gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:59:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mike Interview/Article - UK Independent  (Read 7608 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 05:10:58 PM »

I would prefer that Mike not mention Brian's issues, past and current, when asked about their relationship, but there's probably more truth to what he says than most would care to admit.  I also cannot blame him if he's extremely irritated that he has to deal with someone who has no background in the music business, if he wants to work with or deal with Brian Wilson.     

Exactly

Brian and Melinda have been married for more than 20 years, so I'd say Melinda has more than 20 years of experience in the music business at this point.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 05:51:14 PM »

Would there be any difference? Angry

I hate to say it, but I frankly think Mike is holding back. His comments are of a passive aggressive nature, where he never actually *specifically* states how much he hates Melinda in the manner that I think he does.  I think if given truth serum, or behind closed doors, he would talk about her in a disgusting way that would make Donald Trump proud.  Sometimes I wonder if he hates her more than he hates Landy.

For the record, I very much hope it never gets that publicly ugly, but you can just sense the simmering ugliness that in and of itself (even when "sugarcoated" for public interviews) is pretty blatantly obvious, and just very sad, especially at the age that these guys are. Very, very sad. Yet Brian takes the high road.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:43:10 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 06:58:09 AM »

I think you are right CD..... Undecided

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 08:24:10 AM »

Mike on truth serum would be.... interesting. Shocked

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2017, 12:12:01 PM »

I also cannot blame him if he's extremely irritated that he has to deal with someone who has no background in the music business

And I'm sure there are also people at the same time who think that perhaps Mike's wife Jacqueline should butt out of Mike's career, hiring and firing cheerleaders (!?) for the group, and supposedly honestly being one of the main players behind the scenes during the C50 tour (along with Melinda). So I guess, its okay if this woman runs things for Mike, but if it's THAT Melinda lady, well then to them she's just some nobody who has no background in music.
Needleinthehay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2017, 01:06:30 PM »

Id love to have someone ask him point blank "why do you constantly talk sh*t about brian? Also i know you hate that people think of you as being kind of an asshole. Have you ever thought about being more gracious about him in interviews that it might make people hate you less?"

Of course he'd probably just say he cant help brian did drugs, hes just being honest, Etc
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2017, 01:39:38 PM »

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up. It's the only avenue to encountering anything resembling the truth from myKe luHv. If you've got the needle ready, I'll hold him down.  High Five

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2017, 02:53:16 PM »

I have no problem with Mike talking about Manson....it is a rather well-know part of their history.  Maybe they should release Never Learn Not to Love as a new single.  Or it could serve as a slogan for the NeverMiker's on this board...never learn not to Love, heh!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2017, 03:14:24 PM »

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up. It's the only avenue to encountering anything resembling the truth from myKe luHv. If you've got the needle ready, I'll hold him down.  High Five

I'll bring the feather to tickle his bald head  Afro
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2017, 03:19:30 PM »

I will ask the questions! police

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »

I have no problem with Mike talking about Manson....it is a rather well-know part of their history.  Maybe they should release Never Learn Not to Love as a new single.  Or it could serve as a slogan for the NeverMiker's on this board...never learn not to Love, heh!

Would Mike still talk about Manson all the time if BRI made a rule that for each Manson mention, Mike must perform Never Learn Not to Love in concert? Would the lure of more attention be worth him playing a song that he'd surely feel awkward as f*** performing?
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »

Would Mike still talk about Manson all the time if BRI made a rule that for each Manson mention, Mike must perform Never Learn Not to Love in concert? Would the lure of more attention be worth him playing a song that he'd surely feel awkward as f*** performing?

Yes! and make him do 23 takes of the last part of "Cabinessense"   Cheesy

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2017, 12:57:42 PM »

I hesitate to start a new thread for this because Mike threads tend to be a mess. But in case anyone is interested:

https://www.mytimesplus.co.uk/events/an-evening-with-the-beach-boys-mike-love#.WOFUl_LIQlA.twitter

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2017, 04:14:51 PM »

Hats off to all of you for actually reading the thing.  I don't bother at this point because it's always so repetitive and annoying, and I assume that some of you will let us know if he says anything new.

I saw Brian last night.  He was in really good spirits and sang well. He's 74 and his trajectory looked fine to me.  He's clearly doing what he wants.  And Mike last saw him, um???

As far as Mike's attitude toward Melinda, it rather fits with his refusal to admit how well Brian has been loved and supported for a few decades - but then that wouldn't really suit Mike's endless narrative, would it?  "Fake news," indeed.  "Sad..." 
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2017, 05:40:38 PM »

Hats off to all of you for actually reading the thing.  I don't bother at this point because it's always so repetitive and annoying, and I assume that some of you will let us know if he says anything new.

I saw Brian last night.  He was in really good spirits and sang well. He's 74 and his trajectory looked fine to me.  He's clearly doing what he wants.  And Mike last saw him, um???

As far as Mike's attitude toward Melinda, it rather fits with his refusal to admit how well Brian has been loved and supported for a few decades - but then that wouldn't really suit Mike's endless narrative, would it?  "Fake news," indeed.  "Sad..." 

So damn well put, Deb. Thank you for that home run post.

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2017, 03:39:43 PM »

So damn well put, Deb. Thank you for that home run post.

Thanks, OSD!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx