gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:38:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Interview - Yorkshire Evening Post 5/5/17  (Read 5753 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2017, 01:43:05 PM »

What nobody should have any business doing is mocking suicide to Brian's melancholy (and really, even the suite on TWGMTR isn't nearly as "emo" or melancholy as plenty of other stuff out there) songs, and complaining that they can't connect because they didn't co-write it.

Ain't that the truth. With the incredible hardships that both Brian and Denny experienced in their lives, with as low as both of those guys got... I cannot fathom how their first cousin can make jokes about suicide.

Anyone who doesn't think that's truly sick and inappropriate behavior needs to really think about it for a while.

And now that I think about it, I'll add John Stamos to the list of yes-men who are enabling this crap behavior. I normally don't really have anything particularly bad to say about Stamos as a dude... but seriously, he should have said to Mike that this suicide joke is incredibly f*cked up sh*t to do. I don't care if it was his boss, or a musician he idolizes and is starry-eyed for. F*cked up is f*cked up.

And Stamos should've said that while the Rolling Stone reporter was present!  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:37:55 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2017, 01:45:57 PM »

Well said HJ and CD. Mike's ego is a disease of the mind at this point.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2017, 01:55:01 PM »

I can only imagine how indignant Mike would have been if Al had derided, say, "Summer in Paradise" upon playback.

Imagine the hell there would have been for Al to pay if Al had hacked into Terry Melcher's Mac Quadra computer in 1992 (by guessing the password to be MikeRules), and hacked it to make this image the screensaver:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:01:06 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 02:02:27 PM »

It's very, VERY hard to like or have empathy for people who are like that (anybody know anyone like that in your own personal life? I do! It's not fun)... but I'll try to have as much empathy as I can for Mike, while firmly believing with every fiber of my being that he has been in dire need for decades to regularly see a therapist to deal with his massive narcissism. His nonstop touring is just a band-aid for the problem, but nobody in his inner circle wants to call him out on it, just like 45 and his throngs of yes men/yes women relatives who don't want to be cut out of his will.

THIS 100%. I think people get disillusioned because The Beach Boys are basically seen on a much higher pedestal than the rest of us. But these guys are human just like the rest of us, humans with special gifts but humans nonetheless. Your comment about being around someone like this in real/personal life really brought to home exactly why Brian probably doesn't want to work with the guy anymore.

I know someone who is sometimes a complete joy to be around, but sometimes they can be real pricks that can ruin even the nicest day with a flippant comment. These are people you just can't be around because it brings out so much negativity in your day....and for someone like Brian that can be detrimental to his mental well-being...anyone here with depression issues can probably fully relate. Just based on the comments Mike makes about Brian/Melinda in the media and the mock-suicide incident written above, it makes one wonder if this is exactly why Mike isn't too welcome around the Brian camp anymore.

I have no doubt these guys could make some great music and have some great times together. But there is also obvious room for headaches and negativity, which I doubt is something Brian needs at all right now in his life.

edit: LOL great photoshop, CD.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:04:14 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »

Keep it online with Al Jardine! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 02:08:02 PM »

I can only imagine how indignant Mike would have been if Al had derided, say, "Summer in Paradise" upon playback.

Imagine the hell there would have been for Al to pay if Al had hacked into Terry Melcher's Mac Quadra computer in 1992 (by guessing the password to be MikeRules), and hacked it to make this image the screensaver:

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »

Oh my god! LOL LOL LOL

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »

2CenturyDeprived: cool Al pic! Can you tell what from it is?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »

2CenturyDeprived: cool Al pic! Can you tell what from it is?

It's yoinked from the 2011 Hall of Fame induction, apparently. If you look really closely, you can tell from his slightly devious smile that Al is remembering back to the time in 1992 when he made that screensaver  Grin

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainment-us-beachboys-idUSBRE83N1FN20120424
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:06:56 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2017, 03:24:07 PM »

Al's trying to hack into TRON, I just know it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 03:35:37 PM »

More like BRI with Mike as the master computer! Grin

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx