gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:52:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it possible that Landy and Morgan are still credited on certain songs?  (Read 1092 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2017, 11:25:04 PM »

So I recently purchased a benefit CD entitled Every Child Deserves A Lifetime - Songs From The For Our Children Series and amongst songs by artists like Bob Dylan, Harry Nilsson and Little Richard was a Brian Wilson original entitled "Country Feelin's." Now I may have heard it before, I can't remember. It's nice though, definitely of a piece with his late '80s and early '90s solo work.

Anyway, the odd thing about this song's inclusion on this set is that it credits "Brian Wilson/Eugene E. Landy/Alexandra Morgan" despite what I thought was the removal of all Landy writing credits years earlier. I mean, as things like Still Cruisin' haven't been reissued, I'm sure if somebody were to find a copy it'd still say "Wilson/Landy/Morgan" as the writers for that one. However, I wonder that although Brian's team made sure to get the stuff on Beach Boys and Brian Wilson albums, they may have forgotten songs that maybe flew under the radar, such as this one and maybe something like "Daddy's Little Girl"?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:34:29 AM by sweetdudejim » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 11:28:43 PM »

It was supposed to be on Sweet Insanity; pretty certain the credit thing just slipped under the radar, or it felt it wasn't significant enough.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 06:13:16 AM »

Oh, I should point out the reason why this was even a semi-big deal to me was that this was a compilation that was issued in 2009, long after the credits likely would have been changed.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 07:10:49 AM »

There are a few possibilities. One is that while most of the songs with Landy's name on the writing credits were revised, not all of them were, at least initially.

For instance, don't the credits on the KTSA/BB '85 two-fer CD reissue state that only "Crack at Your Love" has had Landy's name removed?

However, a BMI song search shows Landy's name gone from "I'm So Lonely" and "Male Ego" as well.

BMI also shows "Country Feelin'" with only Brian's name.

The "Every Child Deserves a Lifetime" CD appears to be a compilation of that organization's previous CDs, inclidng the "For Our Children" CD that originally included the Brian track. So I'm guessing rather than checking for updated BMI information, they just copied the liner notes info from the old CD release onto the newer CD release. It's not super often that songwriter names are stricken from songs by legal agreement (I'd guess slightly more common would be names being added due to lawsuits/agreements), but I don't know if researching any changes in publishing/songwriting information is something CD projects like that do, or should do.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx