gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:07:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Kiss Me, Baby" Sheet Music  (Read 5363 times)
Vultan
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2017, 05:50:31 AM »

Does anyone happen to have sheet music for "Kiss Me, Baby"?

I know surfermoon.com has the chords, but I'm looking for a transcription of the actual melody. I understand that the old website "OK, Everybody, Sing" had the vocal charts for the song at one time; however the links for KMB have since gone bad. (http://wayback.archive.org/web/20120208150630/http://okeverybody.com/beach_boys)

If anyone managed to save these vocal sheets (or if you have your own transcription), I would really appreciate it if you share them with me. I can't find this song in any book (and I own a few at this point).

Thanks.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 04:50:52 AM »

Hi Vultan. I can't find anything anywhere online (except the ubiquitous lyrics and guitar chords).

You say you want the melody. The verse is no problem but the chorus is more complex. Or do you want a complete vocal score? I'd be willing to give it a try when I have the time.

But let's see if anyone else comes up with the goods first... 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Vultan
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 08:30:59 AM »

Thanks for looking into this, JK.

I just want the basic melody. Something like this guy did:
https://youtu.be/bZVSNLBINLQ

I've recently discovered the joy of playing vocal melodies on my bass guitar. It's really revitalized my interest in an instrument that I'd, frankly, grown bored with. I'm currently having a lot of fun working on a Pet Sounds medley. I have my sights on a Today! medley next, but I just can't imagine doing it without Kiss Me, Baby.

Anyway, I really didn't expect anyone to take the time to transcribe it for me. I was moreso wondering if anyone already had the sheets. However, if you want to give it a try, I'd be so grateful. But like you said, it's best to wait to see if someone else can deliver already existing sheets. This is far, far from urgent.

Thanks again.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »

Thanks for looking into this, JK.

I just want the basic melody. Something like this guy did:
https://youtu.be/bZVSNLBINLQ

I've recently discovered the joy of playing vocal melodies on my bass guitar. It's really revitalized my interest in an instrument that I'd, frankly, grown bored with. I'm currently having a lot of fun working on a Pet Sounds medley. I have my sights on a Today! medley next, but I just can't imagine doing it without Kiss Me, Baby.

Anyway, I really didn't expect anyone to take the time to transcribe it for me. I was moreso wondering if anyone already had the sheets. However, if you want to give it a try, I'd be so grateful. But like you said, it's best to wait to see if someone else can deliver already existing sheets. This is far, far from urgent.

Thanks again.

I get the picture. Just the melody (one line only, in other words)...

If (or rather when) I give it a try, I think I should write it in the treble clef, so that others can more easily make use of it. In 12/8, in the original key of E flat.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:17:12 AM by JK » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Vultan
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 07:02:07 AM »

That sounds great, JK. I’m used to working with the treble clef, anyway (as I usually adapt piano/vocal sheets to suit my own needs). 

Thanks again. I really wasn’t expecting to find such generosity. It’s a great start to my time on this board.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 08:27:58 AM »

That sounds great, JK. I’m used to working with the treble clef, anyway (as I usually adapt piano/vocal sheets to suit my own needs). 

Thanks again. I really wasn’t expecting to find such generosity. It’s a great start to my time on this board.

I'll make a start this evening.

As for your second remark: having long been in a position to take so much from others (i.e., a treasurehouse of BB information), it's very gratifying to be able to give something in return. :=)

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 05:52:11 AM »

Here you go, Vultan, other folks:

If anything's not clear (read: legible), please shout.

Just a couple of remarks:

In lines 4 and 5, some notes behave differently in the two verses and are marked (1) and (2).  

In line 8, the first note is a grace note (B flat) and the two notes in brackets are G and A flat respectively.

As you see, I've tried to accommodate parts other than the main melody as the song makes little sense without them. The first "whoa baby" has a tied E flat but the second isn't tied, as Mike flubs his double track at that point (i.e., "whoa whoa baby"), but this is so much part of the song that I really think it belongs in this arrangement, flub or not. (Curiously, at least one new BB comp "corrects" it but doesn't help matters by removing the wrong "whoa"!)

And, of course, some parts may be dropped an octave but I leave that to the performer...  
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:54:54 AM by JK » Logged

Vultan
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 05:50:23 AM »

That looks great, JK. I really can't thank you enough. I can't wait to start learning it. I owe you one.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 06:13:23 AM »

That looks great, JK. I really can't thank you enough. I can't wait to start learning it. I owe you one.

My pleasure!

As for owing me one, my philosophy is to "pass it on" rather than pass it back. Makes the world go round, you know. ;=)

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx