gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:09:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you have anything signed by Carl?  (Read 4624 times)
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2017, 04:39:50 PM »

I am looking to buy things signed by Carl Wilson. Beach Boys related photos, picture sleeves, albums covers, a piece of paper, etc. Anything I can have living members sign!

I can offer money or do trades. I am a younger collector and would love to add a couple more things signed by Carl to my collection. You can post them in this thread or shoot me a message!

If for some reason this kind of post isn't allowed, my apologies! Thanks!

Brian introduced The Little Girl I Once Knew by saying that the first two notes sounded "Chinese," but not to worry because the rest of the song was "American."    
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »

Sorry, gave mine away a long time ago to an honorable collector. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »

I had Carl sign his first album for me in June 1983, along with a flyer promoting the BB's 20th anniversary tv special - it aired that summer on our local PBS. I am so thankful I got to meet the man, would never part with either item.
And to this day, Carl and Brian are the only members I have met.
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »

I would never sell any of the items that I have in my collection, but my experience was that Carl Wilson was pretty good signer.  Carl was actually the first of The Beach Boys that I ever got an autograph from.  But, authentic autographed items with his signature turn up from time to time on a certain auction web site.  If nothing else, you can probably find one there at a reasonable price.
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »

I've always heard that Carl was nice and signed, but I am having the hardest time coming across his autographs online. I've probably spent the last year or so constantly looking on a certain auction site and there has been very little to come up. Either they were priced too high or they weren't legitimate.

Posting on here was actually one of my last efforts to see if anyone has anything signed by him. I can understand how hard it is to give up an autograph, I have plenty of things I wouldn't give up in my collection. Like I mentioned in my initial post, my intentions are to add the remaining members and in essence get them as complete as they can be.

Brian introduced The Little Girl I Once Knew by saying that the first two notes sounded "Chinese," but not to worry because the rest of the song was "American."    
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 07:50:43 PM »

I truly do appreciate the responses, by the way. I'm glad other people are as passionate about it as I am!

Beckgtr09
Smiley Smile Associate

I've been in this town so long......

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 07:58:12 PM »

I have a 25th Anniversary Tour program signed by Carl. Like the others I will not nor never part with this.

beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 12:53:05 PM »

Everyone is teasing me here! But I can totally understand. It would be hard for me to part with any autographs I got in person as well.

I do appreciate the input, though!

Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »

Here are the two items I have signed by Carl (both purchased):

I owned this 25 years program, purchased for $60 ended up selling it for  around $150 (didn't like the personalization)

I personally think you are better off trying to find a completed item with Carl already on it. Here is my reasoning:

1. Completed items with Carl can be had at a reasonable price ($200-$500 depending on the item and whether Brian is also on it--Dennis included inflates the price considerably).
2. Meet & Greets are pricey - Brian, Al and Blondie ($500 includes ticket to concert), Mike and Bruce ($250 does not include ticket to concert) - if you believe Brian's website, they are giving you his signed book and no other memorabilia will be signed. I have not heard of too many successes of getting Brian to sign outside the venue in the last couple of years.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 09:20:12 AM »

COMMENT to Beatle608:

Carl's signature looks like this . . .

~swd
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 11:41:41 AM »

Marty, those are some beautiful pieces! Some of the best I have seen, actually. I have had good luck with meeting Mike, Al, Bruce, Blondie, Ricky, and David outside of venues. I avoid meet and greets because I can't afford them. I also don't really buy fully signed pieces a lot because I love getting the autographs myself. It means a lot more to me if I got the autographs myself than if I were to just buy them. Unfortunately, I was only a couple years old when Carl passed away. I truly wish I could have met him. 

Mr. Desper, that Sunflower is amazing! I have never seen a Sunflower signed by Carl. One of my favorite Beach Boys albums, too!

Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 07:50:55 AM »

Marty, those are some beautiful pieces! Some of the best I have seen, actually. I have had good luck with meeting Mike, Al, Bruce, Blondie, Ricky, and David outside of venues. I avoid meet and greets because I can't afford them. I also don't really buy fully signed pieces a lot because I love getting the autographs myself. It means a lot more to me if I got the autographs myself than if I were to just buy them. Unfortunately, I was only a couple years old when Carl passed away. I truly wish I could have met him. 

Mr. Desper, that Sunflower is amazing! I have never seen a Sunflower signed by Carl. One of my favorite Beach Boys albums, too!
I have not seen a lot of single-signed pieces of Carl, usually he is found on pieces already signed by the rest of the group (usually, Mike, Al, Bruce and Carl). I don't think there are any Pet Sounds albums already signed by Dennis and Carl just waiting for the living members to sign it. I think that is the dream, but the reality is that most serious collectors would note the scarcity and find a way to add the living members. You do see this happening often with items already signed by Mike, Al, Bruce and Carl and then adding Brian in more recent years--that is how my 25th Anniversary photo was completed.

Best of luck!
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 06:56:09 PM »

Here are the two items I have signed by Carl (both purchased):

I owned this 25 years program, purchased for $60 ended up selling it for  around $150 (didn't like the personalization)

I personally think you are better off trying to find a completed item with Carl already on it. Here is my reasoning:

1. Completed items with Carl can be had at a reasonable price ($200-$500 depending on the item and whether Brian is also on it--Dennis included inflates the price considerably).
2. Meet & Greets are pricey - Brian, Al and Blondie ($500 includes ticket to concert), Mike and Bruce ($250 does not include ticket to concert) - if you believe Brian's website, they are giving you his signed book and no other memorabilia will be signed. I have not heard of too many successes of getting Brian to sign outside the venue in the last couple of years.

If they're now giving out presigned books at the Brian Wilson meet and greets, I wonder if these will be auto pen signed books.  At the Atlantic City meet in greet in 2013 they gave out presigned photos, and the Brian Wilson signatures were "ghost signed".  After enough of us complained, they finally mailed us authentic signed photos.  If Brian really doesn't want to do the signings, then the management should not be promising them just get people to buy an expensive meet and greet package.
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 09:23:23 PM »

I have been meaning to ask for photos of the books that they're handing out at the meet and greets. I haven't heard of any complaints yet... so I hope they're good.

Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 03:19:58 PM »

I have the 25th Anniversary Sunkist LP signed by Carl, Brian, Al, Mike and Bruce. Funny thing about my copy...it 'sorta' has an additional Al autograph. Al must've used my album cover as a clipboard for another autograph because I can see the indent of a his autograph on the back of my album cover. I owned the album for a whole year before I ever noticed it.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 03:21:09 PM »

....oh and I would never part with it. Not for sale  Cool
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »

feel free anybody to leave something in your wills for the horsie  Smokin
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 08:23:17 AM »

If my house ever burns down, first things I go for will be my Pet Sounds and Sunflower LP's, both personally signed over the years by Brian, Carl, Mike, Al and Bruce. Absolutely priceless. Sunflower signed in the centerfold.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 08:49:26 AM »

If my house ever burns down, first things I go for will be my Pet Sounds and Sunflower LP's, both personally signed over the years by Brian, Carl, Mike, Al and Bruce. Absolutely priceless. Sunflower signed in the centerfold.

Oh man... that's great.

Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 05:59:36 PM »

Here is an incomplete piece with Carl already on it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEACH-BOYS-Ten-Years-Of-Harmony-1981-Autographed-Signed-LP-Cover-Carl-Wilson-/382090146703?hash=item58f658f38f:g:oxAAAOSwjL5ZHf51
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 03:06:17 PM »

I did catch that... just wish Mike's signature wasn't ruined or that it was personalized by Billy. Or else I would have picked that up instantly!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx