gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:11:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love "Wild Honey Tour" in Europe  (Read 56869 times)
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2017, 11:45:47 AM »

NICE!!! I won't be doing Hagerstown...and I wouldn't hold my breath on "Friends"!  LOL

I'm just spouting this off the top of my head without researching, but I think that might be the only album that Mike and Bruce haven't touched a single song from onstage with their band and without any other Beach Boys. Are there any others?
Hmmm, I didn't ever think about that but it does make sense. Mike was gone for most of the recording of the album and Bruce has voiced his displeasure with the album in the past.
KDS
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2017, 02:07:20 PM »

NICE!!! I won't be doing Hagerstown...and I wouldn't hold my breath on "Friends"!  LOL

I'm just spouting this off the top of my head without researching, but I think that might be the only album that Mike and Bruce haven't touched a single song from onstage with their band and without any other Beach Boys. Are there any others?

I dont think theyve done any Love You songs. 
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »

I dont think theyve done any Love You songs. 

Ah yes, that would make a great deal of sense too.  LOL
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2017, 06:33:32 AM »

I don't think Mike or Bruce have touched anything from "Keepin' the Summer Alive" since going out on their own. I guess technically they've done an *outtake* from KTSA, "Goin' to the Beach."

There are some other albums where they've only done a single song. I think "Come Go With Me" is the only MIU track (and one could even argue they only do it because it was a relative hit single, and it was a hit single only when pulled from the "Ten Years of Harmony" album in 1981). "Getcha Back" is the only '85 track. "Good Timin'" is the only "LA" track. "All This is That" is the only "So Tough" track. "Sail on Sailor" is the only "Holland" track (along with one performance of Cal Saga).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2017, 08:42:07 AM »

I don't think Mike or Bruce have touched anything from "Keepin' the Summer Alive" since going out on their own. I guess technically they've done an *outtake* from KTSA, "Goin' to the Beach."

There are some other albums where they've only done a single song. I think "Come Go With Me" is the only MIU track (and one could even argue they only do it because it was a relative hit single, and it was a hit single only when pulled from the "Ten Years of Harmony" album in 1981). "Getcha Back" is the only '85 track. "Good Timin'" is the only "LA" track. "All This is That" is the only "So Tough" track. "Sail on Sailor" is the only "Holland" track (along with one performance of Cal Saga).

Another! Right you are! They could really do some of those KTSA tracks justice these days too.
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2017, 10:36:19 AM »

I WAS ON FUENGIROLA CONCERT.

OLE BETSY On SETLIST

I SAW JOHN COWSILL ON A BAR

Missing Arenīt you Glad

Mike Love Greeted me at the end of concert

I FILMED THE ENTIRE CONCERT

BEST EXPERIENCE ON MY LIFE Grin Grin Grin Grin
KDS
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »

I WAS ON FUENGIROLA CONCERT.

OLE BETSY On SETLIST

I SAW JOHN COWSILL ON A BAR

Missing Arenīt you Glad

Mike Love Greeted me at the end of concert

I FILMED THE ENTIRE CONCERT

BEST EXPERIENCE ON MY LIFE Grin Grin Grin Grin

Very cool.  Care to post any videos?
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »

SOON I UPLOAD DARLIN Smiley
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2017, 12:24:09 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRRXOHcyMi8
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »

I went with my wife to the Düsseldorf show and it was a tight concert. My opinion the show was better than the two I saw for the C50 celebrations. Plus at the Düsseldorf show, I finally, after nearly 30 years of waiting and missed opportunities, got my Sunflower completed (sans Dennis) by Mike and Bruce. Mike was the showman and an absolute gentleman for taking the time to do that AND getting Bruce to sign it too - he didn't have to but did.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »

I love reading all these great happenings! Bring on OC! I'm goin' to the beach in the AM for the week, but no Beach Boys on this trip...gotta wait till August for that!
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2017, 06:01:00 AM »

I went with my wife to the Düsseldorf show and it was a tight concert. My opinion the show was better than the two I saw for the C50 celebrations. Plus at the Düsseldorf show, I finally, after nearly 30 years of waiting and missed opportunities, got my Sunflower completed (sans Dennis) by Mike and Bruce. Mike was the showman and an absolute gentleman for taking the time to do that AND getting Bruce to sign it too - he didn't have to but did.
I would love to see this...
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2017, 08:05:38 AM »

Here you go. Watch until the end. Also, the off key singers are in the audience, the set was perfect. A pity no one filmed the Wild Honey track during the encore. That kicked some serious arse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVmuSGIf6E
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:22:59 AM by Mooger Fooger » Logged
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2017, 08:47:46 AM »

John does a great version of Wild Honey singing it "Blondie"style.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2017, 12:07:46 PM »

Enjoy the show, Lowbacca. They do a great show !
Thanks  Cheesy

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since the Mike's Boys' Berlin show.. Shocked Busy schedule so I didn't have time to pop in and give my two cents.

It was my first time with this configuration of the BBs, and I was pretty much at the front, right next to the stage. Damn expensive, too.

Overall I enjoyed most of it, and I got my money's worth. I think. These guys are workhorses and war horses. And, once in a while, kitsch clowns.

The star is still the music. Even though Stamos tried his best to make it about him and Mike every chance he got. Well, I knew he would. (No mention of Brian whatsoever, either. I thought that was weird. Is that 'normal'? Both Carl and Dennis got shout-outs.)

It's Germany so "Kokomo", "California Dreamin'" and "Barbara Ann" got the biggest responses. I enjoyed all the Wild Honey tracks, everything with promiment Scott Totten vocals as well as the a capella "Their Hearts Were Full of Spring" (Bruce sounded fantastic).

It was a nice night, with the best music in the universe played by capable musicians in a tight band. Having said that, I guess that's for me with Mike's Boys. Been there, done that. At least at these horrendous ticket prices.

____

Off to see Brian next, in a couple of weeks. Love
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:09:56 PM by Lowbacca » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2017, 02:35:13 AM »

Yes, Bruce did well when I saw him, particularly on "Disney Girls" (and "THWFOS"). John C did a socking version of "Wild Honey". I don't know exactly what they did to "H&V" but it worked very well! Everyone worked hard, not least the hornplayer...

Full marks from me (no pun intended).    
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:16:08 AM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2017, 09:52:47 AM »

Yes, Bruce did well when I saw him, particularly on "Disney Girls" (and "THWFOP").

"Their Hearts Were Full Of...  Protein"?
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2017, 10:15:48 AM »

Yes, Bruce did well when I saw him, particularly on "Disney Girls" (and "THWFOP").

Yes, of course----Protein! LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2017, 12:14:36 PM »

Printemps Smiley
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2017, 02:01:54 AM »

Printemps Smiley

Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2017, 04:03:28 AM »

Printemps Smiley

Rite!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2017, 04:26:30 AM »

Printemps Smiley

Rite!

Ha! Seeing that in a couple of months' time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4m1RyJ_Tc8

BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2017, 06:50:10 AM »

MY CONCERT WAS AWESOME!!!

Arenīt You Glad wasnīt performed, but the other two yeah. PISCES BROTHER is a bootleg song that sounded pretty. Getcha Back new version sounded very well. Their Hearts were full of protein Grin
also sounded pretty. Awesome SCOTT TOTTEN on Ballad of Ole Betsy. Awesome BRIAN EICHENBERGER on Then I Kissed her and I Can Hear Music. Awesome RANDY LEAGO on California Dreaming. Awesome JEFF FOSKETT on Good Vibes and others. Awesome BRUCE JOHNSTON on You're so Good To Me. Awesome JOHN COWSILL on Wild honey and Cotton Fields. Awesome TIM BONHOME on Tannerin. AWESOME (Weird for haters) MIKE LOVE on his Casual songs + HELP ME RHONDA.

Here itīs Wild Honey by John  Cowsill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8M7GhhNqQU
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »

Awesome SCOTT TOTTEN on Ballad of Ole Betsy. Awesome BRIAN EICHENBERGER on Then I Kissed her and I Can Hear Music. Awesome RANDY LEAGO on California Dreaming. Awesome JEFF FOSKETT on Good Vibes and others. Awesome BRUCE JOHNSTON on You're so Good To Me. Awesome JOHN COWSILL on Wild honey and Cotton Fields. Awesome TIM BONHOME on Tannerin. AWESOME (Weird for haters) MIKE LOVE on his Casual songs + HELP ME RHONDA.

Well, at least there's an actual Beach Boy or two in that list of performers.  Undecided

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2017, 04:05:00 PM »

MY CONCERT WAS AWESOME!!!

Getcha Back new version sounded very well.

Huh...Has Mike done a remake on that as well?  Shocked
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx