gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:38:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suicide playlist  (Read 2612 times)
grapejuicesnake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »

If you were to commit suicide would these songs make an appropriate playlist to put on a flash drive to be viewed after you're death.  Please don't tell me not to do it.  Any suggestions?  No particular order.

Dennis Wilson- All Alone
Brian Wilson- It's not easy being me
Brian Wilson- Sail away
Brian Wilson- Whatever happend
I just wasn't made for these times
Leaving this town
Brian Wilson- Midnight's another  day
Pacific coast highway
That's not me
Still I dream of it
Til I die
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »

Suicide isn't selfish at all, it is relieving pain.
But to make a choice to associate someone else's art with a personal decision such as suicide is very selfish and inflicts new pain on others rather than relieving it.  It gives them a role in something that they didn't ask for and would never want. 
I hope you decide to get rid of this thread.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 10:58:14 PM »

If you were to commit suicide would these songs make an appropriate playlist to put on a flash drive to be viewed after you're death.  Please don't tell me not to do it.  Any suggestions?  No particular order.

Dennis Wilson- All Alone
Brian Wilson- It's not easy being me
Brian Wilson- Sail away
Brian Wilson- Whatever happend
I just wasn't made for these times
Leaving this town
Brian Wilson- Midnight's another  day
Pacific coast highway
That's not me
Still I dream of it
Til I die

I think your list includes some very fine songs for a sad day. I've found myself wallowing in the moods of these songs on occasion myself.

I hope you can reach out for help to someone in your life. I get the sense that you may be a very young person. It's not something I generally bring up in conversations in life (much less on a public forum), but I lost three friends to suicide when I was a teenager. Over the years, I've often stopped to wonder what my friends might be like today, and how their very deep concerns of that era might be viewed through the lense of time. I know that my perception certainly has changed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:00:12 PM by DonnyL » Logged

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 11:24:19 PM »

The only one of those songs I would put on a suicide playlist is Till I Die. I lean towards Phil Ochs songs for my suicide tunes - No More Songs, Jim Dean of Indiana, Rehearsals for Retirement, Chords of Fame.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 01:38:02 AM »

Not an appropriate thread.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 02:15:14 AM »

Seek help. No one here wants a death on their conscience. Indeed, a most inappropriate thread.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Crow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 06:09:14 AM »

Not sure this is appropriate either....
The All Golden
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 06:28:34 AM »

I truly hope this is a hypothetical question, even then it is still a very uncomfortable and inappropriate topic to discuss. Go talk to someone, I've had several family members who suffered from depression and even had one take their life because of it. It's one of the most tragic things you can imagine, not just for the grief others have to feel but because a precious and valuable life was wasted.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 07:07:02 AM »

OP- please talk to a mental health professional. Mods- please remove (first time I've ever asked that)

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 07:10:39 AM »

I don't relate any of those songs with death.

This thread should be removed.  Shouldn't be left to exist for more than ten minutes.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 07:31:40 AM »

Sad
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 10:10:48 AM »

This thread creates a very uneasy feeling for me. I myself know far too well what it feels like to hit bottom; I'm currently on medical leave due to the depressive side of my bipolar disorder getting a bit out of hand. I don't know what you are going through right now but this is not  healthy at all. Don't let this beat you.

I'm going to lock this thread; if you need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out to me.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx