gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 08:52:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fats Domino - official website  (Read 4465 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2017, 07:42:17 AM »

Fats now has an official website:

https://www.fatsdominoofficial.com/

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:04:13 AM »

God, I read the thread title and thought it was going to say that he passed.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:59:09 PM »

God, I read the thread title and thought it was going to say that he passed.

My heart briefly stopped beating too----thankfully that wasn't the case.

Cool website! Thanks, Rocker. Do you know who the guy in the shades is in the pic with Jerry Lee and Ray Charles?   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 05:44:03 PM »

I didn't suspect to see anything except the link to Fats Domino's official website. Which is what the OP posted.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:17:31 AM »

I didn't suspect to see anything except the link to Fats Domino's official website. Which is what the OP posted.

Sorry, RR. I should have said "in the Scrapbook feature". Some brilliant pics in there...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 02:21:49 AM »

I've never seen the one of him with The Beatles.  Grin

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 02:35:22 AM »

Sorry, RR. I should have said "in the Scrapbook feature". Some brilliant pics in there...
It's just super-weird you thought it's R.I.P. thread when Rocker clearly named it "Fats Domino - official website". The mind boggles. Roll Eyes

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 03:14:58 AM »

It's just super-weird you thought it's R.I.P. thread when Rocker clearly named it "Fats Domino - official website". The mind boggles. Roll Eyes

Well, Fats isn't getting any younger, like most of us. I think it's a perfectly rational first thought. Jay had it as well.

Anyway, how about getting off my back, as the actress said to the bishop? LOL

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 03:27:52 AM »

Nope, doesn't make sense. Btw, "you" in English can refer to single & many people. I meant you both. Get it, actress? police
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:31:04 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 03:42:03 AM »

Nope, doesn't make sense. Btw, "you" in English can refer to single & many people. I meant you both. Get it, actress? police
Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:43:07 AM by Jay » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 04:58:11 AM »

Back to the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JZW7zMDfY

Just think, the man will be 90 next year. Fats's producer and co-writer Dave Bartholomew is 98! 

http://www.ihopeidiebeforeigetold.com/oldest-living-rock-stars.php

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 05:13:23 AM »

OK, actress, back to music. police Recommend the comp "Fats Rocks (1950-61) [Bear Family Rec]".

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 06:01:53 AM »

Cool website! Thanks, Rocker. Do you know who the guy in the shades is in the pic with Jerry Lee and Ray Charles?   

Paul Shaffer.  Without shades to the left, from the same session.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 06:24:54 AM »

Of Letterman fame. Okay----thanks, Will. :=)

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 06:39:41 AM »

Back to the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JZW7zMDfY

Just think, the man will be 90 next year. Fats's producer and co-writer Dave Bartholomew is 98! 

http://www.ihopeidiebeforeigetold.com/oldest-living-rock-stars.php

My far and away favorite on that list is 88.  Did he have a piano cake for his 88th.  Did they even let him eat any cake for his birthday?

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 06:40:39 AM »

Of Letterman fame. Okay----thanks, Will. :=)

And Saturday Night Live before that.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 06:51:40 AM »

Shaffer highlights:  SNL, from 1975 thru 1980.  Gilda Radner and The Blues Brothers 1980 thru ? - 'til Belushi fired him for working for Gilda.
Letterman, 1982 thru 2015.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 07:21:53 AM »

Here's an article from one of our local papers, from a couple of days ago:

http://www.whereyat.com/fats-domino-the-legacy-lives-on

Locally produced documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWdrxpbHCeo

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 07:27:07 AM »

Right! This comes from a special somehow related to SNL. It's available on DVD and really good, although a little short imo

Here's a snippet from the ending round when all three of them performed together:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc62vt_ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis-fats-do_music

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 10:25:20 AM »

Paul Shaffer was the first person ever to say the word "f***" on SNL. I've been looking for a video of it for a long time, but can't find it.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 12:50:11 PM »

Right! This comes from a special somehow related to SNL. It's available on DVD and really good, although a little short imo

Here's a snippet from the ending round when all three of them performed together:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc62vt_ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis-fats-do_music

I've seen that show, Rocker!  Recorded/filmed for Cinemax Sessions (an American cable channel first aired it 25 July 1986) at Storyville Jazz Hall Nightclub, New Orleans on 5 June 1986.  There was a Vhs in 1987 (good luck finding that) and a DVD by Time Life (2007), called Fats & Friends.

In Germany (is this the one you have?) as Rockin' Pianos (High Planet Entertainment 2004), and a vinyl release on Exclusive Records DLC in 1987.  Don't remember ever seeing a vinyl release in America.

The band:  Fats, Ray, Jerry Lee, Paul w/ Steve Jordan on drums, Harold Cowart on bass, Ron Wood and Roy Gaines on guitars, and Sugar Blue on harp.

I tried to find a clip on youtube, but everyone I found was from the DVD extras, mostly interview junk.  Check your youtube for what might be available in your country.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 02:18:58 PM »

Paul Shaffer.  Without shades to the left, from the same session.

In Germany (is this the one you have?) as Rockin' Pianos

Yeah, that's the one I have. As mentioned, really a cool show. Wish it was a couple of hours longer Wink
I only found the clip on dailymotion I posted above. On youtube it's the same as what you said. But I've never seen any of the bonus cuts (they are not on the Rockin' Pianos DVD), so that's cool.

Oh and thanks for the musician credits. I hadn't seen them before. IIRC though, Kenny Lovelace was there as well during the Killer's performance. But I'd have to check the DVD

EDIT:

Here's a - bad quality - clip from Jerry's act with an interview before that (not featured on my DVD).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qCDgtuJPtY

Kenny Lovelace and Jerry's sister Linda Gail were part of this. The song is "I am what I am"; imo one of the weaker tunes the Killer cut. I can't stand this kind of stuff. It was written by Kenny.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:31:27 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 11:51:13 PM »

Nice that he finally has a proper website. The PBS documentary from a couple years ago was pretty good, although I wish there had been more footage from the 60's and beyond. Even though the hits stopped in the early 60's, Fats continued to be a great live act. Saw him in 1986 and 1990, and he was as good as ever.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx