rest of us, it's a moment that certainly shaped and defined what Wild Honey turned into...and considering this is a messageboard whose sole purpose is to discuss such things, I don't see why such discussions are sensitive to some here.

Sure, when I first listen to this amazing set I'm not going to be thinking about band politics/scuffles...and I know I will enjoy the music...we certainly all will. But that doesn't mean we can't discuss relevant topics (such as song credits or a studio incident that helped bring an amazing song to this album) just because they happened 50 years ago, because they are supposedly negative, or because some here are a little sensitive to these topics.

Thank you Guitarfool for writing some great posts above. Spot on.

Absolutely, this incident was yet another among many examples of appalling behavior by Mike Love that deserve to be discussed to whatever degree anyone finds them interesting no matter how long ago they took place, an absurd criteria. I have a balanced view of the man and IMO the reactionary, hypersensitive recent support of him is just as onerous as the knee-jerk bashing he routinely receives.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 04, 2017, 07:32:22 AM »

I'm waiting until the benign Dutch version of Amazon has it. It's just a matter of time.   

It arrived there today. I've deposited it safely in my shopping basket.
There's one problem, if you can call it that. If I add another item costing 1 eurocent I won't need to pay postage costs. I'll have to think about that. Cool Guy     

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 04, 2017, 01:28:47 PM »

Anyone know if SS is getting the same 180G reissue treatment as WH?

There's already a great pressing of the mono and stereo version of SS by Analogue Priductions. I have the stereo and it sounds excellent.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2017, 08:28:14 PM »

Does anyone know if "TARGET" will have a special extra CD version? I think I'll wait to order it till find out!

Cook pork throughly
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »

There's already a great pressing of the mono and stereo version of SS by Analogue Priductions. I have the stereo and it sounds excellent.

Just as a side note, I love your avatar - one of my favourite albums!

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 07, 2017, 02:21:53 AM »

Just as a side note, I love your avatar - one of my favourite albums!

Thanks! Me too - The Brazilian Sgt Pepper!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: June 07, 2017, 06:11:18 AM »

Does anyone know if "TARGET" will have a special extra CD version? I think I'll wait to order it till find out!

While anything is possible, I would tend to doubt this is likely. It has been awhile since the last retailer-exclusive bonus tracks were added to an archival BB release. Wasn't the last one "Warmth of the Sun" back in 2007, which added a download-only live bonus track? Subsequent sets like "Smile Sessions", the PS 50th box, the "Party" set, and so on, didn't add retailer exclusive bonus tracks.

Brian's NPP in 2015 did, but new solo albums are a whole other ball of wax, where retailer bonus tracks are much more common and almost seemingly *expected* in some cases. Often, Brian's exclusives over the past decade-plus have been some sort of iTunes or other "digital" exclusives.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 07, 2017, 06:14:14 AM »

I recall there was an Amazon-exclusive version of Beach Boys' Party! Uncovered and Unplugged with an added lithograph. I imagine any potential exclusive would be in this vein (i.e. added merchandise instead of music).

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: June 07, 2017, 06:25:40 AM »

I recall there was an Amazon-exclusive version of Beach Boys' Party! Uncovered and Unplugged with an added lithograph. I imagine any potential exclusive would be in this vein (i.e. added merchandise instead of music).

Yeah, I think non-musical exclusives would be a bit more likely. Amazon has done that sort of thing in the past. Ironically, they also got a musical exclusive with Brian's Disney album, where Amazon's CD as I recall had one extra song and Amazon's digital version had two exclusives.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 07, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »

While anything is possible, I would tend to doubt this is likely. It has been awhile since the last retailer-exclusive bonus tracks were added to an archival BB release. Wasn't the last one "Warmth of the Sun" back in 2007, which added a download-only live bonus track? Subsequent sets like "Smile Sessions", the PS 50th box, the "Party" set, and so on, didn't add retailer exclusive bonus tracks.

Brian's NPP in 2015 did, but new solo albums are a whole other ball of wax, where retailer bonus tracks are much more common and almost seemingly *expected* in some cases. Often, Brian's exclusives over the past decade-plus have been some sort of iTunes or other "digital" exclusives.

The 2CD Pet Sounds release at Best Buy came with a code to receive a free 7" record.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: June 08, 2017, 06:57:49 AM »

The 2CD Pet Sounds release at Best Buy came with a code to receive a free 7" record.

Yes; I would count that sort of stuff as more of the swag variety like the "Party" snapshots, etc. as opposed to exclusive, unique music tracks.

MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 08, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »

"Absolutely, this incident was yet another among many examples of appalling behavior by Mike Love that deserve to be discussed to whatever degree anyone finds them interesting no matter how long ago they took place, an absurd criteria. I have a balanced view of the man and IMO the reactionary, hypersensitive recent support of him is just as onerous as the knee-jerk bashing he routinely receives".

I too have a balanced view of Mike, I believe.  He, like most of us, is far from perfect.  Just as Brian is far from perfect.

But when someone is constantly under attack, is it not a bit unfair to condemn some for simply defending that person?  I guess you can call anything reactionary.  I guess if you saw someone mugging a pedestrian on the street and called the cops someone could call you reactionary and hypersensitive.

No, the onus of poor behavior is upon those who instigate it.  Some criticism of Mike is fine....to keep going over the same plowed over fields ad nauseam just seems to be motivated by malice.

The endless repetition of ancient purported behavior by the Mike bashers appears to be simply a case of them being malicious.  It would be as galling as me bringing up that Brian was a poor father to Carnie and Wendy over and over, or mentioning that Brian was a drug addict over and over.  Which I don't do nor would I do.  We basically on this board are all acquainted with the character and behavioral faults of the various group members at various times in their history.

Besides what is the point...it is not like bashing Mike over the Redwood incident is going to change history.  And ancient history at that!

It appears that the principals involved with this new release all seem to be on board and pushing in the same direction and even are perhaps, gasp, getting along together to a certain degree....given that, one wonders why some in the fan base want to needlessly put a turd in the punch bowl though.

I wonder how many of these folks constantly throw up things like this to their own friends and family members?  I would hate to be with someone who constantly brought up my perceived or real imperfections or mistakes that I may have made 25 years ago or even 25 days ago.

In the liner notes of the new release, Brian apparently credits Mike with being an inspiration for Smiley Smile.  Well, oh hell, the Mike haters can't stand for that.  Heaven forbid that something said even by Brian should be allowed to stand on its own as a nice thing to say about Mike.

That is one thing about today's society though.  Anyone with a keyboard can be judge or jury of another person and apparently are more than happy to be so.

I would say such dysfunction will hurt future efforts to promote the group to new listeners, but I fear that battle has already been lost.  As a friend of mine said, "oh Beach Boys fans, the hard core ones....they're the worst!".

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: June 08, 2017, 11:06:31 AM »

First of all, if anyone thinks hardcore *Beach Boys* fans are the worst, then they haven't dabbled in the "hardcore" fan base of very many areas. The most obsessive, weird, missing-the-forest-for-the-trees, has-twenty-sealed-copies-of-an-album-they've-never-actually-heard Beach Boys fan pales in comparison to how bad it gets in other fields of interest.

There are a lot of things I don't like about BB fandom skewing older (compared to bringing on younger fans of, say, the Beatles, etc., and yes, I know there are plenty of young BB fans, which is great), but one good thing is that BB fandom has almost completely avoided the type of flamers and trolls who consider themselves "fans" of something online, the people who post endlessly on reddit and "4chan" and all of that.

Setting that aside, I'd say bringing up the Mike/Redwood stuff four days after the conversation died down here is kind of re-introducing the turd to the punch bowl after the bowl was empty and run through the dishwasher.

In the interest of talking about this amazing "Sunshine Tomorrow" set, let's get back to ideas of introducing some teaser for the set to YouTube and the like. What does everyone think? Would it be better to push one of the better, more recognizable songs via a stereo remix, or would it be better to push one of the outtakes? I'd say a kick-ass stereo remix of "Wild Honey" or "Darlin'" or "Here Comes the Night" might be a good way to get *new* ears on this stuff, to indeed look at this as the "Holy s**t! This is what they did after "Smile", and it's different but kinda just as good!" release.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:27:52 AM by HeyJude » Logged

jackjachman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 08, 2017, 09:52:22 PM »

First of all, if anyone thinks hardcore *Beach Boys* fans are the worst, then they haven't dabbled in the "hardcore" fan base of very many areas. The most obsessive, weird, missing-the-forest-for-the-trees, has-twenty-sealed-copies-of-an-album-they've-never-actually-heard Beach Boys fan pales in comparison to how bad it gets in other fields of interest.

There are a lot of things I don't like about BB fandom skewing older (compared to bringing on younger fans of, say, the Beatles, etc., and yes, I know there are plenty of young BB fans, which is great), but one good thing is that BB fandom has almost completely avoided the type of flamers and trolls who consider themselves "fans" of something online, the people who post endlessly on reddit and "4chan" and all of that.

Setting that aside, I'd say bringing up the Mike/Redwood stuff four days after the conversation died down here is kind of re-introducing the turd to the punch bowl after the bowl was empty and run through the dishwasher.

In the interest of talking about this amazing "Sunshine Tomorrow" set, let's get back to ideas of introducing some teaser for the set to YouTube and the like. What does everyone think? Would it be better to push one of the better, more recognizable songs via a stereo remix, or would it be better to push one of the outtakes? I'd say a kick-ass stereo remix of "Wild Honey" or "Darlin'" or "Here Comes the Night" might be a good way to get *new* ears on this stuff, to indeed look at this as the "Holy s**t! This is what they did after "Smile", and it's different but kinda just as good!" release.

Agreed 100% with every point here. Thank you for being one of the most consistent and well articulated voices of reason around here, why I keep coming back to this board and this topic in particular because oh man is this an exciting release. And the traction it seems to be getting and building upon only makes me more excited for more dedicated sets in the future, more than likely yearly releases if the copyright extension compilations have proven anything, although will we really have to wait until 2021 to get some great unreleased Surf's Up material, and then wait another 6 years to get any substantial Love You and Adult/Child bonus cuts? That's a bummer of a wait unless the success of this makes an incentive to release this kind of much-sought-after stuff sooner rather than later.

And yeah, I would really like a sampling of what we're gonna in this set considering it's only 3 weeks away from being our hands/headphones (still an exciting thing to think about!). Maybe a cool cut from the Lei'd sessions, like the Sloop John B version that's never been heard before. Would love to hear a slowed down version of an already massively popular song, and I think a lot other people would too.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:54:02 PM by jackjachman » Logged
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2017, 02:31:25 AM »

"Absolutely, this incident was yet another among many examples of appalling behavior by Mike Love that deserve to be discussed to whatever degree anyone finds them interesting no matter how long ago they took place, an absurd criteria. I have a balanced view of the man and IMO the reactionary, hypersensitive recent support of him is just as onerous as the knee-jerk bashing he routinely receives".

I too have a balanced view of Mike, I believe.  He, like most of us, is far from perfect.  Just as Brian is far from perfect.

But when someone is constantly under attack, is it not a bit unfair to condemn some for simply defending that person?  I guess you can call anything reactionary.  I guess if you saw someone mugging a pedestrian on the street and called the cops someone could call you reactionary and hypersensitive.

No, the onus of poor behavior is upon those who instigate it.  Some criticism of Mike is fine....to keep going over the same plowed over fields ad nauseam just seems to be motivated by malice.

The endless repetition of ancient purported behavior by the Mike bashers appears to be simply a case of them being malicious.  It would be as galling as me bringing up that Brian was a poor father to Carnie and Wendy over and over, or mentioning that Brian was a drug addict over and over.  Which I don't do nor would I do.  We basically on this board are all acquainted with the character and behavioral faults of the various group members at various times in their history.

Besides what is the point...it is not like bashing Mike over the Redwood incident is going to change history.  And ancient history at that!

It appears that the principals involved with this new release all seem to be on board and pushing in the same direction and even are perhaps, gasp, getting along together to a certain degree....given that, one wonders why some in the fan base want to needlessly put a turd in the punch bowl though.

I wonder how many of these folks constantly throw up things like this to their own friends and family members?  I would hate to be with someone who constantly brought up my perceived or real imperfections or mistakes that I may have made 25 years ago or even 25 days ago.

In the liner notes of the new release, Brian apparently credits Mike with being an inspiration for Smiley Smile.  Well, oh hell, the Mike haters can't stand for that.  Heaven forbid that something said even by Brian should be allowed to stand on its own as a nice thing to say about Mike.

That is one thing about today's society though.  Anyone with a keyboard can be judge or jury of another person and apparently are more than happy to be so.

I would say such dysfunction will hurt future efforts to promote the group to new listeners, but I fear that battle has already been lost.  As a friend of mine said, "oh Beach Boys fans, the hard core ones....they're the worst!".

If you look at the post I was defending, it was one that was a reasonable response to a reactionary criticism of the subject of the Redwood incident being brought up, as if by "getting over it" the poster meant that it was now irrelevant and should never be brought up again under any circumstances, no matter how germane it might be or how much it might shed light or provide perspective on band dynamics, which is simply silly.

I wasn't condemning anyone for defending Love, I was questioning the summary dismissal and invalidation of the subject in general, as having taken place so long ago that no one should ever discuss it or think about it any more. I would also suggest that your name here is not indicative of impartiality with regard to Love, although it may be merely a coincidence.  I too am extremely excited about the impending project's release but I don't think that an obligatory, conformist peer pressure not to deviate whatsoever from the positivity program is in anyone's best interests, although it's unfortunate that this subject has arisen in a thread devoted to expressions of anticipation and appreciation for the bright future that now seems to await the prospects for further archival releases. I doubt whether the prospects for attracting new fans to the group are materially affected by any dissection of intra-band dynamics, those would have to be shallow potential devotees indeed. Mr. Love himself has already said and done plenty of things through the years to repel converts to the music, which is after all the thing that will hopefully resonate with discerning folks who have their ears and hearts open.

I would add that you have used YOUR keyboard to throw shade in my direction, in a rather passive-aggressive manner which I find somewhat annoying.

BTW, "turd in the punch bowl", vivid and descriptive as it may be, is a truly nauseating metaphor that I would strongly advise you to consider eliminating from your repertoire of cliches.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:41:09 AM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

Daly, Chicago 1968
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2017, 02:35:51 AM »

I hope you weren't referring to my "bringing it up" as was quoted in the post that you are in part replying to. I didn't notice the date of the original post standing up for the potential relevance of the subject, and upon review it looks like although it was indeed a couple of days before I defended it, I wasn't part of the conversation at that time and just interjected on an impulse when I felt compelled to.

Daly, Chicago 1968
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2017, 05:16:08 AM »

1. That many fans care about this (or any BBs) CD's chart is really puzzling. I don't understand what big importance there is if it's sitting at #97, #3, #12 etc.
2. Reply to CenturyDeprived - forgive me saying this but your point about 50th T-LB murder Anniversary is absolutely stupid. 1st, it's done deal & very ancient case. Then, generally, the hypersensitive attitude by some of you about Manson connection baffled me since I read related posts. Why do we care if 1) BBs didn't kill these celebs 2) they recorded NLNTL before the murders Edit: 3) BBs track differs from Manson's demo. Therefore, there shouldn't be even question or point made about 20/20 Anniversary coinciding with murders' 50 jubilee. So what if it does? It wouldn't do BBs reputation any bad.

I care about where it sits on the charts and how many copies it sells because the better it does, the more likely we are to see more of this sort of thing. And in the case of the Beach Boys archives, it can make a difference in how the material is released. If this sells well, we are more likely to see physical releases of archival material rather than the download-only releases, which, while appreciated and enjoyed, don't quite hit the spot for me.
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 09, 2017, 06:06:28 AM »

Is that a Good, Bad, and the Ugly reference I see? 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 09, 2017, 06:55:52 AM »

But he doesn't have the treasure.... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: June 09, 2017, 08:59:40 AM »

I hope you weren't referring to my "bringing it up" as was quoted in the post that you are in part replying to. I didn't notice the date of the original post standing up for the potential relevance of the subject, and upon review it looks like although it was indeed a couple of days before I defended it, I wasn't part of the conversation at that time and just interjected on an impulse when I felt compelled to.

I was only referring to the post from "Mike's the Greatest" and that it reintroduced the Mike/Redwood stuff that hadn't been discussed for four days.

No big deal, I've just been on message boards for so long that I've seen many times a slightly contentious discussion/topic just wind down on its own, only for someone to click reply days or weeks or months later, possibly not even noticing that what they're responding to isn't a particularly new post and thus they're kind of resurrecting the contentious topic. In all fairness, I'm sure at some point I've replied to old posts in a thread too.

KDS
« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2017, 01:39:26 PM »

1. That many fans care about this (or any BBs) CD's chart is really puzzling. I don't understand what big importance there is if it's sitting at #97, #3, #12 etc.
2. Reply to CenturyDeprived - forgive me saying this but your point about 50th T-LB murder Anniversary is absolutely stupid. 1st, it's done deal & very ancient case. Then, generally, the hypersensitive attitude by some of you about Manson connection baffled me since I read related posts. Why do we care if 1) BBs didn't kill these celebs 2) they recorded NLNTL before the murders Edit: 3) BBs track differs from Manson's demo. Therefore, there shouldn't be even question or point made about 20/20 Anniversary coinciding with murders' 50 jubilee. So what if it does? It wouldn't do BBs reputation any bad.

I care about where it sits on the charts and how many copies it sells because the better it does, the more likely we are to see more of this sort of thing. And in the case of the Beach Boys archives, it can make a difference in how the material is released. If this sells well, we are more likely to see physical releases of archival material rather than the download-only releases, which, while appreciated and enjoyed, don't quite hit the spot for me.

I agree about the copyright releases.  At the end of the day, they can cost more than a physical release, and you only get an MP3 or a CDR.
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 11, 2017, 06:24:49 PM »

Is that a Good, Bad, and the Ugly reference I see? 

There's two kinds of people in this world, Tuco -- those who license the Beach Boys' name, and those who resent it.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2017, 06:37:53 AM »

I agree about the copyright releases.  At the end of the day, they can cost more than a physical release, and you only get an MP3 or a CDR.

While I always prefer physical release, and I do think there can be an archival program that includes key physical releases (lavish sets, boxed sets, etc.), the type of large-scale archival project I'd like to see is one that would have to include digital-only releases. I don't think that's a problem, and even many of the digital-only releases have seen full CD quality (and in some cases high-rez) downloads offered as opposed to only lossy versions.

What I see in the future is a large cache particularly of live recordings, as in numerous shows from multiple tours where digital releases would be the only way to go (perhaps released day and date with a nice overview CD boxed set).

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 12, 2017, 11:54:40 AM »

Not a bad idea, HeyJude, but I'd like to see printable album inserts also released, so those of us who burn the digital-only tracks to a physical CD could have liner notes and artwork, etc. Right now I have to create my own inserts.
KDS
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2017, 12:00:36 PM »

Not a bad idea, HeyJude, but I'd like to see printable album inserts also released, so those of us who burn the digital-only tracks to a physical CD could have liner notes and artwork, etc. Right now I have to create my own inserts.

I think that would be fair in lieu of a physical release.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx