gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:21:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "One on One with Mike Love"  (Read 8964 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 01:38:31 PM »

Am I alone in thinking that Mike interviewing AGD would be far more interesting?

I hope they gab and whine about the toxicity of online forums and the spread of false information over the web regarding the legacy of Mike Love. I was reading some of the PS forum posts and a certain person there is claiming that a lot of negative opinions about Mike Love are based on incomplete information. It's amazing to see that what happened here for years is perfectly mirroring what is happening there. Only on the PS forum there really isn't any voice of reason to challenge the opinion of a guy who went out to lunch with Mike so of course Mike is just the cat's meow and has no faults whatsoever.

Meanwhile anyone with a fucking brain and a teaspoon of intelligence can deduce just by Mike's monotonously passive aggressive interviews that, yeah, he's probably not the kindest Beach Boy. I'll trust David Crosby's opinion when he said that Mike is quite possibly the biggest jerk in rock n roll. And if that isn't a credible enough source, I'll base my opinion off the fact that Mike was childish enough to sue his cousin over a minuscule picture on a freebie CD....yeah, real class act guy. Can't wait to read this in depth one on one interview.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:44:08 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »

And if that isn't a credible enough source, I'll base my opinion off the fact that Mike was childish enough to sue his cousin over a minuscule picture on a freebie CD....yeah, real class act guy. Can't wait to read this in depth one on one interview.

You forgot the part about how he pretended that embarrassing failed lawsuit (which is a HUGE source of ire against him by many fans) didn't even occur whatsoever by "just happening to" exclude it from his autobio, and thus hoping people would just forget about it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 02:01:58 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 02:13:09 PM »

It's a love *cough* Trump university thang...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 02:28:41 PM »

I was reading some of the PS forum posts and a certain person there is claiming that a lot of negative opinions about Mike Love are based on incomplete information.

Surely Mr Love's autobiography could have been a great vehicle for conveying this missing information?  What a missed opportunity, if he failed to mention the specific facts that would inspire people to re-evaluate him!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 03:52:51 PM »

Some great questions, however everyone does realise AGD will serve up only 'soft' questions, right? Roll Eyes
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 03:53:57 PM »

Softer than the blubber on his belly.... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 04:12:33 PM »

I was reading some of the PS forum posts and a certain person there is claiming that a lot of negative opinions about Mike Love are based on incomplete information.

Surely Mr Love's autobiography could have been a great vehicle for conveying this missing information?  What a missed opportunity, if he failed to mention the specific facts that would inspire people to re-evaluate him!

Had Mike mentioned stuff like the 2005 lawsuit, and expressed sincere regret, saying he was caught up in some misguided rage and admitted to having acted in a regretful manner, I'd certainly have given him re-evaluation points. And I think most of his critics would. In fact, I cannot imagine any reason why Mike can't realize that fessing up to his mistakes is the only key to getting people to positively re-evaluate him.

Unless, of course, he to this day thinks he (and/or his lawyers with the repugnant descriptions of Brian) acted in an admirable fashion or something. The thing I'll never get until my last breath is how someone who does this stuff (or allows this stuff to be done under their name/direction) can be baffled that people could be extremely put off by it, and subsequently develop a dislike for him for it. It does not compute. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:52:34 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 05:53:37 PM »

Mike doesn't care since he didn't mention it in the book. If there is a way to shake down BW, Mike will take it since the 1994 lawsuit actually succeeded in doing so.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 05:29:31 AM »

Assume that I'm thinking what I always think about 'this' kind of 'thing'.  Look at ALL of the time I just saved you. Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Amalgamate
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2017, 02:53:55 PM »

Oh man, I can't believe I missed this... and by a day. So many questions!

"Why isn't your magnum opus 'Summer in Paradise' available on Spotify? I was ready for the summer of love!"
"Was having Van Dyke Parks on Kokomo and Summer in Paradise part of some long term humiliation plan? Because if so it's kind of brilliant."
"How many baseball hats do you own?""
"Why haven't you followed me back on Twitter?"

I tricked a club promoter into playing "The Elements" at a show and it was *fire*.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2017, 05:02:41 PM »

Great questions! LOL

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »

When did you start your botox treatments, 1963 or 64?

After your hair plugs failed, why didn't you just shave your head?

When did you realize that you couldn't write a decent song? Yesterday?

How many rehearsals did it take to get your Rock and Roll HOF speech just right?

How many lawyers do you have on retainer?

Are you fairly close to ditching Bruce?

Explain what it's like, on a daily basis, to be the biggest asshole in rock.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 12:58:27 AM »

Giving credit where credit is due, your 4th question is excellent.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2017, 09:00:03 AM »

Anyone watch Steve Perry's speech a few weeks back?

https://youtu.be/3sGlKDbJc-M

While not fully aware of the bands history, many have commented about what a class act he was. Mike should have been as gracious.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2017, 09:16:20 AM »

While not fully aware of the bands history, many have commented about what a class act he was. Mike should have been as gracious.

Just goes to show what jealousy, paranoia and greed will do to someone. myKe luHv is only interested in promoting himself while throwing a few crumbs to others that made his miserable life what it has been and still feels like the rug was pulled out from under him.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 11:23:32 AM »

What's also funny is that Perry's position vis-à-vis "Journey" is a bit (and I stress only a bit) like Al Jardine's place in the Beach Boys, in that he was booted in a somewhat confusing fashion and it has never been 100% clear how much he wants to be back in the current touring iteration of the band.

I think Steve Perry has also mellowed out a little more. Not too long ago, I watched the "extended" VH1 Behind the Music episode on "Journey", and while Perry was clearly bummed they booted him from the band due to a health issue, he wasn't exactly super gracious about all of the other guys in the band over the years. Just as he was left behind by the band, Perry left behind some aggrieved band members during his tenure in the band.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx