gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:51:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My cover of Brian Wilson's Smart Girls (new lyrics)  (Read 2219 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:02:22 PM »

https://youtu.be/X0CrvhRKjdU

Just being silly. I changed the lyrics. Perhaps a bit dark. Hope it doesn't offend anyone. Lyrics are in the description.  Cool

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:49:58 AM »

Just being silly. I changed the lyrics. Perhaps a bit dark. Hope it doesn't offend anyone. Lyrics are in the description.  Cool

Boo ya, indeed!

Perhaps you should have called it "Smart Boys". And the lyrics would look better if it were Murry in the first verse and Landy in the second.

That said, it's a fun listen.  Grin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 08:20:45 AM »

Boo ya, indeed!

Perhaps you should have called it "Smart Boys". And the lyrics would look better if it were Murry in the first verse and Landy in the second.

That said, it's a fun listen.  Grin

Very true. I didn't change the title because I wanted people to know which song I was covering. I thought about the title Smart Ass. Haha. But Smart Boys is good too. Murry is in the first verse. And Landy is in the second. Not sure what you mean.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »

I just realized I typed Murray in both verses. Landy should be the 2nd verse. That's what I say. I also corrected the spelling from Murray to Murry.

wingsoveramerica
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 06:49:56 PM »

Better than the original.

Jon G.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 06:33:56 AM »

Better than the original.

Maybe only because it's so short!  Grin

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »

I have a list of some of the most bizzare Beach Boys songs I plan on covering. (She's Goin Bald, My Solution, Mt Vernon and Fairway, etc)

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 11:43:52 AM »

This is great! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 05:41:01 PM »

This is great! Grin

Thanks!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx