gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:20:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Don Rickles  (Read 4739 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2017, 11:33:21 AM »

The greatest comedian of all time.  I'll miss him.  Sad

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/don-rickles-dead-dies-comedian-insult-vegas-1202025068/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 12:06:20 PM »

Nooooooooooooooo. He was well before my time and though I saw him growing up in movies like 'Kelly's Heroes' I only just got into his whole career in the last 5-10 years (much thanks to YouTube). I'd love catching him on recent late night television and the audience, in this bullshit politically correct age, wouldn't know whether to laugh or gasp...if they gasped he'd turn that into a joke too. The man is a legend.

Thank god his comedy is available for all to see on the internet. Here is his performance from Reagan's second inauguration. Not for the faint of heart (it's really nothing too bad but people are so sensitive these days; you never know)...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9XGGZ0kQ5w

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 12:18:09 PM »

Cry damn

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »

Nooooooooooooooo. He was well before my time and though I saw him growing up in movies like 'Kelly's Heroes' I only just got into his whole career in the last 5-10 years (much thanks to YouTube). I'd love catching him on recent late night television and the audience, in this bullshit politically correct age, wouldn't know whether to laugh or gasp...if they gasped he'd turn that into a joke too. The man is a legend.

Thank god his comedy is available for all to see on the internet. Here is his performance from Reagan's second inauguration. Not for the faint of heart (it's really nothing too bad but people are so sensitive these days; you never know)...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9XGGZ0kQ5w

I'll put it like this ... I'm as liberal as one gets..and this guy was still my favorite comedian.  Very funny man

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 12:38:16 PM »

I'll put it like this ... I'm as liberal as one gets..and this guy was still my favorite comedian.  Very funny man

This is exactly how I feel about it. I mostly agree with the progressive vision of the Democratic Party, but I hope most level headed people would agree that the world would be a sad and tiresome place if we couldn't poke fun at each other.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 05:51:32 PM »

I'm in the same boat as you only getting into his career about 5 years ago.  I sort of became obsessed with him like I did with The Beach Boys and watched pretty much every video on youtube  LOL.  Regarding recent late night appearances, I didn't know whether to shake my head or laugh that much more when the audience didn't know how to react.  That Reagan video is great, I wish he would have been invited to Trump's inaugural ball.  He made a tweet about not getting invited, but it seems to have been deleted. 

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx