-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:05:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Twitter: Who are good to follow?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Twitter: Who are good to follow?  (Read 5545 times)
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2017, 12:49:07 AM »

I've just signed in Twitter, and been looking someone good to follow.

Now I have some questions:

・Who are good to follow when you want some discussions/news about music, especially related to Beach Boys?
・Who are good to follow when you want some funny stuff?

Stupid questions though, I'm glad if some of you answer me.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 01:35:50 AM »

・Who are good to follow when you want some discussions/news about music, especially related to Beach Boys?

I'd love to help but I'm not a Twitter person. Grin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Scaroline No
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »

Getting started on Twitter is definitely a bit challenging. I got on it a few years ago after saying forever that I would never sign up,and it took awhile to get going but now I really enjoy it. It's now my primary source for events likes shows and festivals and what have you. I actually don't have many personal contacts on it at all, and I like it that way.

I will say I think it's highly subjective. To start with when I was looking for accounts to follow, I just kind of went "what stuff do I like?" LOL. Sounds kind of dumb but it was a start. So I followed the the local art gallery, concert venues, events mags, and a few bands that I like. Then you start to get suggestions based on accounts you've followed, and you find out about some other cool accounts that way. And if someone follows me and I like what they're about, I'll follow them back.

As for Beach Boys related accounts, I only follow three: the official Beach Boys account, which rarely tweets anything, Brian's official twitter which basically just tweets the same as the facebook feed, and Al's account which tweets a bit more often but again, usually just whatever the facebook account posts. There are a few others which tweet photos of the band etc. but I never felt the need to follow every BB related twitter.

There is one hilarious account which is no longer active (and I'm trying to find it but it might be gone now) which tweeted as if it was an episode guide to a (made up) Beach Boys tv show. I read that whole account from the first tweet to the last and laughed out loud big time. I'll keep looking for that one, and I'll post it if I find it.

Anyway, I would suggest just starting to follow bands, concert venues, and local event magazines, and you'll start to see suggestions for other music-related accounts Smiley
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 05:40:01 PM »

BB related: @thevandykeparks @beachboyslegacy
Funny stuff: @XplodingUnicorn @savagechickens @WorstLastWords
And I have just found this: @beachboysvine (funny and BB related)
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 06:36:55 PM »

There is one hilarious account which is no longer active (and I'm trying to find it but it might be gone now) which tweeted as if it was an episode guide to a (made up) Beach Boys tv show. I read that whole account from the first tweet to the last and laughed out loud big time. I'll keep looking for that one, and I'll post it if I find it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbsitcom
Scaroline No
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 07:42:38 AM »

Yep, that's the one! Thanks Smiley
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »

That was my account. I stopped tweeting because it seemed that there wasn't much of an audience for it. It's cool to know that someone was reading it and enjoying it. Somewhere I have a bunch that I never got around to tweeting. Perhaps one of these days I will look for them and put them up.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »

It's even more entertaining to know that that was you. Ha!
Silken
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 04:48:17 PM »

That was my account. I stopped tweeting because it seemed that there wasn't much of an audience for it. It's cool to know that someone was reading it and enjoying it. Somewhere I have a bunch that I never got around to tweeting. Perhaps one of these days I will look for them and put them up.
Keep doing it if you have the time! I read it last night, it's quite funny.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 05:41:46 PM »

Actually, Chocolate Shake Man began the writing here, check this post & forward: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15460.msg361438.html#msg361438

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 08:13:47 PM »

I second VDP on twitter, he is very active and posts some interesting history and songs!
Scaroline No
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 06:09:43 AM »

Keep doing it if you have the time! I read it last night, it's quite funny.
Would love to see you tweet more episodes! I'll be watching Smiley
Scaroline No
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 06:10:15 AM »

I second VDP on twitter, he is very active and posts some interesting history and songs!
Agreed, I learn something new from VDP every day!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 07:49:58 AM »

@Seinfeld2000 is a nice parody of a parody account
@dril is great for surrealist humor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: