gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 03:48:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All I Wanna Do cover  (Read 3351 times)
swinkhouse
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2017, 06:33:20 PM »

Hi all! I've Been lurking on this forum for a couple of years now but never posted anything. I recorded a cover of "All I Wanna Do" and would love some feedback on it! Not the most fantastic singer, but I think it turned out alright. Let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/sobituous/all-i-wanna-do-beach-boys-cover
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 07:45:49 PM »

It sounds like it should be about a half step slower, but otherwise I like it!
Ninten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 08:39:07 PM »

I love this! Nice arrangement--the piano has a really dream sound. I don't think you have to bury your vocals so low in the mix; they sound great. Are you familiar with Animal Collective at all? You could totally pull off their vocal style.
swinkhouse
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 09:11:45 AM »

I love this! Nice arrangement--the piano has a really dream sound. I don't think you have to bury your vocals so low in the mix; they sound great. Are you familiar with Animal Collective at all? You could totally pull off their vocal style.

Thanks! I got the piano recently for free and it's a little detuned, about -26 cents, but I absolutely love its sound - reminds me of Brian's Chickering piano sound in the late 60s (obviously not AS good though). And yeah I listen to Animal Collective, I really like their sound! "No More Runnin" is one of my favorite songs
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »

Half of the talent in vocals is getting a good sounding recording, and what i can hear here is very well balanced! Turn them up and let them shine!!

Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 10:12:22 AM »

Your take on the sound is interesting, I like how it retains the aesthetic of the original but you made it your own too. Nice production but the vocals could be a bit louder, I'm notorious for making my vocals lower in a mix because I don't like my own voice maybe you're doing the same haha
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx