gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680816 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 11:37:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anybody know the background of this photo?  (Read 11569 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2017, 01:07:14 AM »

It finished few hours back. The topic's fine now.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2017, 01:09:29 AM »

Still, tends to hijack the thread and put people off discussing it further which sucks, ah well all done now. Is there a possibility this could be one of the few times Brian saw Dennis?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2017, 04:58:38 AM »

I think so, Landy's controlling ways probably wouldn't let BW see Dennis for fear of a "relapse". Undecided

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 05:08:44 AM »

I'm starting to get ashamed of this board.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2017, 05:34:37 AM »

I'm starting to get ashamed of this board.
Just starting?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 06:35:43 AM »

In all fairness, it was the "lovester" who kicked off the personal insults. Seems to be a habit with kokomaoists.... Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 06:44:54 AM »

Still, tends to hijack the thread and put people off discussing it further which sucks, ah well all done now. Is there a possibility this could be one of the few times Brian saw Dennis?

Brian did a number of shows with the band in the summer of 1983 where Dennis was also present. I would imagine due both to Dennis's condition and Landy shielding Brian, it's unlikely Brian and Dennis were hanging out outside of concerts much. But they were together for a number of concerts, and of course all six BBs were there for their 1983 publicity photo (presumably taken later in 1983, July or later, as Brian had slimmed down even further, and Al had shaved):

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:27:29 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 10:06:03 AM »

They may have had their problems at the time but they both look happy in that original picture.
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 10:46:10 AM »

I still really like my "penalty box thread" idea, where mods can make someone go and post something nice about Mike Love when they get too unhinged and non-sequitur in a thread.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 11:22:41 AM »

I still really like my "penalty box thread" idea, where mods can make someone go and post something nice about Mike Love when they get too unhinged and non-sequitur in a thread.

TBH I'm still not sure what was done wrong here in this thread (besides the exchange the Lovester and I had which was very off topic). Add Some posted his thoughts on a video that was posted here. So it had nothing to do with the actual topic started, it did have to do with a video posted. I guess I don't see it any differently than a post about how much one likes the song 'Wendy' in a thread started by someone who just wanted to know who sang a certain melody in that song.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2017, 11:35:15 AM »

I like the penalty box idea except the lovester needs to post something positive about BW. Hell, post positive stuff about rab, OSD, and add some.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:58:01 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »

Maybe we can have a pinned "I Hate Mike Love" thread, where the haters can go to talk at each other and leave the rest of the board to Beach Boys fans.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »

In all fairness, it was the "lovester" who kicked off the personal insults. Seems to be a habit with kokomaoists.... Evil

It was indeed him that started it (assuming it's a he). That said, it seems to be finished, and needs to stay that way.

Back on topic....

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2017, 02:53:05 PM »

TBH I'm still not sure what was done wrong here in this thread (besides the exchange the Lovester and I had which was very off topic). Add Some posted his thoughts on a video that was posted here.

That's where it started going downhill. Read his post again. It was an open invitation to the Mike haters.

OSD, how about posting your thoughts on (and memories of) the early '60s in Miser's Sandbox topic? Just a few sentences will do...

Oddly (to return to topic), I can't see HeyJude's 1983 publicity photo, just a question mark. Am I the only one?

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2017, 02:55:56 PM »

Yeah shows as a broken image for me (using chrome) so something's up with the link

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »

JK is wrong. I'd never seen before the assumingly new poster start talking with other posters like s/he knows them very well. Usually, they introduce themselves or ask questions to find out sth. etc. Add Some posted the usual stuff about Mike et al. So what? What's the big deal? Then this new poster "The Lovester" suddenly starts defending Mike like it's his best friend or family member. I really never understood the rampant defending of Mike. I didn't realize it hurts some of you so much that smb. says bad things about him. You're just fans, you're not related to Mike in any way. He's very-very rich & doesn't give 2 figs about random nobodys in the Internet defending him. Roll Eyes Unless of course, the payroll/ free tickets thing is true. You folks are really funny. I laugh when smb. starts defending Mike like he means wooorld to you. Ha!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2017, 03:20:29 PM »

JK is wrong. I'd never seen before the assumingly new poster start talking with other posters like s/he knows them very well. Usually, they introduce themselves or ask questions to find out sth. etc. Add Some posted the usual stuff about Mike et al. So what? What's the big deal? Then this new poster "The Lovester" suddenly starts defending Mike like it's his best friend or family member. I really never understood the rampant defending of Mike. I didn't realize it hurts some of you so much that smb. says bad things about him. You're just fans, you're not related to Mike in any way. He's very-very rich & doesn't give 2 figs about random nobodys in the Internet defending him. Roll Eyes Unless of course, the payroll/ free tickets thing is true. You folks are really funny. I laugh when smb. starts defending Mike like he means wooorld to you. Ha!
I never defended Mike. I defended my right to look at a thread that doesn't mention how much someone dislikes him.  It just gets annoying. But if you guys don't care about that then why bother Grin I've already given it a rest, it seems you're the ones who can't let it go LOL
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2017, 03:22:01 PM »

Unless of course, the payroll/ free tickets thing is true

Was true for Doe, but I think most of the rest are just fans. I have a strong suspicion a former member or two may have made their return though.

I never defended Mike. I defended my right to look at a thread that doesn't mention how much someone dislikes him.  It just gets annoying. But if you guys don't care about that then why bother Grin I've already given it a rest, it seems you're the ones who can't let it go

Out of 7 posts, and 6 are of you attacking people. I don't consider that "defending your right". Not off to a good start...

That said, gonna try to steer this back on topic again...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:35:20 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2017, 03:32:41 PM »

Really interested in heyjude's picture.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »

I never defended Mike. I defended my right to look at a thread that doesn't mention how much someone dislikes him.  It just gets annoying. But if you guys don't care about that then why bother Grin I've already given it a rest, it seems you're the ones who can't let it go LOL
If Add Some wants to say sth. bad about Mike, so what? If it's annoying to you, why not ignore it & pay attention to thread's subject? If you didn't chime in with that lecture, the topic would be fine. Seems like you can't let it go.

Back to topic.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 03:47:57 PM »

I would guess HeyJude was trying to post this picture:

Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 04:08:58 PM »

The tone of his posts sucked, but the content never "defended ML" at all, rigorously or not.  Nowhere.  Most of the actual content read pretty matter-of-fact to me.  And the responses to him were rude and aggressive and probably based mostly on his choice of user name.  Honestly it seems like some of you almost take opportunities to allow yourselves to get triggered by ML so that you can do the same thing over and over.
I think a big difference is that some people here read the same thing over and over and get annoyed by it, and others here read the same thing over and over and enjoy it.
And the suggestions to "just ignore it" makes me want to brainstorm another "fan opinion" that 90% of us on this message board ALREADY HOLDS and never relent in furthering it in as many threads as I can.  Now does that sound ridiculous yet?
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2017, 04:14:12 PM »

Back to topic I remember seeing a Seattle 83 post-ballgame concert, obviously during baseball season then, that has a newly very svelte Brian in it.  He still has another solid 20 or more pounds going on in this picture, so I would place it somewhere in the first half of 1983.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:15:39 PM by Kid Presentable » Logged
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »

yea that pic on page one was from may 1983 sunday and i believe it was mothers day.. Santa Barbara ca.. Went to the show that day.. drove up from anaheim ca with some friends BW had just gotten back from Hawaii with Landy and BW played the whole show.. Met BW and Al.. Bruce.. Dean Torrence. And Landy... They all signed My BB hat.. Also talked to BW.. We played Guess the LP.. LOL He started to sing Feel Flows i said Surfs up he sings Just once in my life i said 15 big ones he sang Nite was so young i said Love you.. this went on with Landy and other people right there for about 5 more songs.. They we got interupted i buy a guy asking for an autograph and when BW grabbed the paper the guy goes ..You have been served then ran away.. LOL Opening act was Pablo Cruise.. Excellent band..!!.. It was fine spring day sun sand and the beach boys.. True story by the way..thx..
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2017, 02:08:03 AM »

I would guess HeyJude was trying to post this picture

Thanks, TCK. :=) 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx