gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:28:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl Wilson /Myrna Smith songwriting demo tapes?  (Read 1491 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2017, 10:16:01 AM »

On American Bandstand in 1981, on this video at 2:15, Carl talks about Myrna Smith recording songwriting sessions (demos, presumably?) on her "little cassette machine"... I'm guessing this means that somewhere, there are songwriting demos of Carl's solo songs, that were apparently recorded at Myrna's house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzfYSrFpiUo

Curious if any archivists have tried to unearth these tapes that Carl talks about?

I'd also tend to think there would be similar homemade demo tapes for lots and lots of other BB-related material. It would tend to seem logical.

Side note: Myrna is definitely one of the very few female songwriting collaborators that The BBs have ever written songs with. How many others are there? I know Brian cowrote some material with The Honeys, and Alexandra Morgan had some input (although how much is debatable) on songs such as In My Car.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:28:41 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »

I would love to hear those.  I would also be interested in the Unreleased Myrna Smith album that Carl was involved in.
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »

Tapes of the Wilson-Smith sessions?  Would absolutely love to hear them.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 09:44:15 PM »

Would also like to hear any Wilson/Bachman recordings. I enjoyed "This is Elvis" with Myrna singing. Interesting that it was first released as a Carl Wilson recording; now I see Spotify has correctly filed it under Myrna's name.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx