gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
609680 Posts in 24647 Topics by 3511 Members - Latest Member: FredGroman June 24, 2017, 07:09:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love "Wild Honey Tour" in Europe  (Read 11222 times)
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2017, 11:45:47 AM »

NICE!!! I won't be doing Hagerstown...and I wouldn't hold my breath on "Friends"!  LOL

I'm just spouting this off the top of my head without researching, but I think that might be the only album that Mike and Bruce haven't touched a single song from onstage with their band and without any other Beach Boys. Are there any others?
Hmmm, I didn't ever think about that but it does make sense. Mike was gone for most of the recording of the album and Bruce has voiced his displeasure with the album in the past.
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »

NICE!!! I won't be doing Hagerstown...and I wouldn't hold my breath on "Friends"!  LOL

I'm just spouting this off the top of my head without researching, but I think that might be the only album that Mike and Bruce haven't touched a single song from onstage with their band and without any other Beach Boys. Are there any others?

I dont think theyve done any Love You songs. 

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »

I dont think theyve done any Love You songs. 

Ah yes, that would make a great deal of sense too.  LOL
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2017, 06:33:32 AM »

I don't think Mike or Bruce have touched anything from "Keepin' the Summer Alive" since going out on their own. I guess technically they've done an *outtake* from KTSA, "Goin' to the Beach."

There are some other albums where they've only done a single song. I think "Come Go With Me" is the only MIU track (and one could even argue they only do it because it was a relative hit single, and it was a hit single only when pulled from the "Ten Years of Harmony" album in 1981). "Getcha Back" is the only '85 track. "Good Timin'" is the only "LA" track. "All This is That" is the only "So Tough" track. "Sail on Sailor" is the only "Holland" track (along with one performance of Cal Saga).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2017, 08:42:07 AM »

I don't think Mike or Bruce have touched anything from "Keepin' the Summer Alive" since going out on their own. I guess technically they've done an *outtake* from KTSA, "Goin' to the Beach."

There are some other albums where they've only done a single song. I think "Come Go With Me" is the only MIU track (and one could even argue they only do it because it was a relative hit single, and it was a hit single only when pulled from the "Ten Years of Harmony" album in 1981). "Getcha Back" is the only '85 track. "Good Timin'" is the only "LA" track. "All This is That" is the only "So Tough" track. "Sail on Sailor" is the only "Holland" track (along with one performance of Cal Saga).

Another! Right you are! They could really do some of those KTSA tracks justice these days too.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx