gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:27:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New, very long Bob Dylan interview  (Read 1663 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:45:09 PM »

https://bobdylan.com/news/qa-with-bill-flanagan/

The former editor of Musician: Player And Listener magazine talks with ol' Bob. The opening third of it focuses on his recent albums of standard, including the new 3 CD set, but then comes a torrent of questions covering a lot of unexpected topics, and Bob has plenty of interesting and at times funny answers. It's been quite a while since a Dylan interview got this in-depth.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 06:52:44 AM »

Good interview. Thanks for posting.

I always thought the "Jester" in American Pie was referring to Mick Jagger.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 07:02:55 AM »

I always heard the jester was Dylan, but I don't quite agree with Dylan's interpretation. The court jester is part of a tradition of people who challenged and critiqued power; however, they did so from within power. Maybe it's the latter point that Dylan objects to, but I don't necessarily think that it's the worst comparison that could be made.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 07:24:52 AM »

Dylan has always been a bit insecure about his origins from middle class society. Still a great interview!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »

I always heard the jester was Dylan, but I don't quite agree with Dylan's interpretation. The court jester is part of a tradition of people who challenged and critiqued power; however, they did so from within power. Maybe it's the latter point that Dylan objects to, but I don't necessarily think that it's the worst comparison that could be made.

Interesting. In that case  I think Dylan fitted the bill nicely back then. I thought of the joker as kind of a fool... I guess I think Jabber is a fool.  LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx