gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:05:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Releases New and old  (Read 3848 times)
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2017, 12:52:24 AM »

Anyone got an idea of when

1. Wild Honey stereo etc  complete info might be forthcoming  for summer ?   

2.  When ---if ever -- Live in Michigan concert digital downloads will get issued in UK ?   ( I find it a disgrace that UK fans have been ignored with this one )

3. When --if ever -- the touring BB might seek authority to change the licence so as to release new material ?  I believe the band's profile has suffered by the absence of new recordings. Radio coverage almost completely disappearing  IMO.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 06:43:35 AM »

They're never going to change the license to release a studio album, as in giving Mike's band a license to use the name to record.

The only way there's going to be another BB studio album is if both Brian and Mike are in on it (or one is deceased and the other continues to try to do one, and even then it's not a sure thing).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
hongkongcrowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 03:49:36 AM »

What about the early 70s Carnegie Hall concerts?  There was some discussion a few years back that they might get released but no news since.  I would love more live stuff from that era.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 05:20:56 AM »

Would love to see an official release of the '93 Box set acoustic shows. They shines on that tour, especially Carl and Al.
KDS
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 06:21:30 AM »

2.  When ---if ever -- Live in Michigan concert digital downloads will get issued in UK ?   ( I find it a disgrace that UK fans have been ignored with this one )

3. When --if ever -- the touring BB might seek authority to change the licence so as to release new material ?  I believe the band's profile has suffered by the absence of new recordings. Radio coverage almost completely disappearing  IMO.

Mike's band still seems to be packing them in without anything new to promote.

Plus, Im willing to pay to see them recreate old Beach Boy songs live.  But, I wouldnt want them to sully the catalog with a studio album.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 11:46:16 PM »

A new album is not going to increase their presence on radio - radio only wants the new stuff. How many times did you hear any TWGMTR songs on radio? Zero?
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 01:54:44 AM »

Yes, am sure you are right, more's the poty. I guess my practical wish is for this line up to somehow capture its best and let us hear it....even if we are on other continents and cant always be in the 3,000 ticket buyers on a particular night.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 01:34:59 PM »

As far as I know, Mike *could* release recordings of his touring band. He just wouldn't be allowed to call it "The Beach Boys", and I'm guessing having to rename his band for recordings would be kind of awkward in terms of highlighting the level of authenticity of his touring band.

As far as I know, not a single note of the post-Carl/Al, post-1997 touring band has been officially released on CD or video.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 05:59:18 AM »

After the Stereo + sessions box for Wild Honey what potential big projects are left?

Maybe a Sunflower box? or perhaps a live box?
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 08:45:07 AM »

After the Stereo + sessions box for Wild Honey what potential big projects are left?

A myKe luHvless box set would be interesting. I'd be more than willing to provide liner notes.  Evil

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »

Plus a contest to win the Myke signed poster.... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 11:39:37 PM »

Well it really comes down I guess to how much interesting leftover material is still hanging around for the remaining Beach Boys albums. But seriously, I'm pretty sure you could end up getting a 1967 - Sunshine Tomorrow type set for everything from Friends through probably Keepin' the Summer Alive, maybe even for later albums. But it seems like they have cool stuff leftover from pretty much every single album they've done (except maybe Summer in Paradise) and there will at some point be that 50 year copyright extension type concern, so I don't see why we won't keep getting more great stuff!
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 12:28:19 AM »

Not to poop the party, but I can think of a reason why they might NOT put such sets out in the future - if Sunshine Tomorrow doesn't shift enough copies to meet expectations.

So buy in goodly numbers come end of June, folks! I know I will be!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx