gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:39:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys Wild Honey(Sunshine Tomorrow) 2CD Set?  (Read 181452 times)
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2017, 03:47:03 AM »

... [strains ears listening out for arrival of Hot Tub Time Machine]
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2017, 05:48:45 AM »

I can't wait for the Hawaii tracks, its the original BBs last stand after smile.... Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2017, 07:16:32 AM »

PS As a final note, yeah, I guess this IS the 1967 copyright extension release a few months early. I mean, with this coming out, the BB vault cupboards are pretty much cleaned out of 1967 material we want to hear, aren't they? I can't think of anything that's missing apart from 'Good Time Mama' 'Good News' and 'Hawaiian Song'... and I'll wager we'll find out what happened to them in the liner notes. I have no 'inside' telling me that... that's just a guess. But basically this release gives us all the tracks we want, and I'm betting the liners will give us the *information* we've all been wondering about for years. The team behind this are arch-fans like us, remember? And so I'll bet, like a lot of others have previously said here, that those three Smiley era 'tracks' were just section titles for bits of She's Going Bald and Little Pad, before those tracks got their final titles.

Wait...will this be a physical copy unlike the previous copyright extension releases?

The expanded "Party" release was physical.

While there's probably a "copyright extension" element/motivation/justification for most of these releases (and hey, if that's what will motivate the band/BRI/Capitol to do it, then by all means push that angle!), I may be alone in my "feeling" that the "Party" set and this upcoming "Sunshine Tomorrow" aren't in the same "throw it out as a digital only thing right before the end of the year" copyright extension category.

"Big Beat '63", "Keep and Eye on Summer", and the live releases are the "copyright extension" releases in my mind. Digital-only, bootleg-caliber cover art that looks like a fan designed it with Adobe Photoshop in 1999 (didn't one of them even use a reversed negative for the cover?), and usually released close to the end of each year. All welcome releases, no question. I almost surely listen to tracks on "Keep an Eye on Summer" more often than the "Party" 2-CD set.

While the "Party" set and maybe even the upcoming '67 set may have sprung from this same origin, I consider them more in the same category as "Hawhorne, CA" and "Endless Harmony Soundtrack", etc.

In particular, I sense with "Sunshine Tomorrow" that the team may be working with a new behind the scenes team to make this stuff classy, and allowing Alan Boyd and co. to do it right and uncompromised.

I have a good feeling as well that this thing will have some good cover art. No goofy stuff or comic sans serif fonts or reversed negatives.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2017, 07:21:52 AM »

Re cover art........my only source so far is Spin CDS, Newcastle...online....and they show a cover with a cream band or strip across top and bottom thirds . In between is art which looks to be culled from Smiley Smile.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2017, 07:28:00 AM »

Here you go:

Source: https://www.spincds.com/1967-sunshine-tomorrow-2cd

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2017, 07:48:20 AM »

Well done. Now I see it again...no cream, it is more white..
Scaroline No
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2017, 07:56:29 AM »

At least it's not brown?  I'm really looking forward to Sunshine Tomorrow but... dang. if that's really the cover, it's leaving me feeling the opposite of warm.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2017, 08:05:15 AM »

Despite all that, I'm delighted to have 'closure' on 'Good News' at long last.

Or has it been known for years what that was? If so, I missed the memo, clearly...!

As we were working on this project we went back and re-reviewed all of the surviving "Smiley" session tapes, and I was hoping to find "Good News" in particular even though there's nothing on any of the tape boxes or tracksheets mentioning that title.  On one reel there was this very brief fragment with a couple of acoustic guitars strumming and on that bit you can barely make out Al mumbling/singing off mic, difficult to discern the words he's singing... but there was something kinda familiar about the tune he was humming.  So I checked a couple of my dad's old Kingston Trio LPs, and there it was: "Good News," an old traditional gospel tune adapted by Lou Gottlieb (of the Limeliters), the first cut on side two of the 1959 LP "The Kingston Trio At Large."

The Kingston Trio version is on YouTube. Check it out.  A Beach Boys version might have been a wonderful thing. Al was definitely onto something there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-SGONxEJFM

Thanks for all your work on this Alan!  Incidentally, Brian was very familiar with the "Good News" gospel song, as it appears on Brian's "garage tapes" on the Sea of Tunes boot "In the Beginning/the Garage Tapes."  I've thought ever since then that the Smiley outtake was likely the same song.  Great to get confirmation of this.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2017, 09:09:03 AM »

I'm going to go out on hopefully not too much of a limb and assume that's *not* the final/finished cover art.

One would assume the band's name and title of the set would be on the cover.

I would assume a set with a "Wild Honey" stereo remix as the prime focus would not feature a cover that's 2/3 blank and 1/3 excerpt of the "Smiley Smile" album cover.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2017, 09:12:44 AM »

That's not the cover art.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2017, 09:18:58 AM »

That's not the cover art.

Thank goodness :D

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2017, 09:24:38 AM »

Did anybody really believe that was the cover art?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »

If one was going to put up a placeholder, I'd go with that weird "Wild Honey" cover from Venezuela or wherever it was:

Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2017, 10:32:16 AM »

Looks like Spin thought so -- or put it in to fill a marketing gap
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2017, 10:36:23 AM »

Howie, Alan, Craig or whoever else is in the know, can you tell us how it was possible to remix this into stereo after many years during which it wasn't possible? New tapes found?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2017, 12:04:50 PM »

Up to 92 on the best-sellers on amazon.

Amazing it's that high with no official announcement or promotion  Shocked

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2017, 05:01:18 PM »

Now it's at an outstanding #89 in CD's & Vinyl, imagine how much higher it can get once an official announcement is made! This collection needs to be a hit if we want to see more like it in the future!

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2017, 07:13:10 PM »

I will be buying this set that's for sure, I've never been as excited for a release as I am with this one  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2017, 07:31:10 AM »

Here's the cover art and finally, the official press release (it's long).

THE BEACH BOYS OPEN THE VAULTS FOR ‘1967 – SUNSHINE TOMORROW,’
TO BE RELEASED WORLDWIDE ON JUNE 30

New 2CD & Digital Collection Features New, First-Ever Stereo Mix of ‘Wild Honey,’ Plus 54 Previously Unreleased 1967 Studio Session Tracks & Live Recordings

New ‘Wild Honey’ Stereo Mix Also Debuts in 50th Anniversary 180-Gram Vinyl Edition

Los Angeles – May 23, 2017 – The Beach Boys have personally overseen the creative process for a new 2CD and digital collection, 1967 – Sunshine Tomorrow, to be released worldwide on June 30 by Capitol//UMe. 1967 – Sunshine Tomorrow features producers Mark Linett and Alan Boyd’s new, first-ever stereo mix of The Beach Boys’ 1967 Wild Honey album and throws open the legendary band’s vault to debut 54 sought-after 1967 rarities, 50 years after they were put to tape. Previously unreleased highlights on the new collection include The Beach Boys’ shelved “live” album, Lei’d in Hawaii, studio recordings from the Wild Honey and Smiley Smile album sessions, and several standout concert recordings spanning 1967 to 1970. Wild Honey’s new stereo mix will also debut in a 180-gram vinyl 50th Anniversary Edition on June 30.

1967 – Sunshine Tomorrow dives into a fascinating and frenetic chapter in The Beach Boys’ long, groundbreaking creative arc, exploring the band’s dynamic year in the studio and on tour. The Beach Boys’ final studio session for the shelved SMiLE album took place on May 18th, 1967, with Smiley Smile album sessions booked at Brian Wilson’s new home studio from June 3rd through the end of July. The band’s 12th and 13th studio albums were released exactly three months apart to cap the year’s studio efforts: Smiley Smile on September 18th followed by Wild Honey on December 18th.

“I wanted to have a home environment trip where we could record at my house,” recalls Brian Wilson in the liner notes for 1967 – Sunshine Tomorrow. “I wanted to try something different, something new. I produced Smiley Smile, but Mike inspired me. He said ‘Brian, let’s make a really good, easygoing album’. We had an engineer convert my den into a studio. We had my piano detuned to make it ring more.”

“Just prior to that, Brian had built up this production peak and then just completely reversed field, and (for Smiley Smile) did something so light and airy, and y’ know, easy,” explains Mike Love. “That was an underground album, I figure, for us. It was completely out of the mainstream of what was going on at that time, which was all hard rock, psychedelic music, and here we come with a song called ‘Wind Chimes.’ It just didn’t have anything to do with what was going on – and that was the idea.”

“Times were changing,” adds Al Jardine. “We were happy to put our musical skills to work. We didn’t have to look at the clock; there was virtually 24-hour availability to experiment.”

“Take away their sorrow / Give them sunshine tomorrow”

On August 25th and 26th, 1967, The Beach Boys (absent Bruce Johnston, but with Brian Wilson on organ in his first concert appearances with the band in more than two years) recorded two concerts and rehearsals in Honolulu for a prospective live album to be titled Lei’d In Hawaii, applying a new Smiley Smile-inspired aesthetic to the performances. Just over two weeks later, the band (with both Brian and Bruce participating) began re-recording the live set in-studio at Brian’s house and at Wally Heider Recording in Hollywood, after the Honolulu concert tapes were deemed unusable. Although completed and mixed, the final planned audio element of a canned concert audience was not added and the Lei’d In Hawaii project was canceled. Those live, in-studio performances morphed into sessions for the Wild Honey album, primarily comprised of original Brian Wilson/Mike Love compositions.

In a 1976 look back at 1967’s most heralded albums, Village Voice critic Robert Christgau praised Wild Honey with an “A+” review, writing, “It’s perfect and full of pleasure; it does what it sets out to do almost without a bad second.”

Bruce Johnston says that Wild Honey showcases a band devoid of pressure: “Here’s the thing – the most important thing – you need to know about Wild Honey. It was just an album for us to exhale and do something real simple; but as it’s Brian and Mike’s music, it’s still fabulous and not so simple. I love the album.”

Two days after wrapping the Wild Honey sessions on November 15th, 1967, Mike Love, Carl and Dennis Wilson, Al Jardine, and Bruce Johnston returned to the road for The Beach Boys’ Thanksgiving Tour, premiering several songs from the forthcoming album at their concerts.

Preorder The Beach Boys’ 1967 – Sunshine Tomorrow here:  https://UMe.lnk.to/19672CD
Preorder The Beach Boys’ Wild Honey vinyl LP here:  https://UMe.lnk.to/WIldHoneyStereo2017LP

The Beach Boys continue to hold Billboard / Nielsen SoundScan’s record as America’s top-selling band for albums and singles, and they are also the American group with the most Billboard Top 40 chart hits (36). “Good Vibrations” was inducted into the GRAMMY Hall of Fame® in 1994. ‘Sounds Of Summer: The Very Best Of The Beach Boys’ has achieved triple-Platinum sales status and ‘The SMiLE Sessions,’ released to worldwide critical acclaim in 2011, was heralded as the year’s Best Reissue by Rolling Stone and earned a GRAMMY Award® for Best Historical Album.

Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988 and recipients of The Recording Academy’s Lifetime Achievement Award, The Beach Boys are a beloved American institution that remains iconic around the world.

thebeachboys.com
facebook.com/thebeachboys
twitter.com/thebeachboys

Excerpted from the 1967 – Sunshine Tomorrow Producers Notes by Mark Linett and Alan Boyd:
After the decision was made to shelve the unfinished SMiLE album in early 1967, The Beach Boys opted to return to recording as a self-contained band, working mostly at Brian Wilson’s home and using rented recording equipment. The two albums they released that year, Smiley Smile and Wild Honey, were both originally presented in mono only (with Capitol also issuing re-channeled “pseudo stereo” editions). Smiley Smile was remixed and released in stereo in 2012. Now, at last, The Beach Boys and Capitol present the first true stereo mix of Wild Honey, along with outtakes, session highlights, and selected backing tracks from both the Smiley Smile and Wild Honey sessions.

Note that the 8-track master for “Mama Says” could not be located, so that song is presented here in its original mono mix. In addition, the organ solo on “How She Boogalooed It” was actually overdubbed as the song was being mixed to mono (as was the organ on the rest of the song), so that section is also presented in mono.

The Beach Boys:  1967 – Sunshine Tomorrow [2CD, digital]

Disc 1

Wild Honey Album (Stereo)
(New stereo mix, except as noted *. Recorded September 15 to November 15, 1967 at Brian Wilson’s house and at Wally Heider Recording in Hollywood, California)
1. Wild Honey (2:45)
2. Aren't You Glad (2:16)
3. I Was Made To Love Her (2:07)
4. Country Air (2:21)
5. A Thing Or Two (2:42)
6. Darlin’ (2:14)
7. I'd Love Just Once To See You (1:49)
8. Here Comes The Night (2:44)
9. Let The Wind Blow (2:23)
10. How She Boogalooed It (1:59)
11. Mama Says * (Original Mono Mix) (1:08)

Wild Honey Sessions:  September - November 1967 (Previously Unreleased)
12. Lonely Days (Alternate Version) (1:45)
13. Cool Cool Water (Alternate Early Version) (2:08)
14. Time To Get Alone (Alternate Early Version) (3:08)
15. Can't Wait Too Long (Alternate Early Version) (2:49)
16. I'd Love Just Once To See You (Alternate Version) (2:22)
17. I Was Made To Love Her (Vocal Insert Session) (1:35)
18. I Was Made To Love Her (Long Version) (2:35)
19. Hide Go Seek (0:51)
20. Honey Get Home (1:22)
21. Wild Honey (Session Highlights) (5:39)
22. Aren't You Glad (Session Highlights) (4:21)
23. A Thing Or Two (Track And Backing Vocals) (1:01)
24. Darlin’ (Session Highlights) (4:36)
25. Let The Wind Blow (Session Highlights) (4:14)

Wild Honey Live: 1967 - 1970 (Previously Unreleased)
26. Wild Honey (Live) (2:53) - recorded in Detroit, November 17, 1967
27. Country Air (Live) (2:20) - recorded in Detroit, November 17, 1967
28. Darlin’ (Live) (2:25) - recorded in Pittsburgh, November 22, 1967
29. How She Boogalooed It (Live) (2:43) - recorded in Detroit, November 17, 1967
30. Aren’t You Glad (Live) (3:12) - recorded in 1970, location unknown

31. Mama Says (Session Highlights) (3:08)
(Previously unreleased vocal session highlights. Recorded at Wally Heider Recording, November 1967)

Disc 2

Smiley Smile Sessions:  June - July 1967 (Previously Unreleased)
(Recorded June and July 1967 at Brian Wilson’s house, Western Recorders, SRS, and/or Columbia Studios, except as noted *)
1. Heroes And Villains (Single Version Backing Track) (3:38)
2. Vegetables (Long Version) (2:55)
3. Fall Breaks And Back To Winter (Alternate Mix) (2:28)
4. Wind Chimes (Alternate Tag Section) (0:48)
5. Wonderful (Backing Track) (2:23)
6. With Me Tonight (Alternate Version With Session Intro) (0:51)
7. Little Pad (Backing Track) (2:40)
8. All Day All Night (Whistle In) (Alternate Version 1) (1:04)
9. All Day All Night (Whistle In) (Alternate Version 2) (0:50)
10. Untitled (Redwood) * (0:35)
(Previously unreleased instrumental fragment. Studio and exact recording date unknown. Discovered in tape box labeled “Redwood”)

Lei'd In Hawaii “Live” Album:  September 1967 (Previously Unreleased)
(Recorded September 11, 1967 at Wally Heider Recording in Hollywood, CA, with additional recording September 29, 1967 (except as noted *). Original mono mixes from assembled master ˝” reel, dated September 29, 1967, discovered in the Brother Records Archives.)
11. Fred Vail Intro   (0:24)
12. The Letter (1:54)
13. You're So Good To Me (2:31)
14. Help Me, Rhonda (2:24)
15. California Girls (2:30)
16. Surfer Girl (2:17)
17. Sloop John B (2:50)
18. With A Little Help From My Friends * (2:21)
(Recorded at Brian Wilson’s house, September 23, 1967)
19. Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring * (2:33)
(Recorded during rehearsal, August 26, 1967, Honolulu, Hawaii)
20. God Only Knows (2:45)
21. Good Vibrations (4:13)
22. Game Of Love (2:11)
23. The Letter (Alternate Take) (1:56)
24. With A Little Help From My Friends (Stereo Mix) (2:21)

Live In Hawaii:  August 1967 (Previously Unreleased)
(The Beach Boys recorded two complete concerts and rehearsals in Honolulu on August 25 and 26, 1967. Brian Wilson rejoined the group onstage for these shows; Bruce Johnston was not present. The following tracks derive from the original 1” 8-track master reels discovered in the Brother Records Archives.)
25. Hawthorne Boulevard (1:05)
26. Surfin' (1:40)
27. Gettin’ Hungry (3:19)
28. Hawaii (Rehearsal Take) (1:11)
29. Heroes And Villains (Rehearsal) (4:45)

Thanksgiving Tour 1967:  Live In Washington, D.C. & Boston (Previously Unreleased)
(The touring Beach Boys - Mike, Carl, Dennis, Al, and Bruce – embarked on a Thanksgiving Tour immediately after delivering the finished Wild Honey album to Capitol Records. For this tour, the band was augmented by Ron Brown on bass and Daryl Dragon on keyboards.)
30. California Girls (Live) (2:32) - recorded in Washington, DC, November 19, 1967
31. Graduation Day (Live) (2:56) - recorded in Washington, DC, November 19, 1967
32. I Get Around (Live) (2:53) - recorded in Boston, November 23, 1967

Additional 1967 Studio Recordings (Previously Unreleased)
33. Surf’s Up (1967 Version) (5:25)
(Recorded during the Wild Honey sessions in November 1967)
34. Surfer Girl (1967 A Capella Mix) (2:17)
(Previously unreleased mix of Lei’d In Hawaii take from the Wally Heider Recording sessions in September 1967)

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2017, 08:20:06 AM »

Here's the cover art and finally, the official press release (it's long).

Additional 1967 Studio Recordings (Previously Unreleased)
33. Surf’s Up (1967 Version) (5:25)
(Recorded during the Wild Honey sessions in November 1967)
34. Surfer Girl (1967 A Capella Mix) (2:17)
(Previously unreleased mix of Lei’d In Hawaii take from the Wally Heider Recording sessions in September 1967)

Holy cow awesome about these last two songs on the set. WOW. I'm assuming this is a take of Surf's Up that differs from the 1967 version we heard on the Smile Sessions box set?
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2017, 08:28:12 AM »

I think it's the same "1967 Surf's Up" that's on the Smile Sessions box. The accapella "Surfer Girl" seems to new to us.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2017, 08:35:47 AM »

I think it's the same "1967 Surf's Up" that's on the Smile Sessions box. The accapella "Surfer Girl" seems to new to us.

"Sunshine Tomorrow" lists the track as 5:25 in length.

The version on "Made in California" is 3:48, the "Smile Sessions" version 3:47.

So if the track timings are correct, this new version is at the very least longer in some fashion.

They apparently/supposedly comped several takes together for the version we've heard already, so I'm curious if perhaps on the new set we get some false starts or something, and/or an alternate compilation of takes?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:37:03 AM by HeyJude » Logged

Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2017, 09:27:32 AM »

The Lei'd in Hawaii mono master - wow!  So With a Little Help from my Friends was recorded for the "live" Hawaii album?  And we finally get to hear Game of Love?  This is going to be the greatest BB vault release ... maybe ever! 
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2017, 09:34:58 AM »

Also - could a stereo take of Mama Says be made out of the rehearsals?

Previously unreleased :  long Vegetables - so this is different from the long whistle Vegetables released on Hawthorne

Cool Cool Water - a new version not what was on the Smile Sessions!

Can't Wait Too Long - perhaps some unheard sections, or just a different mix of sections we've heard on boot and on the Smiley 2 fer?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »

Wow! Reading it like this makes it even more exciting!

The Lei'd in Hawaii mono master - wow!  So With a Little Help from my Friends was recorded for the "live" Hawaii album?  

That's how I understand it as well. So this is the album they would have released (between Smiley Smile and Wild honey?). Kinda strange that they wouldn't include their newest hit "Heroes & Villains", isn't it?
While we're at it, this is as good a place as any to mention that I love their '67 performance of H&V. Although just 5 guys and 4 instruments, it really works very well imo. Unfortunately they don't seem to have played it live after the Hawaii shows for a couple of years.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx