gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:49:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos on UK Tour  (Read 7977 times)
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2017, 01:11:42 AM »

Credible report that John Stamos will be on the UK BB tour in a few weeks. I am less than impressed and consider this a serious miscalculation by ML. I doubt Stamos prancing antics will go down all that well over here. If I am lucky , he might not be at all the gigs. No wish to see a fan/actor distracting from great music and professional harmonies.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 01:21:06 AM »

Credible report that John Stamos will be on the UK BB tour in a few weeks. I am less than impressed and consider this a serious miscalculation by ML. I doubt Stamos prancing antics will go down all that well over here. If I am lucky , he might not be at all the gigs. No wish to see a fan/actor distracting from great music and professional harmonies.

Ha! What is your source, Z?

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 01:34:21 AM »

BB Britain Board. Also, a report re Montrose show. With any luck, maybe he will only donMontrose. I dont want to see him cutting in front of real singers and players. He means nothing to me in terms of even the licensed band. The youtube material I have seen suggest he has no place being there---although I do "get" why he sells seats.......in America ....
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 01:35:57 AM »

agreed.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:50:22 AM »

According to Mike Love's FB page, Stamos will be with them  May 24-June 5

Includes dates in UK. France, Belgium, Netherlands

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 04:01:36 AM »

I am attending two BEACH BOYS concerts then. This stooge better not spoil those
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 04:13:49 AM »

right on !

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 04:36:37 AM »

According to Mike Love's FB page, Stamos will be with them  May 24-June 5

Includes dates in UK. France, Belgium, Netherlands

H'mm. That's me!

I see I shall have to explain to my better half who John Stamos is----once I've located my hard hat.

This is all rather odd, since Full House is utterly unknown on this side of the Atlantic. (Of course, Fuller House is available here on Netflix.)

Mike moves in mysterious ways... Cool Guy

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 04:42:02 AM »

To be fair....he seems to know his percussion.....and maybe some guitar. But if tries that prancing and showboating (to the detriment of the real band) it could go down very badly. I can hear my daughter now as she accompanies me to that gig "who''s the dancing fool?". To which O would ask simply  "Why ?!". Might a brass or woodwind player or 2 or 3 not be much better Huh
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 05:18:04 AM »

i feel for ya Sad

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 06:27:43 AM »

To be fair....he seems to know his percussion.....and maybe some guitar. But if tries that prancing and showboating (to the detriment of the real band) it could go down very badly. I can hear my daughter now as she accompanies me to that gig "who''s the dancing fool?". To which O would ask simply  "Why ?!". Might a brass or woodwind player or 2 or 3 not be much better Huh

Stamos is a poor drummer and mediocre guitarist, who doesn't appear to ever really actually practice. I guess he's innocuous when he's just playing some low-miked bongos or something. But his actual musicianship *is* as problematic as his showboating on stage.

That being said, I can't imagine Stamos being a huge problem for Mike's tour in the UK. No offense to fans going to those gigs, as I'm sure some hardcore fans who know Stamos's shortcomings will be going to those shows, but I do think most folks who are already inclined to go to Mike's lean, scaled-back "Beach Boys" shows are folks who don't mind seeing backing guys singing half of the leads and who probably dig seeing Mike and Stamos joined at the hip.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 06:28:34 AM »

Also, I'd say this thread probably belongs in the "General Discussions" section of the board, right?

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 06:47:53 AM »

Looks like Mike needs stamos as bait for U.K. Girls..... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:51:00 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx