gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:59:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horder next door......  (Read 1053 times)
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2017, 11:32:34 AM »

Well, sometimes it truly is being at the right place at the right time.  I live in Seattle having relocated from Cleveland back in 2014.  We have/had an old gent living next door. Over 70 and was VERY quiet and kept to himself.  A lot of other strange stuff observed over these 3 years.  Sadly he had a severe stroke 8 months ago and will spend the rest of his time in a rehab facility.  So......He has no friends or family and his realtor is now in charge of his affairs.  The guy has been hording for 50 years.  An estate company is now charged with disposing of all the stuff.....Bought my wife a set of Spaan cookware with the original receipts in the original boxes from 1982 !!  So lets get to the  8-track/tapes/cd collection/album !!

I helped the ladies carry the heavy stuff into and out of the house for the last month .  They had 5 rather large boxes of tapes and cds they sold to a Vegas corporation that makes markets in this stuff.  I say to them...."Any Beach Boys stuff" ?   The lady just laughed....anything from the 50's/60's/70's  from Les Paul to Little Richard to yes our favorite band.  The pointed me into the garage      15 boxes of albums....Now the guy did make one mistake as he pulled off the plastic wrapping, but all jacket covers are in PRISTINE shape.  I walked away with the following...... 

1.   (3) Carl and the Passions  "So Tough" albums, and
       2.   BB's California Girls Double Play with BB's All Summer Long as the 2nd album
       3.   Best of BB's
       4.   Best of the BB's Vol 2.
       5.   Very Best of BB's Anthology  1963-1969
       6.   The BB's Fun Fun Fun Fun Double Play with Dance Dance Dance  as the 2nd album
       7.   Wild Honey
       8.   Friends
       9.   Endless Summer
     10.   15 Big Ones
     11.   Love You..........and for our friends across the pond
     12.   Stones   Let it Bleed

Folks, the ladies gave these to me for FREE for helping them out over the past month.  Now I get with the cellophane off, the collector value isn't what it could be but just having these in my possession makes my day !!    Any today is the "8-track" day.  I will post what I find
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:53:37 AM »

Nice, it works out to help out the neighbors!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx